The only way Disney can beat Harry Potter

jl3283

Original Poster
Is to build a whole area for star wars. There's area behind star wars section of DHS. If they went all out and added a new coaster, family ride, scenery, food and drink. It can be done. From what I'm told by a very good source, this is a very real possibility ;-)

(After George Lucas rode The Forbidden Journey, he immediately called Disney and asked why his ride wasn't as cool)

Which makes us wonder.....

Tom Morrow

There is no room behind Star Tours without completely re-doing and moving the main entrance parking plaza (which they might as well do since barely anyone uses that entrance).

Bloopers

Yea, and I wanna' know what, exactly, qualifies anybody as a "reliable source" these days, anyway...?
Sorry, but, ex bus drivers, brothers, ex girl friends don't count...

Merely cast members that work at Disney aren't even considered a reliable source. It has to be people on the imagineering team of some sort, IMO.

But yeah... The Forbidden Journey is pretty great...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
There is no room behind Star Tours without completely re-doing and moving the main entrance parking plaza (which they might as well do since barely anyone uses that entrance).
I, as well as others, have drawn up plans showing exactly how this could be accomplished. The moving of roads is done all the time in the real world.

G00fyDad

In before the lock.

Its amusing how some people start entirely new threads about a subject that has been beaten to death in other threads already. I might go start a thread on the pros and cons of strollers.

Timekeeper

beat_dead_horse2.jpg

GeorgiaPinesRJB

At least the soundtrack would be cool.

Veering off topic BUT... I love those Sherlcok Holmes movies! Seeing Don Giovanni (my favorite opera, and that's a hard list to compile) being featured both as a plot device but having the music featured in the SH themes...that was great! Okay, carry on

Timekeeper

Why does it have to be a competition of which is better? Enjoy each park for what it is respectively. Disney has record profits and Universal seems to be doing quite well too.

I absolutely agree. I don't care about attendance, profit, awards, etc. I just care about what it is that I'm paying so much for - an enjoyable experience. At the end of the day, it's this competition that drives the creation of such wonderful attractions. There doesn't have to be a winner or a loser. I usually hold passes to both parks simultaneously, so when it comes to acquiring my business as a paying customer, they both win. And when they compete with each other when creating new attractions and experiences, we - the guests - win.

Timekeeper

I think that the OP's mention of Harry Potter distracted from what maybe ought to be the focal point of the thought - expanding the Star Wars area. I think it's a wonderful idea, and it makes more sense now than it ever did before; regardless of what it would be viewed as "competing" with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom