The possiblity of a "cars" ride...

Videoteck

Original Poster
Ive been thinking this over and it seems logical, I think that they will be making a "cars" ride eventually. Anyways like I said just a "cars" ride, but possibley they wont start from scratch. Think about it what ride hasnt been in rehab in a long time and involves "cars" TOMARROWLAND SPEEDWAY! This is my prediction...they turn the speedway into the "cars" theme. I mean really the speedways right next to Toontown it would look good, what do you think, and what are your ideas?

Mr Bill

I'd actually like to see a Cars ride using technology from the Tokyo Pooh attraction. I think a scene with cars spinning out of control, coming inches from wrecking and barel missing each other would be pretty cool.

tigger2

hiya

they are making a cars ride at disneyland resort paris - in walt disney studios. here is the concept art. photos from photosmagiques, taken by mike. it does use the technology from the tokyo pooh ride.

cars2.jpg

TTATraveler

A Cars overlay at the Speedway would definately complete the Pixarification of Tomorrowland. Perhaps these cars could be of the non-polluting stinky gas kind.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
tigger2 said:
hiya

they are making a cars ride at disneyland resort paris - in walt disney studios. here is the concept art. photos from photosmagiques, taken by mike. it does use the technology from the tokyo pooh ride..

Afraid not - it`s more of a teacups technology leap backwards.

TDLs Honey Hunt ride system at DLRP? I bet they`d get Geyser Mountain first!

Mr Bill

Rather than using a track, the cars receive data from squares embedded in the ground to keep the cars going the right way. There is one scene where all of the hunny pots seem to be spinning out of control all over the room.

I've never been there, and am not too familiar with it, so anyone can feel free to correct me.

imagineer boy

Eesh, this would complete the ruining of tomorrowland. I do, however, would like to see Indy updated so that it fits the Tomorrowland theme more, and have more enviromental friendly cars.

bassman

using the speedway would be a great idea,it would fit in perfect.
though i am intrigued as to what this technology at tokyo is, sound fun and cool

Cmdr_Crimson

Actually..I think this would do better at MGM rather than Magic Kingdom...Put this concept in the way of Cartoon Spin right where Al's Toy Barn is..It would fit Perfectly adjacent to LMAX an attraction with Cars! Makes sense to me!

Mr Bill said:
Rather than using a track, the cars receive data from squares embedded in the ground to keep the cars going the right way. There is one scene where all of the hunny pots seem to be spinning out of control all over the room.

I've never been there, and am not too familiar with it, so anyone can feel free to correct me.
This sounds like a very neat, yet very dangerous, system.

bassman

Mr Bill said:

ah ha sounds cool they could maybe incorporate that technology into the indy speedway track so that there isnt that annoying metal 'runner' in the middle of the track.
and yes i too would like to see some more environmentaly friendly cars go ijn there, they stink soo bad on the walk into toontown.

TTATraveler

Cmdr_Crimson said:
Actually..I think this would do better at MGM rather than Magic Kingdom...Put this concept in the way of Cartoon Spin right where Al's Toy Barn is..It would fit Perfectly adjacent to LMAX an attraction with Cars! Makes sense to me!

Makes sense to me as well, however, the new Pixar based attractions seem to be destined for Magic Kingdom. I really like the idea of a Monster Inc attraction, just not in Tomorrowland.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It is a stunning system when it works. Each car `seems` to be following an invisible track, until as Mr Bill said they split up and literally dance and spin around eachother, almost bounce off the walls, travel backwards...

The cars have route knowledge from pucks in the floor (similar to UoE and Spectromagic) and also infra red proximity sensors. They talk to the wayside computer via RF and the RCS to stop hitting each other and the set. They also charge themselves when stationary through inductive coupling developed for UoE back in the late 70`s.

One very expensive system. No wonder WDW & DLC got a track based version.

bassman

that sounds like great fun
a 'cars' ride using this technology would be awesome.
they could make it like the cartoon spin ride in DLC only your in a race against other guests.that would be cool

Computer Magic

I've been stating for months that Tommorrowland will become Pixarland. The Indy Speedway will prime to become Cars. If this gets rid of Stitch then I'm more for it, however not keen on the idea.

TTATraveler

marni1971 said:
It is a stunning system when it works. Each car `seems` to be following an invisible track, until as Mr Bill said they split up and literally dance and spin around eachother, almost bounce off the walls, travel backwards...

The cars have route knowledge from pucks in the floor (similar to UoE and Spectromagic) and also infra red proximity sensors. They talk to the wayside computer via RF and the RCS to stop hitting each other and the set. They also charge themselves when stationary through inductive coupling developed for UoE back in the late 70`s.

One very expensive system. No wonder WDW & DLC got a track based version.

That system sounds awesome, but complex and problematic. Does it break down a lot?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom