Currently….
E6CC3281-B9F6-457B-8DB4-E9FB60FFA849.jpeg

More later.

I think it might rain. Imagine that☔😞

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
What a fun meet-up! @Darstarr , you hit the trifecta -- Tuvalu, Em, and Nunu! :happy:
I certainly did! @Nunu was one of my first meet ups back in the day. We even met up at a rest stop on the turnpike one time when we were leaving and they were arriving.
It was wonderful to see my friend, @Tuvalu again. Meeting @TrolleyFollower91 was the icing on the cake. Or in my case, the floater in the margarita😎

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
So what did we do yesterday…
I woke early to get a BG for GotG. I set it up and I still had 15 minutes so I showered. When I got out I grabbed my phone and checked that my party was correct then sat waiting until 7:00 with my thumb hovering over the refresh button. I hit the button at 7:00.
Then it said party not eligible. Huh?
I backed out and tried again thinking A)it’s already too late and B)but if everyone else is getting this message maybe it isnt too late
I figured it out, and yes it was too late, the app had defaulted us to MK. Why? Our park passes are for Epcot. Why did the app have us trying for a Tron VQ??
No biggie I thought as I know the 1:00 drop has been lasting a long time. Sometimes hours.
Instead I went onto the free genie+ the front desk had given us for our problems the night before. Aaaaand, no G+.
To the front desk I go. And wait. And wait. There was a woman with a MK map and the front desk CM was explaining
EVERY
SINGLE
RIDE
to her. Has she heard of google?
Now its 7:15. I explain what transpired the night before and their promise of free Genie+. It takes a bit to make it happen. I go to book Remy and its showing 2:30. Perfect. I confirm and the time has jumped to 5-6.
Screaming Season 5 GIF by Broad City

Why does it do that??

While I had been waiting I ordered breakfast. I walked next door to get it and the info had disappeared from MDE. Instead I had a message saying “you didnt show up but you are being charged anyway”.
Screen shots are my friend. I went to the pickup window and was able to get our breakfast.

Next was the bus to Epcot. We got on line at 7:37 and there was no time posted for the next bus. Finally the time of 8:09 popped up. That is at least 32 minutes and that is not acceptable. I saw someone from transportation and explained. He got a bus there in 5 minutes. Newbs at the values dont know how to do Disney.

Smooth sailing from there.
Soarin’
LwtL
Nemo
Aquarium
TT single rider
IMG_9516.jpeg

Met up with some dear friends
IMG_9517.jpeg

Met up with another dear friend😂
Mooseheads and poutine in Canada.
IMG_9520.jpeg

IMG_9521.jpeg

And so on and so forth😂

slipperalwaysfits

I'm reading two trip reports at once! :geek:
One of my favorite hidden Mickeys!
Details like this (and being able to look at animals) are why the AK is our home resort.
This giraffe was sitting. Our guide said that it was rare for them to sit. If I think about it, I do not believe I have ever seen a giraffe sit.
I don't think I've ever seen them sit, either. I can imagine it's difficult to get up with those long legs!
We had amazing seats. I saved a ton on our room and the flight was cheap so I splurged on the seats. Behind home plate
Worth it. 100%. Even if it's not a great stadium, it's still a great experience to cheer on your team with your son!!
Violet sake??
OMG. I had this on our last trip and it was soooo good!
Next was the bus to Epcot. We got on line at 7:37 and there was no time posted for the next bus. Finally the time of 8:09 popped up. That is at least 32 minutes and that is not acceptable. I saw someone from transportation and explained. He got a bus there in 5 minutes. Newbs at the values dont know how to do Disney.
Well, we were too poor to buy DVC on our first few trips but luckily, hubby wasn't a NEWB, so although we stayed at the values, he made sure we never waited too long for a bus, too!

lindawdw

So what did we do yesterday…
I woke early to get a BG for GotG. I set it up and I still had 15 minutes so I showered. When I got out I grabbed my phone and checked that my party was correct then sat waiting until 7:00 with my thumb hovering over the refresh button. I hit the button at 7:00.
Then it said party not eligible. Huh?
I backed out and tried again thinking A)it’s already too late and B)but if everyone else is getting this message maybe it isnt too late
I figured it out, and yes it was too late, the app had defaulted us to MK. Why? Our park passes are for Epcot. Why did the app have us trying for a Tron VQ??
No biggie I thought as I know the 1:00 drop has been lasting a long time. Sometimes hours.
Instead I went onto the free genie+ the front desk had given us for our problems the night before. Aaaaand, no G+.
To the front desk I go. And wait. And wait. There was a woman with a MK map and the front desk CM was explaining
EVERY
SINGLE
RIDE
to her. Has she heard of google?
Now its 7:15. I explain what transpired the night before and their promise of free Genie+. It takes a bit to make it happen. I go to book Remy and its showing 2:30. Perfect. I confirm and the time has jumped to 5-6.
Screaming Season 5 GIF by Broad City

Why does it do that??

While I had been waiting I ordered breakfast. I walked next door to get it and the info had disappeared from MDE. Instead I had a message saying “you didnt show up but you are being charged anyway”.
Screen shots are my friend. I went to the pickup window and was able to get our breakfast.

Smooth sailing from there.
Soarin’
LwtL
Nemo
Aquarium
TT single rider
View attachment 719371

Met up with some dear friends
View attachment 719372

Met up with another dear friend😂
Mooseheads and poutine in Canada.
View attachment 719373
View attachment 719374

And so on and so forth😂
I am literally laughing out loud reading your post!! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 You just can't make this stuff up that happens on the MDE app! Glad you got to have so many meet-ups on this trip! I so enjoyed following along and hope to meet up with you again on a future WDW trip!

joshsprincess921

We really had such a good time. She is so much like me it was very easy.
I will look for ghost in the machine this weekend😉
This one right?

Not this one…

😂
Parish Brewing Co is about an hour and half from my house. They have some good beers.

Also, as a Louisiana native, I can say that gumbo had a really nice color. I'm kind of surprised because most gumbos I've seen outside of Louisiana do not look like gumbo (at least the gumbo you find here).

rshell68

( to be honest I could not go back tomorrow to that stadium. It is worse than people say it is. I felt like we were in a high school gymnasium…underground! Bad)
Not a Toilet Bowl fan either. Mets were playing there at the end of Spring Training and hubs was trying to make my son and I go. Yup, no thanks! Not worth the drive.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I'm reading two trip reports at once! :geek:

Details like this (and being able to look at animals) are why the AK is our home resort.

I don't think I've ever seen them sit, either. I can imagine it's difficult to get up with those long legs!

Worth it. 100%. Even if it's not a great stadium, it's still a great experience to cheer on your team with your son!!

OMG. I had this on our last trip and it was soooo good!

Well, we were too poor to buy DVC on our first few trips but luckily, hubby wasn't a NEWB, so although we stayed at the values, he made sure we never waited too long for a bus, too!
We always stayed at the values when the kids were little. The rooms are small but the resorts have so much energy (ie, so many kids running around).

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Remember when tv shows had crossover episodes from one show to another?

That’s is what the trip reports board feels like right now!!!

Wish I could have been there
Thank for thinking about me and saving me a spot!

Max
I do remember that. Some still do, like NCIS series. But I only watch the LA version so I am so confused as to what is happening.
You were missed. Btw, 9000 said you are cool AF!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I am literally laughing out loud reading your post!! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 You just can't make this stuff up that happens on the MDE app! Glad you got to have so many meet-ups on this trip! I so enjoyed following along and hope to meet up with you again on a future WDW trip!
You were the missing piece.
X of course was not happy with the meet ups. Stranger Danger he says. You have met some of them before I say, not a stranger!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Parish Brewing Co is about an hour and half from my house. They have some good beers.

Also, as a Louisiana native, I can say that gumbo had a really nice color. I'm kind of surprised because most gumbos I've seen outside of Louisiana do not look like gumbo (at least the gumbo you find here).
The gumbo was good. I had another bowl the other day. But, I forgot to get the beer. Rats. I will need to go back😂

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
After poutine and Moosehead we had margaritas and the three amigos, er Caballeros in Mexico.
The Lily for me❤️
IMG_9525.jpeg

Then we had something from Norway. They were out of the Aass Pilsner so I got the cranberry vanilla slushie drink.
IMG_9528.jpeg

Then we walked around the China pavillion looking at the zodiac animals and seeing what animal our loved ones are.
X was the rabbit.
IMG_9533.jpeg

We had dumplings and cream cheese wontons from the China festival booth. I dislike both. X inhaled it all. 😂 I also got the cherry blossom beer I got last month that I liked so much. 👍
IMG_9535.jpeg

Then it was 1:00
IMG_9534.png

I have no pictures of Germany. We were hungry but I forbade X from getting a pretzel. We got a couple beers and sat on a bench overlooking the now Ursula/taco free lagoon. A couple of cute kids came over and sat right down next to us. Their parents and two more siblings were not far behind. I asked the kids what they had seen and their favorites. Epcot was their first park and none of the children had ever been to wdw. The youngest (maybe 4yo) asked me, “where’s Mickey Mouse?”
“Well, do you want the Disney answer or the real world answer?” The Mom yelled Disney. “He is at Magic Kingdom, I said.”
She told me good answer but they left right after that.

Then Italy:
IMG_9537.jpeg

Fried Ravs and
  • Italian Margarita with Limoncello and Tequila – $12.00

America for gumbo and blackberry moonshine. X had a beer.
IMG_9541.jpeg

IMG_9542.jpeg

Then Japan and a super long line. There was a large group, I counted 26 at this stop, but there were more. They were in green tshirts and celebrating two peoples 21st birthdays. We were stuck behind them in line.
IMG_9544.jpeg

I had wanted a Kirin but I got the violet sake. What is wrong with me? Why havent I ever had this before. It was delicious. Then we meandered up the bridge and past the koi ponds and there is a seating area up there. And a tiny bathroom. You know how I like Disney bathrooms. And it was empty…
IMG_9543.jpeg

But blah.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom