The New Voice of Mickey Mouse! Mr. Bret Iwam

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
ICKEY MOUSE GETS NEW VOICE
Local character voice talent Bret Iwan is the new voice of Disney's famous mouse. Bret competed nationally to become the voice of Mickey and will handle a wide variety of talent duties. His first sessions with Chapman Recording was a voice used in a learning toy and then a series of prompts for the Disney cruise Line. Congratulations to Bret and Disney! (L-R Engineer Evan Clark & Talent Bret Iwam)

From:http://www.chapmanrecording.com/Broadcast & Corp.html

Seems pretty credible, other WDW News and Rumor Sites are listing it.

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
Soooo....It's unconfirmed but various people have said that his voice already appears in "Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it!"..If that's the case, it sounds fine.

JustInTime

It's still sad that the other guy did. :(

I am just glad they got a new one. I wonder if his wife will still do Minnie?

bradk

it's Iwan (the studios site has him named both ways, obviously Iwam is a typo).

best I can tell the story broke because someone from Laughing Place attended the new Feld Entertainment Disney on Ice show which listed him as a voice talent and it led from there.

he also appears to be an illustrator for Hallmark Cards and has a demonstrated history for not only doing Mickey Mouse impressions but for drawing him as well. there was an article by Hallmark on him when he visited some school children back in 2007

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/2009/09/06/bret-iwan-named-as-new-voice-of-mickey-mouse/

Surge38

CLIP of the new voice....?

A previous posted mentioned a rumor that "the new guy" did the voice in "move it, shake it, celebrate it". Is it possible that they used him as an alternate voice BEFORE Wayne passed? It wouldn't be the first time Disney used an "alternate" to do voice work if the main voice talent wasn't available for whatever reason....

IF so, then our first glimpse at Mickey's "new sound" is at 1:52 of THIS video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c1V...2188C8366&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=3

Can anyone confirm or deny whether this is Wayne or Bret?? It sounds, to my ears, a little different from Wayne...

Tom

Beta Return
OT Question

A little OT, but only slightly....since we're talking about Disney voices.

Dan Castellaneta is credited (www.imdb.com) as the voice of the Genie in the Aladdin TV series, The Return of Jafar, and something called Kingdom Hearts - all in the mid 90s.

Does anyone know if he provided the voice of the Genie in the old Remember the Magic parade at the MK? I SWEAR that's him. There are times when you can clearly hear "Homer" and "Groundskeeper Willie" come out in the voice.

I've also wondered about the Genie in Spectro, because there are hints of "Homer", but I don't think that's him. :veryconfu

Kamikaze

A little OT, but only slightly....since we're talking about Disney voices.

Dan Castellaneta is credited (www.imdb.com) as the voice of the Genie in the Aladdin TV series, The Return of Jafar, and something called Kingdom Hearts - all in the mid 90s.

Does anyone know if he provided the voice of the Genie in the old Remember the Magic parade at the MK? I SWEAR that's him. There are times when you can clearly hear "Homer" and "Groundskeeper Willie" come out in the voice.

I've also wondered about the Genie in Spectro, because there are hints of "Homer", but I don't think that's him. :veryconfu

I believe that everything thats Genie that isn't Robin Williams is Castellaneta. Just purely on cost, he's cheaper than Williams would be for those short VOs.
Spectro, I believe, is Williams, though.

Kingdom Hearts is a video game series, btw.

Here's a picture of Iwan, on the right.
Disney01.JPG

Spyne

If this is indeed true, sounds good to me. :) He seems like a nice guy, and I'm sure he will be a fine voice for our famous mouse. :D

a2zdisney

A previous posted mentioned a rumor that "the new guy" did the voice in "move it, shake it, celebrate it". Is it possible that they used him as an alternate voice BEFORE Wayne passed? It wouldn't be the first time Disney used an "alternate" to do voice work if the main voice talent wasn't available for whatever reason....

IF so, then our first glimpse at Mickey's "new sound" is at 1:52 of THIS video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c1V...2188C8366&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=3

Can anyone confirm or deny whether this is Wayne or Bret?? It sounds, to my ears, a little different from Wayne...
Sorry, I can't confirm or deny, but I do agree, Mickey does sound a bit different than Wayne's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom