Trip Report THE ONE FOR MY BIRTHDAY IN MARCH; 3/15-3/20, 2019 *COMPLETE*

It is official. I am old.

Suddenly my back hurts, my eyesight is failing and I cant remember too good. Or is it too well? I cant remember.

A few months ago when my husband Ant asked me what I wanted to do for this milestone birthday (my Grandma told me a lady never reveals her age, but it has a zero at the end) I said, “NO PARTY!” Instead I wanted to be with my family and go to Disney. And that is what I did.

If you have read my previous TR’s you may recognize some of the cast, if not, dont worry. Here is a cheat sheet.

Husband-Ant
Sons: X- 19, AJ-15, Dre-13

Of course what would a trip be without pretrip drama. Ours was brought to us courtesy of AJ’s high school lacrosse coach.
Briefly, AJ decided last year, about the time he broke his foot, that school and homework weren't cool. He lost his way a little bit and is academically ineligible at the moment for sports. However, he has been working hard and his english and math grades are still a bit dismal, but he is above 80 in everything else. His lax coach has been a complete jerk. He is a total and he bullies and picks on the kids relentlessly. (My oldest, X was a saint compared to most boys and he got the full brunt of this tyrant!) The sad thing is, up until a year ago when he retired, he was a dean at the school. His job was to stop the very behavior that he IS.
AJ was a returning varsity player but the coach gave his jersey number to an incoming freshman. But, we were required to buy a “gear package” that was personalized with his number. Luckily we only got the jacket and have not paid for it yet. We will not pay for it if AJ does not get his number. (The freshman? Doesnt even want the number!)
We made our flight for Friday March 15 at 6:00 pm so the kids could go to school and any practice they would have that day. Turns out there was a lax scrimmage that night. But AJ cant play remember. There was also practice the next morning. Ant emails the coach explaining its my birthday, Disney, going to X’s game etc. Coach emails back, “Saturday practice 10-12.” Ugggh
We rebook AJ on a Saturday flight. Get my FIL to help out and line up a ride and place for AJ to sleep etc. Then on Wed before we are set to leave (2 days before) Ant has a chat with the coach about withholding AJ’s number and the trip. Coach says, “take him. I was going to email you right back but I felt stupid.”
So now we had to change AJ’s flight once again. I was happy we were all flying together but what a jerk! Oh and AJ’s number? He didnt want to “reward” him for his behavior. I really hate that man. (BTW: that number had also been X’s number and it had been forced on AJ the year before by the players and the coach. It worked out because all of X’s old sweats and shirts have that number. Hand me downs!)

But on to the good!!

Day 1/ March 15

I opened birthday presents at home

Then we were off to the airport. The HS where the lax scrimmage was being held was on our way so we stopped and watched from the car for a few minutes.

Then we were on our way to Florida!

Fire Island looks so pretty from up here!

I wore my ears on the plane and all the way to the resort. It was my birthday and I was going to celebrate it. Nobody even looked twice.

Funny story. At one point during the flight I was putting on some hand lotion (my old skin dries out so fast😉). It was, of course, some leftover H2O lotion from our February trip. A little girl behind me said to her mom, “Mom! It smells like Disney!” I love it!!!

It took awhile to get the rental car but we were here at last!!!

carriehpotter

Day 5/ March 18 cont

We got to feed the fish!
View attachment 361316

View attachment 361307

Bananas
View attachment 361308

Yes I did. Palm tree!!🌴
This is the oldest plant in the LWtL greenhouse.
“What will they do if it grows too big?”
“No idea.”
View attachment 361309

We played a spice game. She had about 30 jars of different spices. We all picked a number and then we tried to guess what was in the jar.
View attachment 361310

View attachment 361311

More bananas. And a boat in the background to show you our perspective.
View attachment 361312

View attachment 361313

Here are a couple backstagey pix for you.
View attachment 361314

View attachment 361315
We almost did this tour on our last trip. I'm considering it for this upcoming one, now! Looks like it's pretty fun!

Songbird76

Day 4/March 18 cont

The three of us continued on to our destination, Soarin fastpasses now secured. M and J may be chill with rides and attractions but they have eaten at just about every restaraunt. I was happy they had never eaten here:
View attachment 360651

I am also happy I had the foresight to book for 3 people. When I made the reservation I thought I would be alone. I actually booked 3 different times about 2.5 hours apart. This was the only one I booked for three people though and it was the time that worked perfectly into our plans.
View attachment 360652

It was cold and rainy and blah. A perfect day for soup and grilled cheese.
View attachment 360653

This next part bums me out.
Fast forward to the next morning. I wake up and check the weather then the today and news sections on WDWM. But I see a message. I am not going to call this member out because he knows who he is. The message asks if I am enjoying beaches and cream. We PM a bit and I asked why he didnt say hi (this is a well known member to me from the “how many days” thread). He replied that he did not want to interrupt my lunch.
NOW HEAR THIS! I eat every day. Several times a day. How many opportunities to I have to meet one of you good people?? If any of you ever see me please interrupt whatever it is I am doing and say hi.

We all enjoyed our lunch. They were happy to have tried it but it was a one and done for them.
I totally get why someone wouldn't say anything...I'd be the same way. I love meeting new people, but I'm always afraid they will think I'm annoying, or that they would not like me, so I would be reluctant to interrupt if we hadn't planned to meet up.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I totally get why someone wouldn't say anything...I'd be the same way. I love meeting new people, but I'm always afraid they will think I'm annoying, or that they would not like me, so I would be reluctant to interrupt if we hadn't planned to meet up.
Permission to interrupt me anytime! New people, even annoying ones (😉) are the spice of life!!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Day 5/March 18 cont

We had our Soarin’ FP burnin’ a hole in our pockets.

Front and center!

Then, determined to get them over 10 rides for the trip, I got the ever elusive Finding Nemo FP. (That was sarcasm there.)

On our way out of The Seas we saw this.

This was both fascinating and repulsive.

It was made up of items washed ashore. Living on an island, and very close to the beach, I can tell you, I have seen some weird stuff. But look at this:

Hidden Mickey!

We looked at this for a long time. There were some things that made you shake your head. I weep for our oceans.
Then I had to see something happier. What a buzz kill the penguins were! But cool at the same time.

As much as I called him, Pluto would not look. I even asked if he wanted a cookie. Works on my Kobe every time.

Crowds were light.

We rode SpaceShip earth and then M and J hit the wall. They went out the front and I went in search of a snack in World Showcase.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Day 5/March 18 cont

I headed to Italy and was drawn to this Napoli sign. It’s where my Dad’s family came from.

I got this

This is where I am coming from. Prosecco and something yummy and wonderful but also too sweet.

Ha ha! Peter is doing the forbidden arm movement. I had to take a picture and send it to my friend L at home (from my feb trip).

Reminder of the forbidden arm movement. Or is it placement?

I started in Mexico looking for a snack and what did I get?

Of course I did. Why did I even bother with the walk? I knew this is what I really wanted all along. (I know it is not snack size but I was still celebrating my bday so no judging)

The lighting is bad. But Daisy was so cute!

I headed to the monorail and mono’d (railed?) back to BLT.

From my balcony I could see this:

What is it??

No, really, what is it?

My best guess is Fantasmic AND Illuminations. But it could be the Finklestein bat mitzvah for all I know.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Day 6/March 19

Today I had plans.
Had being the key word.
I woke early to a quiet room. I had planned to rope drop Mickey and Minnie meet and greet. It was his birthday sort of, and my birthday, sort of. I also had a few FP’s for the morning and big plans for the afternoon.
But
It
Was
Pouring!!!!

I lolligagged. I drank tea looking out the slider but did not go on the balcony because, IT WAS POURING!!!

I checked in for my flight for the next morning. I showered. I went down to pay my bill. (Which annoyed the CM because payment posts overnight-ok. But I was tired last night!).

For those of you who have been following my previous adventures you may remember the firework cruise at Christmas. If you havent been following or are forgetful (no shame) here is the recap: Christmas, horrible dvc firework cruise, awesome driver, I ranted to supervisor of dvc about terrible cruise, Driver got in trouble. Dvc supervisor gave us do over cruise in February. Saw Driver who hinted at the fact that she got in trouble for xmas cruise, I wrote an atta girl letter for driver, dvc supervisor called me, I set her straight that Driver never said anything inappropriate about dvc or Disney.

When the boys did the Sea Raycers Sunday I asked for Driver but she was off. I had brought her a gift to try to make up for all the problems I (unintentionally) caused her. This rainy Tuesday was my last shot to give her the gift. The gift was nothing fancy and not exactly what I wanted to give her but....
My boys used to play baseball and Ant was their coach. He is still on the little league board even though none of my boys have played in like forever! The initials of our town are BS. The baseball field sells hats with BS on the front. I thought that would be hilarious to give to Driver because we went through so much BS together. Alas, this years model has the town name fully spelled. No BS humor👎
I had Ant get me 6 so Driver could share with her coworkers.
I went down to the contemporary marina. I had been watching all morning and never did see Driver. The CM I spoke to said Driver was working but she hadn't seen her yet this morning. I left the gift with her and told her to tell Driver it was from the crazy lady from Christmas.

Then I packed up, checked out, put my luggage in my rental and walked to MK

See! It is still raining!

I spy umbrellas!

apparently I went straight for this:

According to the time stamps I had a dole whip first. Breakfast? Yep!

Then a FP for PoC. Can you see me? I am in front of the guy imitating the ape.

Yes, I bailed on Mickey and Minnie because the wait was too long by the time I arrived.

After PoC I did a drive (walk) by haunted mansion to check the wait time. Too long.
I had a SM FP so headed that direction in the rain. I cut to the side of the castle and who do I see??? With only one group in front of me???
I approached them and I started to tell them “I have boys so I never get to do this”, BUT Drizella jumped all over me. “You have boys? Do you collect them? Where do you keep them?” And on and on. She was trying to get Anastasia in on it and before long she jumped in too. Ugggh. I was getting double teamed. They mentioned they wanted to collect boys and I said, “such beautiful princesses such as yourselves? I bet you fight the boys off. “ Finally, silence. Take the blasted picture so I can get out of here with any shred of dignity that I have left. Actually, there are a ton of pictures, of which no one will EVER see! This one is ok.

Then I went to my SM FP

I still look traumatized from thre Trumane sisters!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom