The "ONE" Ride or Attraction You Would Love to See RETURN

Spike-in-Berlin

Enchanted Tiki Room - Under New Management was a complete smorgasbord of great comedic talent and voice over artists. The old show (Tropical Serenade) had a very small crew of performers including Wally Boag, Fulton Burley, Ernie Newton and Thurl Ravenscroft. It was a good show for its time, but its time has long passed and Disney wisely retired the worn out old show.

The new show is nothing short of brilliant! They got rid of Ernie Newton as Pierre which is a plus IMO because Ernie didn’t carry off the role very well. He was replaced with Jerry Orbach who carries off the role perfectly! Wally Boag, Fulton Burley and Thurl Ravenscroft repeat their roles and then we are treated to the comic genius of Don Rickles, Phil Hartman and Gilbert Gotfried. The show is enhanced by the superb acting skills of both Michael Gough and Armelia McQueen.

The original show was very good back in 1963 but was allowed to go rotten on the vine as have so many other classic Disney shows. Fortunately, they finally got around to plusing this attraction with the “Under New Management” show. Let’s hope they bring it back! :wave:

eermmmhhh....you're still kidding. Right?

stewdog1

It is sad that all of mine are from Epcot. It is sad because Epcot used to be the crown jewel of all the parks.

1. Horizons - Remove WoL and build a new version. Update the omni max bits with HD fly throughs and a little more modern interpretations and you got yourself a solid ride that would make many people happy.

2. World of Motion - Pure nostalgia here, but rides like this and Horizon's is what made WDW great.

3. Original JII - Enough said.

montyz81

1. Horizons - Remove WoL and build a new version. Update the omni max bits with HD fly throughs and a little more modern interpretations and you got yourself a solid ride that would make many people happy./QUOTE]

Maybe they can use the "Sum of all Thrills" technology in place of the Omnimax.

Penelope

20,000 Leagues is the one I really miss and wish that they would return. Those subs were so nifty and as a child, I thought we really were going down deep into the water - not sure why they closed it....

What is this "Adventurer's Club" that I see posted? I don't remember it.

TropicalFig8

1. 20,000 Leagues - It looks really neat.
2. Timekeeper - I saw this on Youtube and thought it looked really cool.
3. Kitchen Kabaret - I love this show and the music.
4. Journey into Imagination - Dreamfinder and Figment fan here.
5. Horizons - Enough said. I hate Mission: Space

Skip

KONGfrontation at Universal Studios. Truly their Pirates of the Caribbean in a sense (alongside JAWS & ET). It's a shame it was prone to such mechanical difficulties because this ride was a true, iconic marvel. The panicking guide, the incredible fully-realized New York streets, the massive animatronics, the rider participation... just fantastic.

If we're limited to WDW, my vote goes to Journey into Imagination. Could easily fit into Epcot today and be incredibly well-received by guests. That ride was timeless.

boojovi

Lots of rides and attractions have passed us by throughout the years, but the one I'd just love to see them bring back is SKYWAY across the Magic Kingdom. That was so awsum ( actually a little scarey for me "heights") but so cool!!!!!! Riding above the park, serene,pleasant, and great sights.

When I went on the Keys to the Kingdom tour, I was told by the tour guide that the odds of them have another "Skyway" ride are very slim to none. This is because guest were dropping things off the ride (drinks, trash and spitting) just to see if they could hit the a guest that was walking on the ground.:hammer:

--I know this was not a ride. But I would like the Tarzan show to come back.

Penelope

1. 20,000 Leagues - It looks really neat.
2. Timekeeper - I saw this on Youtube and thought it looked really cool.
3. Kitchen Kabaret - I love this show and the music.
4. Journey into Imagination - Dreamfinder and Figment fan here.
5. Horizons - Enough said. I hate Mission: Space

I forgot about the Kitchen show! I loved that as a young girl! I would enjoy that one again as well.

danpam1024

This...
adventurers_club3.jpg

Nuf said! I change my vote! DH and I were just talking about AC last night and all the other PI clubs :cry:. Although i know I will enjoy and appreciate Hyperion Wharf, I wish the PI from back in the day was still there. So many good memories and a great, safe place to let loose and unwind without kids :animwink:. I do miss it.

danpam1024

When Disney finally puts me in charge of TDO, I'm putting Alien Encounter in DHS next to Tower of Terror, swapping Aerosmith for KISS, and adding a Nightmare Before Christmas darkride and changing that section of the park to a "spooky entertainment" area.

:sohappy: DHS has SO much potential!

rob0519

Well, technically I don't think either of these qualify as an attraction, but what I would like to see come back is the "old" Main Street, with the alcoves that sold cold drinks and fruit and other things rather than the one long store and runs the length of the street. The second thing would be the outstanding selection of cakes and pastries at the Main Street Bakery. The selection today is so incredibly limited and unimaginative.

WorldKey

Well, technically I don't think either of these qualify as an attraction, but what I would like to see come back is the "old" Main Street, with the alcoves that sold cold drinks and fruit and other things rather than the one long store and runs the length of the street. The second thing would be the outstanding selection of cakes and pastries at the Main Street Bakery. The selection today is so incredibly limited and unimaginative.

Good points - I miss the old time Arcade too!

Also, votes for Horizons and World of Motion!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom