The Official "I Miss Disney Dammit" Rant Thread

ddbowdoin

here we go people... this thread is needed! It's been a little over a month since I came back to the real world (bills, work, ughhhhh) and I am in such a withdrawal. I say this becomes the official rant page for those of us who are frustrated! I find myself living vicariously through people's planning and itinerary threads.... I can't get a Disney fix now since returning.

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
I am so glad we bought DVC when we did. Thanks to it, I'll get in three trips this year!! :D

You totally made me laugh with the title of this thread; you have got the Disney fever bad, my friend!! :ROFLOL:

I think the buy in now is 12,000... we're getting there but I want in before rates get even higher.

I have the fever, big time! Much to my surprise... the wife does too. She doesn't show it as much as I do, but she really wants the DVC. Just the thought of lodging being covered makes the DVC such a bargain... the suite rates are HIGH when booked with cash so you can make up 12K easy.

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

dammit!!! we had a trip booked for this september with the 4 kids, but airfare killed the deal last month. We even played $100 in lottery and came up bust. just not in the cards. It was the hardest phone call to make to cancel a 7 day trip at CBR. Me and the wife were just there in december, coldest ever, and really wanted to get away and enjoy our favorite place. I even stayed away from the site for awhile, but i cant do it anymore. So we plan for next year. At least we are going to hilton head this september with the kids, but its just ot the same. talk about a let down. The kids were devastated as we were. Oh well, just plan for next year. I wished we lived closer. Airlines get bailed out, and we get s---!

Upvote 0

Mikester71

here we go people... this thread is needed! It's been a little over a month since I came back to the real world (bills, work, ughhhhh) and I am in such a withdrawal. I say this becomes the official rant page for those of us who are frustrated! I find myself living vicariously through people's planning and itinerary threads.... I can't get a Disney fix now since returning.

I'm right there with you. My family were there in March too and although I kept saying during this past trip that this was it for us going to WDW for a while, as soon as we got home, my wife and I both missed it something awful. The funny thing is my wife and I were the ones missing it the most. The kids didn't seem to have as much fun as us this trip and both seemed to be happier to finally be home. So I said to my wife that we should plan a trip back to WDW for just the two of us (haven't been alone on a trip since our honeymoon 20 years ago :eek:) sometime next year. But then a buddy showed me prices for an all inclusive vacation down in the Dominican Republic for under $1000 for a week. After sinking quite a bit into this last WDW vacation, we now have a hard decision on our hands. Do we pay down some of our debt this year and next and wait a few years for our next vacation; or do we wait and see how we are doing early next year and book a nice fall getaway for just the two of us finally. If we do decide to book something next year, should we try something OTHER than WDW and go with a cruise or down to the Dominican (which sounds REALLY affordable) for a change. Decisions, decisions!!! :brick:

Upvote 0

Disney61

What I have a hard time believing is how fast the time flies when you visit the "World"! You plan for so long. You arrive:sohappy: And then in the blink of an eye it's time to leave:cry:

Upvote 0

Disneydreamer23

dammit!!! we had a trip booked for this september with the 4 kids, but airfare killed the deal last month. We even played $100 in lottery and came up bust. just not in the cards. It was the hardest phone call to make to cancel a 7 day trip at CBR. Me and the wife were just there in december, coldest ever, and really wanted to get away and enjoy our favorite place. I even stayed away from the site for awhile, but i cant do it anymore. So we plan for next year. At least we are going to hilton head this september with the kids, but its just ot the same. talk about a let down. The kids were devastated as we were. Oh well, just plan for next year. I wished we lived closer. Airlines get bailed out, and we get s---!

Airtran has my flight in october 89 dollars right now it was 200.00 for 2 people 1 way

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
I'm right there with you. My family were there in March too and although I kept saying during this past trip that this was it for us going to WDW for a while, as soon as we got home, my wife and I both missed it something awful. The funny thing is my wife and I were the ones missing it the most. The kids didn't seem to have as much fun as us this trip and both seemed to be happier to finally be home. So I said to my wife that we should plan a trip back to WDW for just the two of us (haven't been alone on a trip since our honeymoon 20 years ago :eek:) sometime next year. But then a buddy showed me prices for an all inclusive vacation down in the Dominican Republic for under $1000 for a week. After sinking quite a bit into this last WDW vacation, we now have a hard decision on our hands. Do we pay down some of our debt this year and next and wait a few years for our next vacation; or do we wait and see how we are doing early next year and book a nice fall getaway for just the two of us finally. If we do decide to book something next year, should we try something OTHER than WDW and go with a cruise or down to the Dominican (which sounds REALLY affordable) for a change. Decisions, decisions!!! :brick:

I know... the night was landed we tried to play it off, "oh its nice to be home..." but by the next morning we woke up and just looked at each other and just agreed... "ugh sucks to be home".

As for the DR, don't get sucked into those deals. They are fun but a 100% different style of vacation from WDW. For me, I love WDW and everything they have to do... shows, rides, snacks, the hotel, fireworks, theming, scenery. When you go down to the Caribbean (which I have, 4 times with family) it's a beach and booze. Sure, sounds amazing but after the 3rd day of just drinking and swimming in hot water it gets old. So now you save money going down to the DR but you spent that money on something that isn't that fun... rather than spending X amount more on something you LOVE.

Upvote 0

MAF

You "damn" whiners, I haven't been since 2008 with no future plans in sight yet. Now I'm somone who has something to complain about! :lol:

Upvote 0

nc_disneyfreak

so glad im not alone!

What I have a hard time believing is how fast the time flies when you visit the "World"! You plan for so long. You arrive:sohappy: And then in the blink of an eye it's time to leave:cry:

What a great thread! everyone out there i know what your going through, I live in north carolina and last april i took my wife and three yr old for 7 days in the all star movies resort. It was our first trip and it was great! the best vacation ive ever been on. I used to live in california so i grew up at disneyland but the world beats it by a mile...so we get back, and i still, almost a year to the day since we went to the world, think about our next time....everyday im on the disney sites, reading others reports, following all the new news, and even watching you tube clips of the rides....the magic is true, i can forget about the real world and take in walking up main st, enjoying the look on everyones faces, admiring the buildings, flowers and trees at epcot ( i love epcot ) but for now, i only have to wait till august to book our april 2012 trip (pop century) for eight days! and we all have cars 2 coming out in june, as well as just watching all the movies. I cant wait till i get to the hotel, get my key to the world card, my packet, and just lose myself. its hard to put into words, but im sure you all know what im trying to say....is it weird that i saved napkins from sci fi dine in theater, empty goofys candy co. bags etc...? lol

Upvote 0

Mikester71

I know... the night was landed we tried to play it off, "oh its nice to be home..." but by the next morning we woke up and just looked at each other and just agreed... "ugh sucks to be home".

I know, right! And what REALLY sucked for us was that after driving for 21+ hours just to get home, we pulled into Port Huron, Michigan (across the border from us here in Canada) around 6am to a wicked freezing rain/snow blizzard. Power lines were down and schools were closed and everyone kept telling us when we were down there how nice the weather was back home (it was for a couple of days that week I later found out). To wake up one morning and go from beautiful, sunny skies and 80 degree weather to snow on the ground and 30 degree weather the next, all with no sleep in between, just seemed SO wrong!!! :brick::cry:

As for the DR, don't get sucked into those deals. They are fun but a 100% different style of vacation from WDW. For me, I love WDW and everything they have to do... shows, rides, snacks, the hotel, fireworks, theming, scenery. When you go down to the Caribbean (which I have, 4 times with family) it's a beach and booze. Sure, sounds amazing but after the 3rd day of just drinking and swimming in hot water it gets old. So now you save money going down to the DR but you spent that money on something that isn't that fun... rather than spending X amount more on something you LOVE.

Funny that you should mention this. My wife actually said to me tonight that she would rather just go back to WDW next year instead of anywhere else. VERY cool for me as I had just suggested somewhere else in case she was getting sick of Disney. Guess not!!!! She is not a big drinker (not that I am, but I can hold my own - the Canadian in me I guess :lookaroun) and is thinking the exact same thing you just posted - that it would get pretty old in a hurry. I agree 100%, so it looks like we might actually get to take that WDW trip with JUST the two of us that we were supposed to have last month! Now to pick a month (May or Sept/Oct) for next year and to PRAY for a nice deal or free dining or something to help a bit with the cost!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

patch553

dude totally feel youre pain,the wife and i had our 5th disney vacation in january,had such withdrawal symptoms we booked next years 3 days after we got home:sohappy:

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
I know, right! And what REALLY sucked for us was that after driving for 21+ hours just to get home, we pulled into Port Huron, Michigan (across the border from us here in Canada) around 6am to a wicked freezing rain/snow blizzard. Power lines were down and schools were closed and everyone kept telling us when we were down there how nice the weather was back home (it was for a couple of days that week I later found out). To wake up one morning and go from beautiful, sunny skies and 80 degree weather to snow on the ground and 30 degree weather the next, all with no sleep in between, just seemed SO wrong!!! :brick::cry:

Funny that you should mention this. My wife actually said to me tonight that she would rather just go back to WDW next year instead of anywhere else. VERY cool for me as I had just suggested somewhere else in case she was getting sick of Disney. Guess not!!!! She is not a big drinker (not that I am, but I can hold my own - the Canadian in me I guess :lookaroun) and is thinking the exact same thing you just posted - that it would get pretty old in a hurry. I agree 100%, so it looks like we might actually get to take that WDW trip with JUST the two of us that we were supposed to have last month! Now to pick a month (May or Sept/Oct) for next year and to PRAY for a nice deal or free dining or something to help a bit with the cost!!! :sohappy:

if you can make it the 1st week of May that is a great time to go... nice weather in FL and low crowds as kids are still in school everywhere in the US. I went at the end of May... eh, some major crowds (worse than our SB time slot). I saw 180 minutes at TSM... even during SB I never saw that.

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
What a great thread! everyone out there i know what your going through, I live in north carolina and last april i took my wife and three yr old for 7 days in the all star movies resort. It was our first trip and it was great! the best vacation ive ever been on. I used to live in california so i grew up at disneyland but the world beats it by a mile...so we get back, and i still, almost a year to the day since we went to the world, think about our next time....everyday im on the disney sites, reading others reports, following all the new news, and even watching you tube clips of the rides....the magic is true, i can forget about the real world and take in walking up main st, enjoying the look on everyones faces, admiring the buildings, flowers and trees at epcot ( i love epcot ) but for now, i only have to wait till august to book our april 2012 trip (pop century) for eight days! and we all have cars 2 coming out in june, as well as just watching all the movies. I cant wait till i get to the hotel, get my key to the world card, my packet, and just lose myself. its hard to put into words, but im sure you all know what im trying to say....is it weird that i saved napkins from sci fi dine in theater, empty goofys candy co. bags etc...? lol

I figured it was needed. I have major withdrawals... last week I broke my bose headphones and am currently awaiting a warranty replacement pair... I haven't had disney tunes at work for over a week now, I am dying!

Upvote 0
I feel everyone's pain. My family has not been since May of 2008 where my husband and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary. We are planning a trip in October but that seems like a whole lifetime away!! We have never gone this long without a Disney trip and I hope we never have to wait this long again. We need our HAPPY PLACE!!

Upvote 0

lebeau

Anyone who measures their time away from Disney in months doesn't know how good they have it. It's typically years between trips for us. During our last trip, my wife told me she'd be happy to never return! Words spoken in anger, but also largely meant. I slowly wore down her resistence and I am now allowed to plan another trip when I feel we are ready. But with a two-year-old in the mix, I need to wait until touring will be less stressful or else I may face a ban for life!

Upvote 0

davidc1578

Still suffering from a return trip last week of March (first trip in over 9 year and first with my two kids 2 and 6). I was ready to plan next year's spring break as soon as we returned especially since the two days we went to the Magic Kingdom it rained all day and we didn't get to Epcot or Animal Kingdom. My wife though I was crazy and blew off the idea. Fast forward to this past Friday. I get home from work and she starts asking question about how busy it would be going back the first week of January. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was so excited I immediately went from depression mode to planning mode. Turned on the computer and went straight for the Disney site and at the same time WDWmagic.com of course. Now planning for a December 31 - January 6. (Will be there on my Birthday and celebrating a belated 10th Anniversary!) We are also not going to tell the Kids until Christmas! Nothing cures post Disney depression like planning your next trip!

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

Hello, my name is Shana and i'm a Disneyholic. It's been almost 3 years since my last trip and I am having some serious withdrawls. We actually have a trip planned, booked, with money down for a trip in August...staying 6 days...at CSR...free dining. But alas, I need to cancel it. I just can't bring myself to do it but I know we need to. I just gave birth to our third son 6 weeks ago today and I think it will be really difficult taking him with our other two. (7 and 2) We are thinking of rescheduling for a trip in February. This way our youngest will almost be 1 and he can walk, hold his own bottle, etc., It may be better anyway because in February while everyone is shoveling snow, I will be swimming in 80 degree weather.:) But, I am upset and I know my oldest son is, too. There will be other trips. I just hope a free dining promotion or a room discount comes out for that time of the year. I think that since we need to cancel this suimmer, that I deserve a resort upgrade...WL or AKL Savannah. ;)

Upvote 0

Sarabell

OK, so I feared I would have to cancel my september trip because of my mom's money problems. Apparently her best friend decided to join us for a few days so she's now excited again (plus i told her if I had enough money I would pay for her trip. she says she won't let me pay for the whole thing but a little help won't hurt) I'm a happy camper again!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom