The Official "I Miss Disney Dammit" Rant Thread

ddbowdoin

here we go people... this thread is needed! It's been a little over a month since I came back to the real world (bills, work, ughhhhh) and I am in such a withdrawal. I say this becomes the official rant page for those of us who are frustrated! I find myself living vicariously through people's planning and itinerary threads.... I can't get a Disney fix now since returning.

joethetugboater

Well I went twice last year. Once for Christmas / New Years then again in Oct. for the Not-So-Scary-Party! I'm going to try and go back in Oct. again this year, if I can talk my wife into it. She's not a " Disney Freak " like myself. But the upside is my youngest daughter is 4 years old and thinks thats the only place to Trick-Or-Treat. She's been every year of her life! My wife and co-workers all pick at me for liking Disney so much. My wife finds it hard to believe that a 34 year old riverboat pilot enjoys Disney so much. All I can say is besides hunting with my trusty bluetick " ol' Blue " it's the only thing that takes my mind off the stress from my job! I ride the boat for 28 days at a time then I'm off for 28 days, just wish it was aboard the Mark Twain on the rivers of America! lol

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
a little cold in New England this morning (50) and I had on my 40th Anniversay crewneck sweatshirt... looked down at the logo and instantly became grumpy on the commuter train! hahaha... thats sad

Upvote 0

PartOfYourWorld

a little cold in New England this morning (50) and I had on my 40th Anniversay crewneck sweatshirt... looked down at the logo and instantly became grumpy on the commuter train! hahaha... thats sad

this feels like really cold weather made me want to be down in WDW, heck everyday I want to be in WDW no matter the weather what I am talking about it..

There is not a day that goes by that I don't mention Disney in some way shape of form

Upvote 0

Foxrun1

We have been going each year in the fall since our honeymoon 12 years ago. Now we bring our 2 little girls and it is the best week of the year. We start planning the next trip as soon as we get back. We plan out our days at the parks months in advance. We book our dinner reservations exactly 180 days in advance. I'm glad I am not alone in the way I feel.

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

My sister, my mother and myself just got back from the world on Sunday. Mom owns a timeshare close to property and she has it every other year.. YEs, sadly only every other year :( BUT - My grandmother has a unit at the same resort every year so sometimes we can use her unit on the off years we don't have ours.
Since we don't have the unit next year in 2012, we were going to save up and plan to stay on property for a week, in November so my sister can go during the Christmas season (I've been twice during Thanksgiving, 2001 and last year 2010) We havent stayed on property since 2006 so we were pretty excited. Well, plans have changed a little... when we went this past week, a unit wasnt available at our home resort so we had to exchange it. With RCI its based on trading power and ours had a trading power of 20 .. The resort we ended up trading to was a 10 (still such a wonderful resort, not sure why only 10) so she ended up getting to keep 10 of her trading points. So this means that rather than having to save up to stay on property next year, we will have the timeshare again to stay in in November.... only we decided we can't wait a year and a half for the trip so we're bumping it to May, the same time we went this year. We had beautiful weather and the crowds were low. Well, now we're a little bummed about not being able to stay on property. So in talking with my sister Monday night (yes, the night after we got back from the World) we decided we can't wait a whole year to go again. Her and I always take one long weekend away together, usually in Sept or October. Last year we went to Tampa because it was cheaper than Disney. Left Friday morning and came back Monday night. So, after some discussion we decided this fall will be Disney. We're going to get AP's since we're going again in the spring (wish we had known we would want to go back so soon before we just went cause we would have gotten AP's then... Hindsight sometimes, I tell ya!) Well, my sister is VERY limited to the vacation time she gets (2 weeks and that includes sick time too plus she gets a week of "appointment time" that has to be used for appointments ONLY. Her works is comparable to jail sometimes, seriously and if she didnt make great money there, she would leave lol) so we decided to look into holiday weekends (Labor Day or Veterans Day) so we have an extra day. After some research, I came across the free dining promo for August and Sept and airfare for $255 from our home airport (Portland, ME.. and Portland is usually pretty expensive.). So now, sister has put in for the Tuesday and Weds of Labor Day week off and we're just waiting to see if she gets it off. I don't like the waiting part........ :lookaroun
If she can't get those days, we're going to try Veterans Day. MVMCP will be happening then and she really wants to go during Christmas.
Soooooo, this fall will be my 3rd trip in a year.. Does this qualify me as Disney obsessed yet? I love making our ADR's and looking at the different touring plans, though we never follow a touring plan, we just kind of go with the flow. I've looked at our photopass pictures 4 times since Sunday night and check Lines daily just to see how long the line would be for Space Mountain if we were there right now :lol: I even went to an audition when I was there last week for the entertainment department. I made it to the final round and I will get a call within 6 months if they have an opening that fits my height. t's always been my dream to be in SpectroMagic or the BaTB show so my fingers are crossed!!! Ahhh, thank goodness I'm not the only Disney lover that feels down after they come home from their trips!! :p

Upvote 0
Can't go back till Fantasy Land Expansion is complete. My partner and I have been going to WDW every X-mas for the past 6 years. He loves Disney, I LOVE DISNEY. So as much as this is going to suck we have to pick a new destination spot for this year. I tried to convince him to hit DL but they are doing a big expansion aswell. Looks like I won't see Disney for atleast one X-mas.

We are in the exact same boat! DH and I are trying to wait until the expansion is complete. We were also going to try DL but we decided to wait until we had more vacation time available to go all the way out west. We are thinking New Orleans- but I'd rather be at Port Orleans, French Quarter in DW! Heres hoping the next year moves quickly!

Upvote 0

Disneygal1

I can't agree with this thread more. I am always reading people's trip reports. Sometimes my sister will come up and see me reading someone's trip report and she always says, "Why are you looking at random people's vacations?!!" Hahaha she just doesn't get it.

Upvote 0

MegLovesDisney

Pdd

Hey Everyone!
This is my first official post. I just got back from my 6th and BEST trip of all time a week ago tomorrow and I'm still feeling beyond sad and I still can't believe after all my long joyful planning the trip is actually over!!! :cry:
Anyways, you all know how I feel. We stayed at Coronado Springs which blew my expectations out of the water. The weather was 85+ every day...sunshine, perfection...it was amazing. It was the first big trip my boyfriend and I went on too so that made it extra special and hard to leave.
I could go on and on about all the new things I found and that had changed since 2006 when I went last (my high point being the Swan and Dolphin I had never been to before). It was a dream come true and I miss it more every passing day :(
Sigh. Anyways back to work!

Upvote 0

Disney4aLifetim

The feeling is missing Disney is so strong about a week after each trip (been to DL every 6 months for the last 5 years, once a year before that), that we have finally made the committment to move to Florida. Unfortunately, because of returning to school, the need to save money for a cross country move, and having a house to sell in Phoenix, the move is still 2 years out.

Let the count down begin!

Ken

Upvote 0

BrittanyRose428

I haven't been in 5 years!! :( I know that really isn't too bad, cause there is definitely other disney obsessees who haven't been in even longer, but it feels soooo long =[

Upvote 0

jride

I've been there over 20 times and look forward to each time as if i was my first, was just there last year, we are leaving in 53 days to go back....waiting feels like 5300 days.....

Upvote 0

Skooterkid

The feeling is missing Disney is so strong about a week after each trip (been to DL every 6 months for the last 5 years, once a year before that), that we have finally made the committment to move to Florida. Unfortunately, because of returning to school, the need to save money for a cross country move, and having a house to sell in Phoenix, the move is still 2 years out.

Let the count down begin!

Ken

Thats my plan too. I've been to Disney World every year since 1998 to satisfy the addiction, and the flight from London can be expensive, stressful and looooong. Moving to Florida is the only solution (although I doubt that I'll ever live in The Grand Floridian as I planned to when I was 6 years-old :( )

Upvote 0

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I just got back Thursday and I had a full meltdown Sunday afternoon...tears and all crying to my parents that I don't ever wanna come back from FL....and I'm 32 years old :lookaroun

Upvote 0

Aurora&Phillip

I just got back Thursday and I had a full meltdown Sunday afternoon...tears and all crying to my parents that I don't ever wanna come back from FL....and I'm 32 years old :lookaroun

God I thought I was the only one! I am 27 and getting me out of MK on the last night is like pulling teeth! I just returned home on April 24th and was at MK until 3am the night before leaving for home and I just stood on Main Street and cried as I stared at the castle. My BF and I both decided when we were there that we should wait until the FL expansion was completed to go back but as soon as we got back home we were both itching to go back, even though it was our 3rd time there in a little over a year. We are hoping to go back in the fall for MNSSHP!! :D

Upvote 0

lbrad

God I thought I was the only one! I am 27 and getting me out of MK on the last night is like pulling teeth! I just returned home on April 24th and was at MK until 3am the night before leaving for home and I just stood on Main Street and cried as I stared at the castle. My BF and I both decided when we were there that we should wait until the FL expansion was completed to go back but as soon as we got back home we were both itching to go back, even though it was our 3rd time there in a little over a year. We are hoping to go back in the fall for MNSSHP!! :D

I am heading to the World in July :sohappy: I already dread leaving :cry:
BUT I'll be back for MNSSHP:D

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
I have been avoiding the forum... oh man, this is hard! I have a huge playlist on grooveshark with ride narrations and soundracks, just to get my fix.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom