The Official "I Miss Disney Dammit" Rant Thread

ddbowdoin

here we go people... this thread is needed! It's been a little over a month since I came back to the real world (bills, work, ughhhhh) and I am in such a withdrawal. I say this becomes the official rant page for those of us who are frustrated! I find myself living vicariously through people's planning and itinerary threads.... I can't get a Disney fix now since returning.

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
Glad I am not alone... everyday I wake up and I have to remember, damn...no character breakfast this morning. Another day on the train, another day in the office.

Upvote 0

mamamouse

truer words were never spoken my friend LOL
Wow, we all seem totally depressed and un-satisfied with real life!! Loving WDW so much can be a bit of a curse! There doesn't seem to be a Disney support group in my area, alcoholics and drug users get all the attention!:fork:

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

We went over Thanksgiving 2010 and the second we got home, i started collaborating with my mother and sister about our next trip. We have a timeshare every other year @ Vistana Resorts and we never exchange it, never ever. We ALWAYS use it for Disney trips. And my grandmother has her timeshare every year at the same place. So sometimes if we're lucky we get to go once one year and twice the next. I will be at the world in 15 days and it seems like it's taking FOREVER to get here! :cry:
I have a Disney playlist on my iPhone and my sister and I watch one Disney movie a week to hype us up for the trip (not that we need to be any more hyped up than we already are lol) and this weekend we're gonna dig out the good old VHS home videos of trips from 1990 and 1992 :lol:

Upvote 0

LowesChevy

166 days till we head back. I have so much to look forward to this summer, but all I want to do is dream Disney!

My cousins and their families are all going over the next 2 weeks, so I am a little jealous, but I did just get back from Phoenix, AZ a few days ago. :dazzle:

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
We went over Thanksgiving 2010 and the second we got home, i started collaborating with my mother and sister about our next trip. We have a timeshare every other year @ Vistana Resorts and we never exchange it, never ever. We ALWAYS use it for Disney trips. And my grandmother has her timeshare every year at the same place. So sometimes if we're lucky we get to go once one year and twice the next. I will be at the world in 15 days and it seems like it's taking FOREVER to get here! :cry:
I have a Disney playlist on my iPhone and my sister and I watch one Disney movie a week to hype us up for the trip (not that we need to be any more hyped up than we already are lol) and this weekend we're gonna dig out the good old VHS home videos of trips from 1990 and 1992 :lol:

166 days till we head back. I have so much to look forward to this summer, but all I want to do is dream Disney!

My cousins and their families are all going over the next 2 weeks, so I am a little jealous, but I did just get back from Phoenix, AZ a few days ago. :dazzle:

at least you have a count!

Upvote 0

mouseinthehouse

I've just found this fantastic site & this is my very first post!

I've just got to say that I'm sooo pleased I'm not alone in missing that place! As a child, my family & I went every year from '93 - '03 but since growing up and entering reality (sigh) we haven't been able to afford to go. Flight prices are just crazy - I am seriously contemplating a second mortgage so I can get my fix...

Anyway, pleased to be among like minded people! :wave:

Upvote 0

dave&di

I've just got to say that I'm sooo pleased I'm not alone in missing that place! As a child, my family & I went every year from '93 - '03 but since growing up and entering reality (sigh) we haven't been able to afford to go. Flight prices are just crazy - I am seriously contemplating a second mortgage so I can get my fix...

Welcome aboard fellow English person! Its tough having such a distance between here and there! Flight prices are ridiculous, it adds a big chunk to the cost of a holiday to WDW.

Upvote 0

Sarabell

Welcome!! sometimes it can seem like a nuthouse but us nuts do share an inmense worship for all things disney. :D

Upvote 0

mouseinthehouse

Suffolk is lovely, but you're right - it's not Florida! Perhaps we need to start a savings club on here - if there isn't one already! I'm pretty good at saving, just got to have the money to save to start with though!!

I have a feeling these boards may well get me through the next few months!

Sarabell - looks like I'll fit in just fine!!:p

Upvote 0

dave&di

Suffolk is lovely, but you're right - it's not Florida! Perhaps we need to start a savings club on here - if there isn't one already! I'm pretty good at saving, just got to have the money to save to start with though!!

I have a feeling these boards may well get me through the next few months!Sarabell - looks like I'll fit in just fine!!:p

Reading the Trip Reports is a good way to have a virtual disney holiday, you can read about peoples holidays day to day, with great photos. Its makes you feel you are there as well! But then you put the laptop down and realise your'e not there after all :dazzle:

Upvote 0

Dads 2 Boys

This site is one of the only saving graces for me not to go completely nuts about not being there. Since I only have my boys each weekend, I cannot move to FL and go each week. As much as I'm obsessed with WDW, my kids mean too much to move and not see them all the time.

I went for the first time in 1996 as a 25 yr old and while I had a great time, I wasn't yet an addict. When my ex and I agreed to take our kids together(yes.....together) in 2007 (my 1st tiem back) for their first time, little did I realize that "the WDW drug" would take ahold of me. Even though we get a long really well, being with my ex for 10 days straight couldn't break the addiction so I knew it was bad. :lol: It was the best 10 days in my life with my kids so that probably added to it.

When I went with my now fiancee (and wife in 5 months) in 2009 my addiction became full blown (my boys didn't go that yr cuz their Mom was supposed to take them a few months later but never panned out). In July 2009, I found this site and became an hourly visitor which has made it worse and better at the same time.

One thing that has been fun is each weekend we play a guess the wait time game using the Touring Plans app on my phone. They guess the wait time and whoever is closer "gets the point" and whoever has the most points wins. My kids have been saving to have their own spending $$ so whoever wins get an extra $2 and they love it!

My fiancee and I are taking my boys and going to WDW for the first time together (as a foursome) in 190 days and I'm more excited than my kids!!!! :sohappy: I think my kids are being driven nuts and I know my fiancee is.

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

I need a trip badly.

The worst thing is I have the money saved for a trip, deluxe resort etc. and my wife's schedule just doesn't permit us to go this year. My son won't go without mom and says "Dad, Disney is a family vacation, we can't go without mom!"

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
I need a trip badly.

The worst thing is I have the money saved for a trip, deluxe resort etc. and my wife's schedule just doesn't permit us to go this year. My son won't go without mom and says "Dad, Disney is a family vacation, we can't go without mom!"

that's a good son!

Upvote 0

MouseDreaming

I thought I was actually doing Ok after this trip. Not feeling nearly as "blue". Then, I realized I am subconsciously planning another trip. And I realize, I'm not sure when that will be. Now I've got withdrawal---______!

Upvote 0

Uncle Lupe

OP or anyone.. live thru me and help.
If it doesn't depress you to much help me decide on some resturant choices. Can only do 2 sit down meals. Will have 2 pickey eaters, 2.5 daughter, 35 yr old. :lol: Coral Reef, Ohona, T-Rex Cafe, San Angel Inn or Rainforest Cafe?

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
OP or anyone.. live thru me and help.
If it doesn't depress you to much help me decide on some resturant choices. Can only do 2 sit down meals. Will have 2 pickey eaters, 2.5 daughter, 35 yr old. :lol: Coral Reef, Ohona, T-Rex Cafe, San Angel Inn or Rainforest Cafe?

a no go on the San Angel Inn... probably the best themed restaurant at WDW and awesome food but not for the picky eater. I'm actually unsure of the childrens menu so I guess you can't quote me. The food has some great kick to it but I love my food on the spicier side.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom