The new articulated bendy Bus

AmongMadPeople

We also saw one of these running at MK in late March. It was picking up the first stop side B, which I think someone said is currently Pop. From what I can tell, this bus is about the length between each stop bar. There would be a need for coordination or holding if two buses are loading adjacent stops in MK. Park closing would be a hassle if several of these were on route, but I think the increased capacity would be worth it.

Polydweller

At a rough guess 112 passengers would be double if not more.:shrug:

Standard bus: 41 seated 80 total (includes 39 standing)
Articulated bus: 62 seated 112 total (includes 50 standing)

So not near double, that's 40% increase in total ,51% seated and 28% standing. The figures are from the Novabus spec sheets.

Tigger#1

That's what we need a road train at Disney
road.jpg

ewensell3

Yeah, I figure there are several low structures across the roads around the property, but I can still wish. They would solve many problems. Now if the dedicated bus roads are ever built, they could be designed to accomodate double deckers.

DrummerAlly

They used these buses at my undergraduate college, Rutgers University (a school that, incidentally, had a transportation system modeled after Disney's). They were quite efficient and practical for transporting large groups of people between locations. I always wondered why Disney didn't start using them sooner. If Rutgers was using them back in 2002 when I first arrived there, there's no reason Disney couldn't have been using them then.

ETA...at Rutgers, we called them "accordian buses" not bendy buses.

Hello fellow Rutgers Grad!!

I'm with you, I think these busses will do well on certain routes! Now, I don't think Disney will be able to put as many people on these busses as Rutgers can stick on a EE at 2pm in the afternoon, but they should still be very efficient.

flavious27

Instead of bendy buses, disney should get double decker buses. They look better and will fit in with most of the existing infrastructure. Also they look better.

Arriva_London_bus_LT2_%28LT61_BHT%29_2011_New_Bus_for_London%2C_Victoria%2C_route_38%2C_27_February_2012.jpg

Just seen photos of the new transportation Bendy bus,seats 112 people.This could be the best thing in Disney transport in years.Hopefully it will get the go ahead by the summer.What does everybody else think?:wave:

The best thing for disney transportation would be a hybrid fleet on bio diesel,with solar panels and regressive braking to power the electrical systems on a bus. Along with that, arrival time boards at all the stops with mobile app support would be a step up. Yes we are on vacation but after walking around all day long, every minute feels like 10 minutes when your legs are hurting.

"Let's spend money on buses instead of monorails! yay!"

They could build multiple gates for the cost of expanding the monorail system. The rule of thumb for a monorail system expansion is $50 - $100 million per mile, so just going from epcot to dhs will be from $300 - $ 600 million+.

G00fyDad

The rule of thumb for a monorail system expansion is $50 - $100 million per mile, so just going from epcot to dhs will be from $300 - $ 600 million+.

$50 - $100 million? :ROFLOL: More like $1.5 million per mile. Still too much to even consider at this point, but not $50 - $100 million.

ToTBellHop

$50 - $100 million? :ROFLOL: More like $1.5 million per mile. Still too much to even consider at this point, but not $50 - $100 million.
It CERTAINLY would cost more than $1.5 million per mile in 2012.

A huge expense would be the generation of 12 new monorails for the existing lines (necessary) and probably 12 more if they wanted lines to the other parks and DTD. 24 new monorail trains ain't cheap (and ain't happening).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom