The point in a trip I get depressed...

sublimesting

Original Poster
We get a bit depressed when leaving. I decided the problem is we dont go enough. When you only go once a year, its a bit of a wait and you know that you wont be back very soon. Im bumping things up to twice a year, one week long and another 4 day:)

That's us too. We only go once a year but won't be back until 2012 at the earliest.:cry::cry::cry:

Mukta

Anyone else get a little sad when they realize they've reached the halfway point or so and review thei itinerary and realize that the next visit to a particular park will be the last visit to that park for that trip?
Yes! I know exactly what you mean. Especially if I am leaving Epcot or DHS knowing I won't see them again on this trip.:cry:

My trip is still over 30 days away and I am worried about the end of it. That is why I am trying to finagle another trip ASAP.

disfan411

I get sad when they post your disney magical express information on your resort door cause you know that the next day you will be going. Then there is that long walk down main street when you know you are leaving. I always go to magic kingdom my last day so i turn and wave after that walk down main street. then it really hits when i get off the plane and realize i was just at disney wierd now im here. But then you always get excited to plan your next trip. I hope a recent one lol

coltow

The day before we go home is the worst. Knowing that the next day we go home and back to the real world. This time will be especially hard becuase we will not be going in 2010 so we know it will be at least 2 years before we go back.

Wilt Dasney

I don't get it...

I'm happy going, being, leaving and thinking about. :shrug:

You could save yourself a lot of travel expenses if you're just as happy daydreaming about the place as being there. :lookaroun

In all seriousness...I'm guessing your past experiences have endowed you a view that says to enjoy every breath and find the best in every moment? :shrug:

For most people, the realities of day-to-day life are painted with a much duller palette than their "fun" times, so I can understand a little regret on leaving. (Especially if you're not only leaving Disney, but an unbroken string of 70-odd degree days in southern California for the sauna that is summer in the Deep South...just as a hypothetical example.) :lookaroun

DisneysRedHead

I get sad when I leave for sure, but I don't think I get depressed until about a week or so after when I've finished riding my disney high.

Then I start bugging people about when we are going back :ROFLOL:

EPCOTPluto

You know, one time I truly was depressed is when I was contracted with a severe heat rash in the netheregions one night. :eek:

Boy, was the trip back to Pop Century rather painful. :lookaroun

The next day, I stopped wearing those swim-suit pants and used cooler, more open khaki pants.

And don't get me started with wearing flat sandals to the July 4th trip this year. :brick: Never again!

The day before we go home is the worst. Knowing that the next day we go home and back to the real world. This time will be especially hard becuase we will not be going in 2010 so we know it will be at least 2 years before we go back.
:cry::cry::cry:

Us too! We won't be back for at least 2 years. I promised to go out west next summer and when Harry Potter opens at Universal I would like to see it.

disneygirl1

For me it's when I know I am in the Magic Kingdom for the last time during my trip! I get so sad and cry everytime I watch Wishes :cry:

CastleBound

I hate getting that thought in my head halfway through my trip. (OMG were already halfway through!!! slooooow downnn) It definitely sucks, but at least there is that much more to look forward to. The worst though is leaving the park, I absolutely feel depressed. Taking that long bus ride back to the hotel only to get on another bus to the airport.

crashnuke

You know, one time I truly was depressed is when I was contracted with a severe heat rash in the netheregions one night. :eek:

Boy, was the trip back to Pop Century rather painful. :lookaroun

The next day, I stopped wearing those swim-suit pants and used cooler, more open khaki pants.

And don't get me started with wearing flat sandals to the July 4th trip this year. :brick: Never again!

I know exactly what you mean. I have to carry around a little bottle of taint lotion with me through the parks and I apply generously about 3 times a day. :veryconfu

hellotim

Anyone else get a little sad when they realize they've reached the halfway point or so and review thei itinerary and realize that the next visit to a particular park will be the last visit to that park for that trip?

It bums me out. When I start I go to each park about 4 times whether for full or half days. At the start of the trip you think "Oh man I have so much time, I'm gonna ride this and that multiple times and come back again and again!" Then one day it's like "Well, here you are one more ride for each."

We live in the UK and visiting WDW costs so much we never know if we will come back. It's only our 3rd trip this year. Determined to come back again, but you never know, so leaving each park for the last time is sad.

We always try and start the vacation in MK and finish in MK on the last full day. Last time it hit me as I looked back from the ferry as we crossed the lake to the car park.

However many of the comments posted here are insprational to me. You are all so right, why get sad when you are in the happiest place on earth. This year I am going to leave my tears until I land in in the soggy UK! :animwink:

sarabi

I get super sad when I'm seeing the Tree of Life for the last time which is usually the second to last day of our trip (MK is the last day). That park (DAK) feels like home to me and leaving it is sad.

Cmdr_Crimson

You get all excited about your first day out and when comes to an end...Then you realize your a day less of the magic and reality will come back...Good thing I'll be there for 11 days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom