The new TTA is just plain annoying now. Another ruined ride.

ssidiouss@mac.c

Original Poster
The classic TTA was one of my favorite rides in WDW.. a very relaxing escape from the lines that I usually never wanted wanted to end because it was so comfy up there. The TTA was one of the few rides that I could do a bunch of times per trip... but not anymore.

The new TTA audio ruins the ride for me. While the classic ride was mostly a silent ride with a few robotic "now approaching mickeys star traders" type of short announcements.. the new audio totally changes the ride. The high pitched and airy voice hardly ever shuts up and just when he does and you begin to relax.. BOOM he starts talking again at length about the next stop like its a bad commercial on the resort tv. So instead of a nice relaxing mostly silent ride that lets you enjoy the ambiance of riding the highway in the sky, now you get an annoying in your face never shuts up commercial.

Like I mentioned above, I used to ride the TTA many times per trip but this last vacation I only did it once and really didnt want to ride the annoying hard-sell of tomorrow land again. Also hearing Mickey, Stitch, and god knows who else yelling at you while your riding the TTA just doesnt seem to fit at all. Its just not the same for me.

Maybe im being picky but this is the 2nd ride that seems almost ruined. The other ride is Spaceship Earth.. I used to hit that ride up as much as possible to enjoy the incredible descent at the end to take in all the music and lights.. which of course now is not there as it has been replaced with a flash based cartoon :hammer:

It really makes me wonder if the same imagineers that redid Pirates and Haunted Mansion are the same dudes that redid Spaceship Earth and the TTA. Somehow Pirates and Haunted Mansion have totally kept their original ambiance while the TTA and Spaceship Earth seem to be have done by the Stitch Great Escape imagineering crew or something.

Luige11

I would have to agree with everything you said. I loved the original voice it always made me feel at home if that makes sense... but now its just not the same to me. I know its the same ride but I miss how it used to be.

rsoxguy

I really do prefer the former version, but the TTA is not ruined for me because of the changes. I'm not sure if it is simply a case of familiarity, but the former version was a better fit for me.

Exprcoofto

I wouldn't call it ruined, but if I'm going to ride it, I'll bring some ear plugs. (otherwise, I'll skip it)

It's defiantly something that needs to be changed.

Master Gracey 5

I'll still ride it several times each trip regardless of what the audio is. To be honest I tuned out the old audio as much as the new one, so it doesn't really affect my ride experience.

Wilt Dasney

Bit off topic, but I remember people mentioning that the new audio calls it "the TTA PeopleMover" when it started. Is that the official name of the thing now, as reflected on park maps and signs?

Horizons1

The ride isn't ruined. It just went back to its roots. An advertisement for the attractions around Tomorrowland. If you don't like this version, you wouldn't have liked ORAC-1 either. But I do agree with the earlier statement that the writing is rather poor. It seems that all attraction scripts are getting dumbed down. Shame.

MissM

Bit off topic, but I remember people mentioning that the new audio calls it "the TTA PeopleMover" when it started. Is that the official name of the thing now, as reflected on park maps and signs?
It's still called "Tomorrowland Transit Authority" on the park maps.

kcnole

The new TTA audio ruins the ride for me. While the classic ride was mostly a silent ride with a few robotic "now approaching mickeys star traders" type of short announcements.. the new audio totally changes the ride. The high pitched and airy voice hardly ever shuts up and just when he does and you begin to relax.. BOOM he starts talking again at length about the next stop like its a bad commercial on the resort tv. So instead of a nice relaxing mostly silent ride that lets you enjoy the ambiance of riding the highway in the sky, now you get an annoying in your face never shuts up commercial.

I actually prefer the new version. I hated the "NOW APPROACHING" spiel. The current version is much closer to the original versions of the peoplemover. The ride was initially a tour of tomorrowland and this version brings that back. I do agree that the script needs a bit of work as well as the voice, but the idea isn't bad.

I actually prefer the new version. I hated the "NOW APPROACHING" spiel. The current version is much closer to the original versions of the peoplemover. The ride was initially a tour of tomorrowland and this version brings that back. I do agree that the script needs a bit of work as well as the voice, but the idea isn't bad.

Im with you, I thought I was probably the only one that enjoyed the new version over the previous.

devoy1701

I hate the new version of the audio...i only like Mr. Living With The Land guy on Living with the Land....he seems out of place on the TTA.

And I have to disagree...while the originial versions of the ride was a guided tour of a "City of Tomorrow" (Tomorrowland in essence), this current tour is nothing more than just a tour of Tomorrowland. There is no imagination in it, no story, nothing more than what you actually see. Kind of unoriginal if you ask me!!!

But i also don't let the new audio affect my love for the ride. It is still VERY relaxing, and I love the new colors that the lights give off at night! Now we need to reopen a few more scenes or windows over the buzz lightyear building

DisneyParksFan

The thing that gets me is that the new narration is a decline in theme and the attraction's close conenction with the land.
It's called Tomorrowland Transit Authority, but the transit part seems left out now.
The witty connections to the land's theme (skyway traffic report, message about keeping tentacles in the car, and the paging of Tom Morrow) are now gone.

And then there's the Space Mountain part.....you cant see anything. It's too dark. That section of the ride has become boring (yes, it is relaxful too). It seems like a wasted opportunity to further promote Space Mountain or to include a new showroom....

redfive13

The thing that gets me is that the new narration is a decline in theme and the attraction's close conenction with the land.
It's called Tomorrowland Transit Authority, but the transit part seems left out now.
The witty connections to the land's theme (skyway traffic report, message about keeping tentacles in the car, and the paging of Tom Morrow) are now gone.

And then there's the Space Mountain part.....you cant see anything. It's too dark. That section of the ride has become boring (yes, it is relaxful too). It seems like a wasted opportunity to further promote Space Mountain or to include a new showroom....

the Tom Morrow part is gone? I feel like I heard the last time I rode it. Has it changed again since October 09?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom