The perfect idea for Discovery Island.

Metallica_Band

Original Poster
There is something that I miss a lot at Disney. The clubbing. Nothing like exploring the parks during the day and finishing up the night with some drinks and dancing.

But nooOOoooo.....they had to kill the nightlife with more shops and places to eat. :hurl:

So *I* say to Disney:
1. Bulldoze the remnants of Discovery Island
2. Build a massive Pleasure Island complex complete with clubs of all genre's, restaurants, and maybe some nightly fireworks
3. :confused: :shrug: :confused:
4. Profit!!!

After the parks close, I still find myself with tons of energy.

Does anyone else miss the clubs as much as I do? Even though I'm quite sure this would only happen in my dreams, would you think it would be profitable for Disney?

Figment632

There is a need for more night life but Disney and clubs don't really mix well PI didn't work the first time around why would it work now?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There is a need for more night life but Disney and clubs don't really mix well PI didn't work the first time around why would it work now?
It would have worked if they`d have wanted it to.

As for DI, a real island, sunshine and alchohol wouldn`t mix. Add tourists and it`d be asking for trouble (and a lot of lifeguards)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
About the only thing I see as viable for DI given its size location and logistics of being an island is a small, possibly uber-deluxe resort.

wdwmemories

Given that the only way to DI is via boat, there aren't many mass-appeal options.

I just don't think the 'club' scene fits with the Disney image. I liked PI, but I don't think we will see its return in a different form.

Just my 2 cents :wave:

drossjr

:brick:It didnt work the first time what makes you think it will work this time? Just because its in a different more secluded spot? Too many risks for people jumping into bay lake and drowning, and nothing like getting on a boat full of drunks.

:hammer:

Figment632

:brick:It didnt work the first time what makes you think it will work this time? Just because its in a different more secluded spot? Too many risks for people jumping into bay lake and drowning, and nothing like getting on a boat full of drunks.

:hammer:

I didn't even think of that?

Metallica_Band

Original Poster
Hmmmm.....then build a castle. A castle on an island. connect the island via a drawbridge that lifts up at closing. And stick a big wooden sign in the ground right before the drawbridge saying "Beware Of Tick-Tock". :ROFLOL:

We need SOMETHING for the late nightlife. Are there even any clubs in Orlando? What else does Disney offer?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Hmmmm.....then build a castle. A castle on an island. connect the island via a drawbridge that lifts up at closing. And stick a big wooden sign in the ground right before the drawbridge saying "Beware Of Tick-Tock". :ROFLOL:

We need SOMETHING for the late nightlife. Are there even any clubs in Orlando? What else does Disney offer?
Jellyrolls, Rix, the Atlantic Dance company, Yea Haw Bob, Ragaln Rd, Bongo's, Paradiso 37 , and on occasion House of Blues.

KDAC

There is also Universal City Walk Orlando.

harryk

:xmas:It was great as the bird sanctuary when it was in operation.

Yes - Animal Kingdom has 'Flights of Wonder' and small enclosed areas to see birds - but DI was wonderful.

Bring it back - it would not take anything away from AK and move the turtles back (they are very difficult to see at AK and the last few visits I found their location but could not see them).

They fixed something which did not need fixing.:xmas:

trr1

a taxi ride to Universal's City Walk
http://www.orlandowelcomecenter.com/city-walk.htm

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
What I mean is that PI was in the way in DTD to get around it there was on small path if DIsney fixed that it would have helped.
And what I meant was the grand plan to better intergrate PI into DTD as the latter grew around it was scrapped in favour of having 3rd parties pay for more of the same :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom