The perfect idea for Discovery Island.

pcarathers

why not clear off all of the old water slides, bldgs. etc. and make a huge pavillion and host a character meal there??? or have several different pavillions there where people can rent them to hold a private party or reception and maybe have a couple of characters "drop" in on the party!!?

another idea would be clear it off and make it a "marina" spot where you can rent mouseboats,or instead of having to go to one of the deluxe resorts to parasail and/or do fishing excursions, water ski.... do it from there!

another idea, move the Swiss Family Treehouse to it!!! they were shipwrecked on an island, why not put the tree house on the island!!!!!

just my opinions/ideas....

DisneyLeo18

As much as I wish Disney added more places on property, I know they already have a few (mainly at the boardwalk). Last year I stayed at the Yacht Club so it was pretty convenient. Also having the ESPN club and the bar by the pool to chill out and relax after being out all day is great.

I'm more upset that I never really experienced PI after turning 21.:(

mrerk

Premium Member
About the only thing I see as viable for DI given its size location and logistics of being an island is a small, possibly uber-deluxe resort.

That was one of the rumors I heard way back when. A kind of honeymoon island with 6-8 private cottages. Sort of like Turtle Island in Fiji.

Mr.EPCOT

Did i say being over 21 makes you middle aged? NO!

What im saying is i dont want to hang around at a club that middle aged people go. Watching 40 plus people dance isnt my thing and thats what discovery islands like. I didnt say getting drunk always makes you look like a fool but the majority of times ive been people are acting like fools!:rolleyes::hammer::brick:

You people bore me clearly starting arguments. Dont like what i said? Ignore it!

Maybe Discovery Island was a little bit more of a mature offering, but I kind of doubt that there were very many 40-plus people dancing there. That'd be kind of weird. :shrug:

Now, if it's Pleasure Island you're talking about, there were actually several more clubs than just 8TRAX. It's a shame that you didn't get to go to any of them.

KevinFlynn

What is everyone's obsession with Discovery Island? It's seriously not viable for anything. It's in the middle of Bay Lake with no parking, basically no transportation and no infrastructure.

trr1

What is everyone's obsession with Discovery Island? It's seriously not viable for anything. It's in the middle of Bay Lake with no parking, basically no transportation and no infrastructure.
how about turning it into a nudest resort for newlyweds
remember men to apply that sunblock to the neither regions
every hour or you will burn:ROFLOL:

StageFrenzy

Your wondering why people are obsessed about an island in close proximity of MK, see threads about: EPCOT, SSE, Horizons, Figment, Dinning, or any other thread involved with Disney World.

KevinFlynn

Your wondering why people are obsessed about an island in close proximity of MK, see threads about: EPCOT, SSE, Horizons, Figment, Dinning, or any other thread involved with Disney World.

Eh, huge difference. All of them are great classics. DI was never anything important, nor will it be.

It's just a really random thing that seems to have a thread once a month.

MarkTwain

Eh, huge difference. All of them are great classics. DI was never anything important, nor will it be.

It's just a really random thing that seems to have a thread once a month.

Apparently Walt Disney thought otherwise. I've read from several sources (this being one of them) that when Walt was flying over the swamps of central Florida all those years ago, scoping the state for the perfect place for his vacation kingdom, that it was that little island in the middle of the lake that really captured his interest. One can only imagine what ideas were running through his head about such an interesting geographical feature.

Here's an idea for what could be done with Discovery Island... back in the early concept stages for Disneyland, when the Rivers of America were designed, it was noted that the shape of the river created an island in the middle. One of the ideas Walt had for this place was to turn it into the "real" Treasure Island, as depicted by Robert Louis Stevenson. Of course, the idea that was eventually settled upon was Tom Sawyer Island, based on a different classic novel by a certain American author. :animwink:

That said, I think the Treasure Island idea has a lot of potential, and could be easily revisited, especially in Disney's current pirate craze. In fact, Discovery Island was even named Treasure Island for a while, but the theme was hardly deeper than its title. I think Disney ought to take advantage of the island's many trails and create a sort of island treasure hunt attraction, featuring treasure maps, clues, special effects. etc. Sort of a Kim Possible-meets-Pirates Lair on Tom Sawyer's Island. Add a Tortuga-styled port area, with some shopping and dining, and maybe a Pirate ship character restaurant, and you would have a very interesting WDW attraction for an off-day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom