The Official album of the Walt Disney World Resort: The Happiest Celebration On Earth

tigger248

I should get mine tomorrow! :sohappy: I checked to see where it is and it's been in town since like 1:00, so there's no reason that I can see why it shouldn't come with the mail tomorrow!

Woody13

I ordered several of the limited edition "A musical History of Disneyland" 50th Anniversary 6 CD Box Sets (61499). I ordered the first 2 sets right after they first came on line at DisneyDirect. Those 2 sets have been delivered to me. After checking with some friends and family members that expressed an interest in this set, I ordered 9 more sets the next day just before they ran out. Those sets will not ship until the last week in May, 2005. These are the sets that include the gold 33 1/3 RPM disk and are numbered. Has anyone found these at the parks?

I bought the 2 CD set at WDW last week.

jasondiff

3000 of the LE sets went on sale at Disneyland May 5, and reportedly have sold out already. 1000 also went on sale at WDW the same day, I don't know if they are sold out yet.

Woody13

jasondiff said:
3000 of the LE sets went on sale at Disneyland May 5, and reportedly have sold out already. 1000 also went on sale at WDW the same day, I don't know if they are sold out yet.
Yes, that would certainly make the total correct considering that DisneyDirect had 1,000 to sell. I wonder why they would allocate 3,000 sets to Disneyland? Seems rather strange to me, unless they are purposely attempting to limit the distribution.

tigger248

Woody13 said:
Yes, that would certainly make the total correct considering that DisneyDirect had 1,000 to sell. I wonder why they would allocate 3,000 sets to Disneyland? Seems rather strange to me, unless they are purposely attempting to limit the distribution.

3,000 to Disneyland does sorta make sense, since it's a Musical History of Disneyland. I'm just happy that as many were sold through WDW and disneydirect as were. When I first heard of this set, I though Disneyland would be the only ones with the LE version. (Then again, of course I have no problem with it, I got mine. If I hadn't then...)

TTATraveler

Woody13 said:

It is a Musical History of Disneyland, so naturally it makes sense that they had the most to sell. I am very happy though that Disneydirect had some to sell, which I received mine from. If I had waited to get it at DL when I go, I would have been out of luck.

jasondiff

Originally they were somewhat more equally allocated (I think DL still had the most though), but at the last minute DL requested a bigger allotment so some were taken from WDW and disney direct. But as you all said, DL having the biggest share makes sense!

Number_6

I ordered my 6-disc from Disney Direct last week. I picked up my 2-disc WDW CD a couple of days ago and I am loving it. It's great hearing the old JII track.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
In case anyone was wondering, the 2-CD WDW set was available on 4/30, if not sooner. And the LE 6-CD Disneyland set is still available at most locations in DT Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom