The possiblity of a "cars" ride...

Epcot82Guy

marni1971 said:
It is a stunning system when it works. Each car `seems` to be following an invisible track, until as Mr Bill said they split up and literally dance and spin around eachother, almost bounce off the walls, travel backwards...

The cars have route knowledge from pucks in the floor (similar to UoE and Spectromagic) and also infra red proximity sensors. They talk to the wayside computer via RF and the RCS to stop hitting each other and the set. They also charge themselves when stationary through inductive coupling developed for UoE back in the late 70`s.

One very expensive system. No wonder WDW & DLC got a track based version.

I really hope WDW gets a version of this system at some point. My own thoughts... IMAG. Would be the perfect way to re-create and update the system (but look for that idea in the Imagineering forum soon).

Back to topic, I wouldn't mind a Cars overlay to the system, but I really wish they would tie the attraction into ToonTown. It doesn't mesh as well with Tomorrowland, it needs more scenery, and ToonTown lacks a large-scale attraction. Put the entrance at Pete's Garage, build mock-ups of other Toon's country houses, and do something with the car shells. It would add to the longevity in my opinion and get away from how the cars are futuristic. Just my $0.02, though.

bassman

Epcot82Guy said:
Back to topic, I wouldn't mind a Cars overlay to the system, but I really wish they would tie the attraction into ToonTown. It doesn't mesh as well with Tomorrowland, it needs more scenery, and ToonTown lacks a large-scale attraction. Put the entrance at Pete's Garage, build mock-ups of other Toon's country houses, and do something with the car shells. It would add to the longevity in my opinion and get away from how the cars are futuristic. Just my $0.02, though.

i really like this idea,it would work and wouldnt be too costly. good thinking epcot82guy

Boooo...

How about an original concept for those attractions beyond the borders of Fantasy Land?

This movie is still two weeks off and I'm already sick of it!

Videoteck

Original Poster
Ok well people think about tommarrowland speedway...it doesnt really seem to be in tomarrowland that much and its not futuristic so thats why it would be good for toontown. In a way it would almost fuse Tomarrowland and Toontown to gether in a whole new way, I am not saying that they are one area its just a cooler area transition. The cafe right across would be like Tomarrowland the speedway like toontown a cool area transition. Besides people didnt we used to talk about updated and or expanding toontown? I dont mean to take away from tommarrowland or anything thats my favorite area.

P.S. Remember this was my idea ok.

Epcot82Guy

Videoteck said:
P.S. Remember this was my idea ok.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but talk of a Cars overlay for the Autopia/Speedway/etc. has been floating around for quite a time, now. This is mostly for DL's Autopia rather than Speedway, but I can't give you originality. HOWEVER, if you didn't know that, great thinking! Literally in line with the imagineer's thoughts.

disnyfan89

Epcot82Guy said:
I really hope WDW gets a version of this system at some point. My own thoughts... IMAG. Would be the perfect way to re-create and update the system (but look for that idea in the Imagineering forum soon).

IMAG

???????????????

JEDIsney

Epcot82Guy said:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but talk of a Cars overlay for the Autopia/Speedway/etc. has been floating around for quite a time, now. This is mostly for DL's Autopia rather than Speedway, but I can't give you originality. HOWEVER, if you didn't know that, great thinking! Literally in line with the imagineer's thoughts.

You beat me to it, and you said it perfectly.

CThaddeus

Why bother linking the Speedway with Toontown? All they really have to do is just change the maps to read that it is now a part of Fantasyland. Problem solved, and it only costs them the man hours needed to retype the information and change the color coding on the maps (and I suppose any signs that might say Tomorrowland Grand Prix Speedway). Then, they could also turn it into a Pixar attraction at some later point and it would still fit perfectly with the Fantasyland theme.

Videoteck

Original Poster
Epcot82Guy said:

Thx lol.

brkgnews

I may get drummed out of the service for saying this... but I wouldn't mind a Cars-based speedway. It honestly makes perfect sense, given that McQueen is a racecar. As for the tomorrowland theming concerns, it doesn't really bother me that much to change out the speedway theming. Don't know why, but it doesn't. Maybe because I never really understood how the racetrack fit into tomorrowland anyway? :lookaroun

Epcot82Guy

disnyfan89 said:
IMAG

???????????????

Note sure which is the question...
What I was saying?
I would love to see the TDL Pooh system go into a re-vamped Journey into Imagination.
What is IMAG?
Abbreviation for Imagination!

kaos

you mean you want to see something like the CARS overlay that was done at DL a few years ago????

Yeah... it was pretty crappy.:fork:

kaos

The CARS overlay reminds me of when ITTBAB opened in AK LONG beforea Bug's Life hit theaters....

:brick:

disnyfan89

kaos said:
you mean you want to see something like the CARS overlay that was done at DL a few years ago????

Yeah... it was pretty crappy.:fork:
You do realize that the cars in DL are based on the rides sponsor Chevron! In case you don't remember Chevron had a huge marketing campain with talking cars. You could even buy toys of them.

pax_65

oochr1soo said:
I think a Cars 3d ride like Spiderman would be awesome!

I totally agree! I can't believe WDW hasn't adopted this technology for use in their parks somewhere. Is it because they don't own the patents for it or something? It's annoying that Universal has had this great ride for years and Disney still doesn't have anything like it.

MeTa

brkgnews said:
I may get drummed out of the service for saying this... but I wouldn't mind a Cars-based speedway. It honestly makes perfect sense, given that McQueen is a racecar. As for the tomorrowland theming concerns, it doesn't really bother me that much to change out the speedway theming. Don't know why, but it doesn't. Maybe because I never really understood how the racetrack fit into tomorrowland anyway? :lookaroun

It would make perfect sense because it fits the look, but you are right about one thing, why is a racetrack in tomorrowland. If it was gonna fit the cars would need to be floating or something.

MickeyTigg

Of all the Disney/Pixar movies....this is the least deserving of an attraction. By Pixar terms...this movie is not going to do that well.

The Incredibles deserves and attraction before this movie.

The animation looks great but there is no compelling story....at least no evidence of one in what we've seen so far.

Usually the trailers/teasers draw me into wanting to see a movie...this one ain't doing it.

I'll go see it because it's Disney/Pixar but it's not doing anything for me so far.

kaos

disnyfan89 said:
You do realize that the cars in DL are based on the rides sponsor Chevron! In case you don't remember Chevron had a huge marketing campain with talking cars. You could even buy toys of them.

Actually, didn't realize that. Keep in mind that Chevron isn't exactly in all the major cities. But thanks for pointing that out.

pax_65

TiggerRPh said:
Of all the Disney/Pixar movies....this is the least deserving of an attraction. By Pixar terms...this movie is not going to do that well.

Wow... it's WAY too early to say that. The animation looks very cool and there's a really good buzz about the movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom