The perfect idea for Discovery Island.

glee

Bring back Megastores. :cry: :cry: :cry:

It positively sucks now. I love the surf shops they have actually...But thats about it. The clubs look like they are pathetic older people who cant grow up. sorry...:shrug:

drossjr

:hammer:
Hmmmm.....then build a castle. A castle on an island. connect the island via a drawbridge that lifts up at closing. And stick a big wooden sign in the ground right before the drawbridge saying "Beware Of Tick-Tock". :ROFLOL:

Yes lets build another castle? Who shall we say resides in this castle? Nothing like a castle in front of another castle!!! And man that drawbridge would be mightly long not sure how much engineering that would take and nothing like a long stroll over a wooded bridge after drinking and being up all night! :hammer:

MagicMegan

Hmmmm.....then build a castle. A castle on an island. connect the island via a drawbridge that lifts up at closing. And stick a big wooden sign in the ground right before the drawbridge saying "Beware Of Tick-Tock". :ROFLOL:

We need SOMETHING for the late nightlife. Are there even any clubs in Orlando? What else does Disney offer?

There are clubs in ORLANDO, but not Disney.
I've taken to just doing WS or the resort bar if I want a drink.

Buried20KLeague

Bring back Megastores. :cry: :cry: :cry:

It positively sucks now. I love the surf shops they have actually...But thats about it. The clubs look like they are pathetic older people who cant grow up. sorry...:shrug:

Wait till you're one of those pathetic older people who CHOOSE not to grow up... And are looking for somewhere to have some adult fun while you're on VACATION... After the parks close... Only to find EXTREMELY limited options.

MagicMegan

Ok, I remember being told somewhere that PI was going to be brought back once they figured oiut a way to make it "family-oriented" during the day. Was this information mistaken? :/

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There are clubs in ORLANDO, but not Disney.
I've taken to just doing WS or the resort bar if I want a drink.
There are clubs in Disney....just not many of them.

Jelly Rolls is my favorite place! But if I'm not staying over on that circle of resorts, there's really no way for me to go to it.
It is about a $15 cab ride from anywhere on property.

Ok, I remember being told somewhere that PI was going to be brought back once they figured oiut a way to make it "family-oriented" during the day. Was this information mistaken? :/
Yes it was. PI is dead.

StageFrenzy

Pirate themed restaurant, have the boat look like a mini pirate ship. Call it smugglers cove and it will be printing money in no time.

rkelly42

What is Discovery Island's name now? Did they keep it the same even though AK has taken the name or did it revert back to riles island or whatever it was called.

Metallica_Band

Original Poster
Easy,

Disney music with characters for the kids to dance with. Various Disney named lemonade/sodas. Contests to win Disney kid prizes. It'd be a place to go to for the kids to dance, collect more autographs, and maybe stick a small theater (big TV with small chairs) with Disney movies when the kids get tired of dancing or just want to watch a movie.

The adults can sit at the bars (which don't serve alcohol until night time) and drink, can dance with their kids, and just sit and rest.

Night time come and it's party time for the adults.

How's that? Problem solved.

glee

Wait till you're one of those pathetic older people who CHOOSE not to grow up... And are looking for somewhere to have some adult fun while you're on VACATION... After the parks close... Only to find EXTREMELY limited options.

I know when to grow up thanks and being round middle aged drunk people isnt really my scene. :rolleyes:

Stop attacking me for christs sake! Im not having a dig at anyone personally. Its my opinion get over it. I cant believe your vain enough to think you can change it.

MagicMegan

I know when to grow up thanks and being round middle aged drunk people isnt really my scene. :rolleyes:

Stop attacking me for christs sake! Im not having a dig at anyone personally. Its my opinion get over it. I cant believe your vain enough to think you can change it.

I really don't think they were trying to attack you. They were pretty much saying what the point to this thread is...

There aren't many places for adults to go for "adult night life fun".

And don't get so defensive... I don't see anywhere in that post where they attacked you or called you vain.

Buried20KLeague

Where did I say I was trying to change your opinion? Am I not also allowed to share mine? :rolleyes:

And thinking I could change your opinion wouldn't make me "vain".

You know when to grow up? And when exactly is that?? I'd like to know, because thus far, I've chosen not to... And truthfully I don't really see it in my near future. And hopefully not in my long-term future either.

A couple quick facts for you:

1. Being over 21 doesn't make you "middle-aged".
2. You don't have to drink to get drunk and act like a fool. It's possible to have a couple drinks, meet new people, and have intelligent conversation. It's something I enjoy, and I'm not happy about the fact that the options to do as such on Disney property have been greatly reduced (namely the Adventurer's Club).

glee

Where did I say I was trying to change your opinion? Am I not also allowed to share mine? :rolleyes:

And thinking I could change your opinion wouldn't make me "vain".

You know when to grow up? And when exactly is that?? I'd like to know, because thus far, I've chosen not to... And truthfully I don't really see it in my near future. And hopefully not in my long-term future either.

A couple quick facts for you:

1. Being over 21 doesn't make you "middle-aged".
2. You don't have to drink to get drunk and act like a fool. It's possible to have a couple drinks, meet new people, and have intelligent conversation. It's something I enjoy, and I'm not happy about the fact that the options to do as such on Disney property have been greatly reduced (namely the Adventurer's Club).

Did i say being over 21 makes you middle aged? NO!

What im saying is i dont want to hang around at a club that middle aged people go. Watching 40 plus people dance isnt my thing and thats what discovery islands like. I didnt say getting drunk always makes you look like a fool but the majority of times ive been people are acting like fools!:rolleyes::hammer::brick:

You people bore me clearly starting arguments. Dont like what i said? Ignore it!

Buried20KLeague

Did i say being over 21 makes you middle aged? NO!

What im saying is i dont want to hang around at a club that middle aged people go. Watching 40 plus people dance isnt my thing and thats what discovery islands like. I didnt say getting drunk always makes you look like a fool but the majority of times ive been people are acting like fools!:rolleyes::hammer::brick:

You people bore me clearly starting arguments. Dont like what i said? Ignore it!

Good idea. Done.

I bet I'm not the only one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom