Trip Report THE ONE FOR MY BIRTHDAY IN MARCH; 3/15-3/20, 2019 *COMPLETE*

It is official. I am old.

Suddenly my back hurts, my eyesight is failing and I cant remember too good. Or is it too well? I cant remember.

A few months ago when my husband Ant asked me what I wanted to do for this milestone birthday (my Grandma told me a lady never reveals her age, but it has a zero at the end) I said, “NO PARTY!” Instead I wanted to be with my family and go to Disney. And that is what I did.

If you have read my previous TR’s you may recognize some of the cast, if not, dont worry. Here is a cheat sheet.

Husband-Ant
Sons: X- 19, AJ-15, Dre-13

Of course what would a trip be without pretrip drama. Ours was brought to us courtesy of AJ’s high school lacrosse coach.
Briefly, AJ decided last year, about the time he broke his foot, that school and homework weren't cool. He lost his way a little bit and is academically ineligible at the moment for sports. However, he has been working hard and his english and math grades are still a bit dismal, but he is above 80 in everything else. His lax coach has been a complete jerk. He is a total and he bullies and picks on the kids relentlessly. (My oldest, X was a saint compared to most boys and he got the full brunt of this tyrant!) The sad thing is, up until a year ago when he retired, he was a dean at the school. His job was to stop the very behavior that he IS.
AJ was a returning varsity player but the coach gave his jersey number to an incoming freshman. But, we were required to buy a “gear package” that was personalized with his number. Luckily we only got the jacket and have not paid for it yet. We will not pay for it if AJ does not get his number. (The freshman? Doesnt even want the number!)
We made our flight for Friday March 15 at 6:00 pm so the kids could go to school and any practice they would have that day. Turns out there was a lax scrimmage that night. But AJ cant play remember. There was also practice the next morning. Ant emails the coach explaining its my birthday, Disney, going to X’s game etc. Coach emails back, “Saturday practice 10-12.” Ugggh
We rebook AJ on a Saturday flight. Get my FIL to help out and line up a ride and place for AJ to sleep etc. Then on Wed before we are set to leave (2 days before) Ant has a chat with the coach about withholding AJ’s number and the trip. Coach says, “take him. I was going to email you right back but I felt stupid.”
So now we had to change AJ’s flight once again. I was happy we were all flying together but what a jerk! Oh and AJ’s number? He didnt want to “reward” him for his behavior. I really hate that man. (BTW: that number had also been X’s number and it had been forced on AJ the year before by the players and the coach. It worked out because all of X’s old sweats and shirts have that number. Hand me downs!)

But on to the good!!

Day 1/ March 15

I opened birthday presents at home

Then we were off to the airport. The HS where the lax scrimmage was being held was on our way so we stopped and watched from the car for a few minutes.

Then we were on our way to Florida!

Fire Island looks so pretty from up here!

I wore my ears on the plane and all the way to the resort. It was my birthday and I was going to celebrate it. Nobody even looked twice.

Funny story. At one point during the flight I was putting on some hand lotion (my old skin dries out so fast😉). It was, of course, some leftover H2O lotion from our February trip. A little girl behind me said to her mom, “Mom! It smells like Disney!” I love it!!!

It took awhile to get the rental car but we were here at last!!!

krisri18

Day 6/March 19

Today I had plans.
Had being the key word.
I woke early to a quiet room. I had planned to rope drop Mickey and Minnie meet and greet. It was his birthday sort of, and my birthday, sort of. I also had a few FP’s for the morning and big plans for the afternoon.
But
It
Was
Pouring!!!!

I lolligagged. I drank tea looking out the slider but did not go on the balcony because, IT WAS POURING!!!

I checked in for my flight for the next morning. I showered. I went down to pay my bill. (Which annoyed the CM because payment posts overnight-ok. But I was tired last night!).

For those of you who have been following my previous adventures you may remember the firework cruise at Christmas. If you havent been following or are forgetful (no shame) here is the recap: Christmas, horrible dvc firework cruise, awesome driver, I ranted to supervisor of dvc about terrible cruise, Driver got in trouble. Dvc supervisor gave us do over cruise in February. Saw Driver who hinted at the fact that she got in trouble for xmas cruise, I wrote an atta girl letter for driver, dvc supervisor called me, I set her straight that Driver never said anything inappropriate about dvc or Disney.

When the boys did the Sea Raycers Sunday I asked for Driver but she was off. I had brought her a gift to try to make up for all the problems I (unintentionally) caused her. This rainy Tuesday was my last shot to give her the gift. The gift was nothing fancy and not exactly what I wanted to give her but....
My boys used to play baseball and Ant was their coach. He is still on the little league board even though none of my boys have played in like forever! The initials of our town are BS. The baseball field sells hats with BS on the front. I thought that would be hilarious to give to Driver because we went through so much BS together. Alas, this years model has the town name fully spelled. No BS humor👎
I had Ant get me 6 so Driver could share with her coworkers.
I went down to the contemporary marina. I had been watching all morning and never did see Driver. The CM I spoke to said Driver was working but she hadn't seen her yet this morning. I left the gift with her and told her to tell Driver it was from the crazy lady from Christmas.

Then I packed up, checked out, put my luggage in my rental and walked to MK
View attachment 361948
See! It is still raining!
View attachment 361949
I spy umbrellas!

View attachment 361950

View attachment 361951

apparently I went straight for this:
View attachment 361952
According to the time stamps I had a dole whip first. Breakfast? Yep!

Then a FP for PoC. Can you see me? I am in front of the guy imitating the ape.
View attachment 361954

Yes, I bailed on Mickey and Minnie because the wait was too long by the time I arrived.

After PoC I did a drive (walk) by haunted mansion to check the wait time. Too long.
I had a SM FP so headed that direction in the rain. I cut to the side of the castle and who do I see??? With only one group in front of me???
I approached them and I started to tell them “I have boys so I never get to do this”, BUT Drizella jumped all over me. “You have boys? Do you collect them? Where do you keep them?” And on and on. She was trying to get Anastasia in on it and before long she jumped in too. Ugggh. I was getting double teamed. They mentioned they wanted to collect boys and I said, “such beautiful princesses such as yourselves? I bet you fight the boys off. “ Finally, silence. Take the blasted picture so I can get out of here with any shred of dignity that I have left. Actually, there are a ton of pictures, of which no one will EVER see! This one is ok.
View attachment 361955

Then I went to my SM FP
View attachment 361953
I still look traumatized from thre Trumane sisters!!!
Noticed you didn't answer their question, where DO you keep them? Lol

fractal

Day 6/March 19

Today I had plans.
Had being the key word.
I woke early to a quiet room. I had planned to rope drop Mickey and Minnie meet and greet. It was his birthday sort of, and my birthday, sort of. I also had a few FP’s for the morning and big plans for the afternoon.
But
It
Was
Pouring!!!!

I lolligagged. I drank tea looking out the slider but did not go on the balcony because, IT WAS POURING!!!

I checked in for my flight for the next morning. I showered. I went down to pay my bill. (Which annoyed the CM because payment posts overnight-ok. But I was tired last night!).

For those of you who have been following my previous adventures you may remember the firework cruise at Christmas. If you havent been following or are forgetful (no shame) here is the recap: Christmas, horrible dvc firework cruise, awesome driver, I ranted to supervisor of dvc about terrible cruise, Driver got in trouble. Dvc supervisor gave us do over cruise in February. Saw Driver who hinted at the fact that she got in trouble for xmas cruise, I wrote an atta girl letter for driver, dvc supervisor called me, I set her straight that Driver never said anything inappropriate about dvc or Disney.

When the boys did the Sea Raycers Sunday I asked for Driver but she was off. I had brought her a gift to try to make up for all the problems I (unintentionally) caused her. This rainy Tuesday was my last shot to give her the gift. The gift was nothing fancy and not exactly what I wanted to give her but....
My boys used to play baseball and Ant was their coach. He is still on the little league board even though none of my boys have played in like forever! The initials of our town are BS. The baseball field sells hats with BS on the front. I thought that would be hilarious to give to Driver because we went through so much BS together. Alas, this years model has the town name fully spelled. No BS humor👎
I had Ant get me 6 so Driver could share with her coworkers.
I went down to the contemporary marina. I had been watching all morning and never did see Driver. The CM I spoke to said Driver was working but she hadn't seen her yet this morning. I left the gift with her and told her to tell Driver it was from the crazy lady from Christmas.

Then I packed up, checked out, put my luggage in my rental and walked to MK
View attachment 361948
See! It is still raining!
View attachment 361949
I spy umbrellas!

View attachment 361950

View attachment 361951

apparently I went straight for this:
View attachment 361952
According to the time stamps I had a dole whip first. Breakfast? Yep!

Then a FP for PoC. Can you see me? I am in front of the guy imitating the ape.
View attachment 361954

Yes, I bailed on Mickey and Minnie because the wait was too long by the time I arrived.

After PoC I did a drive (walk) by haunted mansion to check the wait time. Too long.
I had a SM FP so headed that direction in the rain. I cut to the side of the castle and who do I see??? With only one group in front of me???
I approached them and I started to tell them “I have boys so I never get to do this”, BUT Drizella jumped all over me. “You have boys? Do you collect them? Where do you keep them?” And on and on. She was trying to get Anastasia in on it and before long she jumped in too. Ugggh. I was getting double teamed. They mentioned they wanted to collect boys and I said, “such beautiful princesses such as yourselves? I bet you fight the boys off. “ Finally, silence. Take the blasted picture so I can get out of here with any shred of dignity that I have left. Actually, there are a ton of pictures, of which no one will EVER see! This one is ok.
View attachment 361955

Then I went to my SM FP
View attachment 361953
I still look traumatized from thre Trumane sisters!!!

Nothing wrong with Dole Whips for breakfast! I do hope "driver" got her gift.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
😂 I LOVE them. They crack me up.

They were great!!! These two women worked so well together. They finished each others....
sandwiches.

Noticed you didn't answer their question, where DO you keep them? Lol

Ha ha! They were in school!!! Mean mommy!!!

Nothing wrong with Dole Whips for breakfast! I do hope "driver" got her gift.

I would take a Dole Whip right now if I could!
As for Driver, she has not seen the last of me! I will check on her next time I am able.

Stanley! (Or at least that’s what my guide said it was in February) Such a neat plant.

Yes! Stanley! Do you remember his biological name? Or is it horticultural name??

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Day 6/March 19 cont

I was searching for a FP time to meet Mickey but without any luck and I really didnt want to wait more that 15-20 minutes and the wait was closer to 45 minutes.
Instead I went on the People Mover. The line was kind of long but it moves quickly so I stuck it out. When it was getting close to load I realized the guy in front of me was a single rider, just like me. What would the CM do? Well, he sent him into a vehicle by himself then looked at me. I held up one finger, he sighed, rolled his eyes and shrugged all at once. Dude! It’s not my fault! Just a coincidence there were two single riders in a row. He sent me to my own vehicle, but he wasn't happy about it. The vehicle after me had an orange cone VIP single rider.

Some photos:

Empty moat. Ducks cant float.

I kind of miss these guys.

I was stopped overlooking the construction of Tron for about 5 min. There was lots of action!

This was the spot just before you enter the dark tunnel leading into Space Mountain. I am not afraid of the dark but on this day all I could think was thank goodness I did not get stuck in the pitch black, all alone!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Day 6/March 19 cont

It was about time I should be leaving but I was being a delay fish.
I stopped on my way out to see if Mickey could see me. “Sure”, the sign said! After a 45 minute wait☹️
Instead I went into the gift shop.

I did not buy anything. I walked back to my car at BLT. The night before the men folk left, the boys, thinking ahead, got food from the Contempo Cafe for their early morning flight. However, they left it behind.
I had been snacking on Dre’s chix nuggets and decided to have AJ’s chicken ceasar for lunch.
I had it in my trunk. It was cold enough outside I was not worried about spoilage. I got it, and my mug and headed into the contemporary. I sat and ate the salad and drank some hot green tea.

It was still raining.

I left about 12:30 heading south to Boca and my oldest son, X. I arrived about 3:30.
It rained
The
Entire
Way
Down!

X had a game. And it rained. See

My son is not exactly small. I was cracking up because he was defending this guy who was HUGE (or as NYers would say UGE). Look!

The guy is towering above him! My son is not #19, or a defenseman. He plays defense with his mouth. Yes he talks krap. Lots of krap.

It rained the entire game.

The tailgate after tonights game was indoors. Because, did I mention it was raining?

X and me:

We went to dinner after the tailgate and ran into a couple of his teammates and their parents. I sat talking to one set of parents I have only met one other time. Turns out they are dvc and their son, X’s teammate is a huge Disney freak. Yay!!!
Then I went back to the hotel.
I had an early flight the next morning. I wish I could say it all went smoothly but.......

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Was it different each time or essentially the same?

It's somewhat the same each time, but the CM leading the group also adds his/her own unique observations. Also, the guests in the tour may have some knowledge to share. So I have to say that each experience was different. I learn something new every time I go.

I just love walking through that immense greenhouse and learning about how they grow the plants, etc. There's just something incredibly uplifting about that pavilion in general -- always one of my favorite places at EPCOT.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Day 7?/March 20

No Disney but I think you might appreciate my departure story.

The car rental return at PBI is off sight. I was freaking out that I did not leave early enough for the airport. It was about 6:45 and my flight was at 8:00. AM. I pulled into the car return and there was no one there. No one. It was about 6:50, an enormous crowd gathered waiting for a bus but there were no workers. Finally, at 6:57 someone arrived. “Oh, I’ll call a bus for you.” I was cutting it close. So very close.

I got to the airport and to security. The line was mediumish. And not moving very quickly. There were two women a few groups ahead of me. They were saying they had a 7:45 flight and they were late because the mom (mother/daughter trip) had to get drunk so she could fly. She hated to fly. Just then, over the loud speaker, they called their names. People were nice and let them go to the front of the line.

I finally made it through and got to my gate just as they were starting to board. Perfect timing.

Final Thoughts

Birthdays at Disney are the best! The CM’s and other guests were so nice in wishing me a happy birthday.

The only thing that really sticks out in my mind was the level of cleanliness in the parks. It was awful. Worse than at Christmas! By the end of the day I expect a little garbage strewn about here or there. But, there should not be visible trash in ride lines at rope drop.

New stuff:
The BLT studio. Yikes!!! So tiny. Great for me alone but it was rough with the four of us!
Mini golf was fun. Might do that again.
‘Ohana was delicious. Will do that again!
Beaches n Cream. I dont have a strong opinion one way or another.
Behind the Seeds tour was fun. Not too long or expensive. I thought it was a good intro to the tour scene. I am ready for the next level.
Tom Sawyer Island was fun. Loved Aunt Polly’s. They should get a serious menu out there. That would be the hottest ADR on property!!!

Thanks to all that followed along. Reactions and comments make the process so much more rewarding! (Face to face hellos are also encouraged 😉)
Peace out. Warmer weather ahead🌴😎🍻

MickeyCB

Thank you for another fun and entertaining trip report. I've enjoyed reading your trip reports as well as other people's so much, that I am trying to get up the courage to write one. Maybe next time!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Thanks for the great report! Glad you had such a fun birthday. Feel you on the airport anxiety. I am not a nervous flyer, but always get to the airport 2 hours ahead. My greatest fear is missing a flight. I would rather sit at the gate for an hour than cut it close ;)

DH and I have a travel pact to never hear our names called overhead or have to run in an airport. So far so good.

Songbird76

Day 6/March 19 cont

I was searching for a FP time to meet Mickey but without any luck and I really didnt want to wait more that 15-20 minutes and the wait was closer to 45 minutes.
Instead I went on the People Mover. The line was kind of long but it moves quickly so I stuck it out. When it was getting close to load I realized the guy in front of me was a single rider, just like me. What would the CM do? Well, he sent him into a vehicle by himself then looked at me. I held up one finger, he sighed, rolled his eyes and shrugged all at once. Dude! It’s not my fault! Just a coincidence there were two single riders in a row. He sent me to my own vehicle, but he wasn't happy about it. The vehicle after me had an orange cone VIP single rider.

Some photos:
What is an orange cone vip single rider? Is that just that that vehicle couldn't be used?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom