The possiblity of a "cars" ride...

aim

Videoteck said:
Ive been thinking this over and it seems logical, I think that they will be making a "cars" ride eventually. Anyways like I said just a "cars" ride, but possibley they wont start from scratch. Think about it what ride hasnt been in rehab in a long time and involves "cars" TOMARROWLAND SPEEDWAY! This is my prediction...they turn the speedway into the "cars" theme. I mean really the speedways right next to Toontown it would look good, what do you think, and what are your ideas?

Not gonna happen. Speedway is sponsored by the Indy Racing League...not Pixar

bferrara16

not sure if this is a new idea (i tried searching, but didn't see anything) and I'm not even sure if I would want it to actually occur... but having just seen Cars, I could definitely see an overlay of the story into Test Track moreso than Tomorrowland's Indy Speedway...

just to be clear, this isn't a rumor I'm trying to spread or anything. just throwing the idea out there that if one were so inclined to convert Test Track into a Cars theme, it would be very easily achieved without any major changes to the ride track, etc.

thoughts?

Plutoboy

I don't see a Cars overlay going into Test Track working at all!! Granted I have not seen the movie yet.... probably tomorrow but I see it being worked into the Tomorrowland Speedway and Autopia in DL. Besides if rumors are true.... Honda is going to be the next sponsor of TT so I don't know how that would go over with them.

bferrara16

Plutoboy said:
I don't see a Cars overlay going into Test Track working at all!! Granted I have not seen the movie yet.... probably tomorrow but I see it being worked into the Tomorrowland Speedway and Autopia in DL. Besides if rumors are true.... Honda is going to be the next sponsor of TT so I don't know how that would go over with them.

All real-world issues aside (Honda sponsorship, logistics, necessity, etc), I was thinking as I watched the movie that the major plot points could fit nicely into the sections of the ride. I won't get into further detail for fear of spoiling the movie, but if you see it, you may see what I mean. (Each individual Car would be Lightning, and I suppose we would just be riding along...).

erasure fan1

I dont think test track needs a movie tie in theme and I hope they wouldnt do it. I guess it could work It just wouldnt sit well with me. If they put it in the speedway I hope they just dont add the "Cars" to the ride. I would hope they would make a whole new ride.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Lets not forget the undeveloped area behind Poohs Playful Spot that borders toon town. Since there are no major attractions in Toon Town besides the character houses, tent, and kiddie coaster, I could see Toon Town easily becoming Pixarville. I dont see such a blatent encroachment into Tomorrowland with the Pixar Cars theme happening.

brertigger

I REALLY hope they do not add a Cars theme to Test Track.
Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie, but I don't think Test Track should have any type of movie tie-in. It is fine the way it is.

The Tomorrowland Speedway on the other hand, could use an update. I could see a Cars tie-in there. It would be cool if they'd add the offroad track, like at DL.

CThaddeus

I'd like them to tie Cars in with Lights, Motors, Action instead. If they add more humor and plot to that show, it might be worth seeing again. As it stands now, I can't imagine ever watching LMA again.

bferrara16

brertigger said:
I REALLY hope they do not add a Cars theme to Test Track.
Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie, but I don't think Test Track should have any type of movie tie-in. It is fine the way it is.

I totally agree with you... I wouldn't want to see Test Track changed. I guess I just brought the point up because I've heard a lot of people mention the Speedway overhaul and thought it would be fun to think of other possibilities - then, as I was watching the movie, I thought of TT and how it would fit in well. More of a "what if" scenario. As in, what if TT never existed to begin with, but pretty much the same ride was built instead from day 1 with a Cars theme. If that were the case, I think it would work. As it is today, I just hope we get a brand new Cars ride at some point, without having to tear down or replace anything. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom