The Resort TV channel is going away

_CJ

When you just want something to keep your demented family member entertained for a few minutes, the Disney World channel (whatever it highlights) always works. Some members of the family can’t make the tv work. It’s great to just have one nice thing to watch without murder news or crime tv or a show that requires thinking longer than 5 minutes for that person in the family get together at WDW.

Sir_Cliff

If they played the normal resort music, agreed. They give you the generic music that is supposedly tied to your resort.
I guess it also depends whether you think it's better they have the same music for every resort or if each resort has its own music that at least theoretically ties in to its theme.

For me, all of this seems a bit of a wash with plusses and minuses for each version.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
You're not really getting it. You seem to be a long time Disney guest/fan/enthusiast. You of all people should know that when it comes to Disney, the details are everything. This is yet another small but significant detail stripped away. The feeling of walking into your fresh room with this playing is now gone. I don't want to have to play with a TV. I want to have it on while I get ready, unpack, etc. I couldn't care less about interacting with my TV.

It's honestly just more silly, unnecessary and complex nonsense replacing a simpler solution that works perfectly; which can be said about basically everything they've done over the last 2 years.
Me of all people can realize that a tv station with music and info isn’t going to stick around forever in the same format... There are sooooo many other things to worry about.

Get yourself a small Bluetooth speaker and play some soft tunes while you sleep my dude.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The people green-lighting stupid things like this need to have their jobs deteriorated. Seriously.

Thank goodness I have the 2000’s resort TV loop tracks on my computer to listen to anytime.
This must be what average people hear from my mouth when I try to defend classic Epcot. Like... What in the world???

Indy_UK

I was going to say, I’m sure this isn’t new but looks like they are really starting to roll out to other resorts.

I like the change. I want to browse at my pace and not wait for the info to scroll round.

Disney Glimpses

Original Poster
I guess it also depends whether you think it's better they have the same music for every resort or if each resort has its own music that at least theoretically ties in to its theme.

For me, all of this seems a bit of a wash with plusses and minuses for each version.
We had both versions. Now we have one.

These things are great. My 6 & 3 year old daughters loved the feature where it reads a disney story to them. This is an upgrade, not a downgrade.
No one said the new system isn’t a welcome change but it’s hardly a replacement for resort tv.

As usual Disney is behind the times with their hotels. These interactive T.V.s have been around for years and they offer much more information than some channel set to a PowerPoint template.
The interactive features literally have less information lol and that feature’s template is no different from the one used for the channel.

Is it an enormous deal? No, but my goodness over the last 20 years I can literally think of hundreds of tiny details they’ve removed simply because they are too lazy to keep them.

Last edited:

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
We had both versions. Now we have one.

No one said the new system isn’t a welcome change but it’s hardly a replacement for resort tv.

Is it an enormous deal? No, but my goodness over the last 20 years I can literally think of hundreds of tiny details they’ve removed simply because they are too lazy to keep them.
If the "Disney Difference" is a generic channel with information people can readily get elsewhere, I think we need to raise the bar a little.

Disney Glimpses

Original Poster
If the "Disney Difference" is a generic channel with information people can readily get elsewhere, I think we need to raise the bar a little.
The information is only one piece, which by the way is being downgraded here. The other pieces are the aesthetics (graphics) used and music. Both were downgraded. The new feature is poorly designed, visually speaking. It’s a cheap cookie cut replacement that they just slapped screenshots from the regular resort TV into.

Disney Glimpses

Original Poster
The thing is their freaking out about this now after it's been rolled in to Coronado springs from 2 years ago..This was very slow news to many apparently.
Huh? Nope, not slow news at all. The news is literally them removing the channel from the lineup on these TVs. Not sure how I can explain that further. We are all well aware of the interactive TVs.

dreday3

The information is only one piece, which by the way is being downgraded here. The other pieces are the aesthetics (graphics) used and music. Both were downgraded. The new feature is poorly designed, visually speaking. It’s a cheap cookie cut replacement that they just slapped screenshots from the regular resort TV into.

In your opinion. :)

We experienced the one at Gran Destino in October 2021 and we enjoyed the music, fit "theme" of hotel. There was no old version resort channel available while we were there, we looked.

We will see Yacht/Beach next time, but saw a preview and I liked the background screen. Boats float on by....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom