The Official Hurricane Ivan thread...

i'm back

Hey guys.. Just thought I'd let you know that all is well down here in panama City,.. my family and I took a couple day retreat to Savannah, GA. Now THAT is a beautifull place. We want to move there some day. =)

We're back and have power and everything. We do have a friend who is still w/ out power though.. hopefully that will change soon.

Anyways, If anyone wants some pics from savannah then send me a message..

Cya

Karl

pinkrose

I'm glad your house is ok. :)

There was this idiot they arrest in the city my husband works for. He and two of his small children were in an inflatable boat riding in the creek (during harricane/tropical strom force windsand rain). No life jackets either. Thank goodness the police caught him in time before they reached the draining area. He was arrested on child endangerment.

prberk

Boo's Mom said:
we were without power for 3 weeks after isabel. (1 year aniversary tomorrow 9/18)

Yep, just in time for the remnants of Ivan to come by now. Tornado watches/warnings going on all around right now. It should all pass by 8 p.m. EDT here in the Richmond area, but we are still saturated by Gaston and a whole summer of rain. (The wettest August here on record -- period.) We had 6-14 inches from Gaston, when it stalled over us and flooded some areas out. And the ground has not dried out at all, so I hope trees hold up.

I will try to post later, but I know that no matter what happens here, many people elsewhere will be homeless tonight and have had loved ones hurt. They remain in my prayers.

The picture here http://www.timesdispatch.com was not captioned on the web version (and will be gone, I am sure, by tomorrow) was captioned in our print version, but it completely moved me. The picture is of Devon Rabon, 19, holding a picture of his mother and stepfather, who were killed when a tornado destroyed their Blountstown, Florida, home. He is standing in the rubble of their home.

Tim G

Belle Valley Flood waters

13.jpg

Tim G

This was taken on I77 in Ohio at the Belle Valley exit. The rains from Hurricane Ivan caused flash floods everywhere

12.jpg

Tim G

After 24 hours of light to moderate rain we are beginning to see patches of blue sky in Northeast Tennessee.

20.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom