• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Trip Report The Return of Random Day

NothatDonald

Original Poster
Recap and some Random thoughts

Even though we were only there for a week, for some reason it felt much longer. Sure, we would have loved to have added a couple more days. Ok, weeks, to our stay. But it clearly ranks right up there as one of our most fun Disney trips ever. We enjoyed many of our favorite things to do and added some new things to the list. French Quarter will remain our favorite resort to stay at. It’s quiet, beautiful, and has the most friendly outgoing CMs in all the land. I love that no matter how long we’ve stayed away that many of them call us by name and continue a conversation right where we left off the last time we stayed.

I’ve read many trip reports on this site over the years and have learned so much from all of those that have shared there experiences with us and I can only hope that in some small way that I have been able to pay it forward.

Writing the report quasi live actually made every day even more fun for a couple of reasons. One - I didn’t have to take notes or pull information from an already too cluttered mind and two - it helped us look at everything we did with a fresh perspective and made us want to share more.

Was everything great, magical, and practically perfect in every way? No, of course not. Did we let the not perfect things get us down? Not a chance.

Love bugs? Yep. Somewhere between a gazillion and infinity. But it was really cute watching a little boy on the bus, carefully collecting them in a paper cup and telling me each ones name. Yes, he had named them all!

Cheerleaders? Give me a “Y”. Give me an “E”. Give me a “S”!!!!! Laughing, giggling, and taking selfies all over the place.

Scooters, groups stopping dead in their tracks blocking the way, and strollers? Yep, yep, and double yep.

Did we have some odd things happen when we were there? If you call the toilet in our room letting out a huge moaning sound every time it was flushed (we called her Mertle) or the breastfeeding Mom at our desert party table that got “desert” ready for her baby out in the open for a full minute before her husband got the baby out of the stroller odd then I would say we had a few.

Will we do it again even though we normally go for Food and Wine in September and Star Wars is going to make all the parks a zoo? Not in September, but we did take advantage of our book back offer and will be going back down December 11th for a few days to see all the Christmas decorations.

Will I do another Random trip report? I’ll leave that up to the pros here to help decide if you would like another “Random” look at our adventures.

Last edited:

myhappyplace

Love the random!!

I thoroughly enjoyed your report-- what a great couple who knows how to roll with things, and just loves being at Disney together!

You have me even more excited for my first POFQ stay in less than a month!

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us!

NothatDonald

Original Poster
Love the random!!

I thoroughly enjoyed your report-- what a great couple who knows how to roll with things, and just loves being at Disney together!

You have me even more excited for my first POFQ stay in less than a month!

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us!
Thanks for following. You’ll love POFQ! Say hi to Shelley from Don and Diana.

NothatDonald

Original Poster
More random?
Yes, please!
We were actually at MK on the same day as your last day, but on the opposite side of the park. You and Woody narrowly escaped randomness! Who knows? If it catches on, maybe there could be a group Random day in the future. That could be a real hoot! Thanks for the vote of confidence.

MinnieM123

Thank you for sharing your vacation with us. I really wish more people would add a random day to their trip, instead of following a set schedule every day. Glad it worked out so well for you! :)

Rista1313

Food at Sanaa looks delicious, we have never dined there because Frank doesn't like curry :rolleyes:😄
But, we both enjoy spicy savory dishes! Is it as good as it looks in your pictures?
Frank and I have that in common... I want to try the bread service... but I would not like anything else on the menu!

Top Bottom