The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History'

Brer Panther

Do we know if the audio for the show is going to be recorded by the "real" voice actors for each character, or is it going to be live audio by the puppeteers?

Recorded voice actors would of course sound the most "correct", but live audio would allow for more improv and interaction between the characters which IMO is a lot of the charm of the muppets.
Well, for a Muppets show on the Disney Cruise Line, they used soundalike Muppeteers as Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, and Gonzo. Maybe they'll do the same here?

Princess Leia

Other than half of the Muppets being OOC, one of the reasons why I stopped watching the latest Muppet show was because the voices were off. Gonzo was the only Muppet that I thought actually sounded like he was supposed to, so I really hope that they've got better voices for this show.

FigmentJedi

Why did it get backlash?
Character integrity. It cheapens the Muppets when you have multiple voice performers sharing the character. It was this huge controversy early on after Disney bought the Muppets when Disney was sending out casting calls for people that could do decent impressions of the characters for live appearances and such.

Other than half of the Muppets being OOC, one of the reasons why I stopped watching the latest Muppet show was because the voices were off. Gonzo was the only Muppet that I thought actually sounded like he was supposed to, so I really hope that they've got better voices for this show.

That's because Gonzo's Muppeteer Dave Goelz is the only one of the original Muppet performers that's still around.

Steve Whitmire's been doing Kermit since Jim died and was actually trained as his successor for the character, so I don't think its fair to lump him in with Family Guy's "wrong sounding Muppets" complaint.

brb1006

Character integrity. It cheapens the Muppets when you have multiple voice performers sharing the character. It was this huge controversy early on after Disney bought the Muppets when Disney was sending out casting calls for people that could do decent impressions of the characters for live appearances and such.

That's because Gonzo's Muppeteer Dave Goelz is the only one of the original Muppet performers that's still around.

Steve Whitmire's been doing Kermit since Jim died and was actually trained as his successor for the character, so I don't think its fair to lump him in with Family Guy's "wrong sounding Muppets" complaint.
At least the original performer for Constantine was at Villains Unleashed for one night.

The Empress Lilly

Can you prove your point a little more? I see how Muppets can ruin the theme of Liberty Square, but what else has Disney done to the Magic Kingdom?
I don't know where to start. I was in the MK last week, and was heartbroken. :cry:

Upon entering I walked up MS, stressed and rushed because of my fastpass deadline. There was hardly any background music, no show or anything fun. Midway as I stood between the closed West Street and the obnoxious advertisment board for Pandora Jewellery I could barely form a coherent thought about how empty and ugly the view of the castle is because some guy was screaming into a microphone on the castle stage, outshouting the unbelievably loud rock music of Shake It Obnoxify It. What a welcome.

It was all so terribly crass. Infantilised too. Ran in a mean and sorry way to boot. :grumpy:

Pam Hates Penguins

I don't know where to start. I was in the MK last week, and was heartbroken. :cry:

Upon entering I walked up MS, stressed and rushed because of my fastpass deadline. There was hardly any background music, no show or anything fun. Midway as I stood between the closed West Street and the obnoxious advertisment board for Pandora Jewellery I could barely form a coherent thought about how empty and ugly the view of the castle is because some guy was screaming into a microphone on the castle stage, outshouting the unbelievably loud rock music of Shake It Obnoxify It. What a welcome.

It was all so terribly crass. Infantilised too. Ran in a mean and sorry way to boot. :grumpy:

Yeah I was there about three weeks ago. And I think Disneyland is better in the way of Fastpass because you don't have to walk long distances. And today's society of music is so obnoxious and people are buying into it because they think the new is cool so Disney tries to make use of that. Walt would not be happy to see what you saw. It's all about the :greedy:.

Disone

I get that you do not like it, but nothing Disney does will ever satisfy everyone. Sometimes I too and part of the crowd that doesn't like it. You entered the MK during move it shake it, which is why the background music was off. But rest assured, had you entered at about 4:15, there would have been a marching band performing a set in the middle of the street, prior to them would have been the Dapper Dans. In the morning there is Horse Drawn trolley with dancers. Those or more my thing, but I cannot deny the masses the clearly enjoy move it shake. To remove it would be a huge dis-service to all of them. It may not be my cup or tea, or yours, but it is also NOT and example of how the have ruined the MK. If fact, it is one of the most popular entertainment options, which is why it was kept way beyond it promotional life span. I am looking forward to the Muppets, and will judge it on its own accord once I see it. But I can see them blending in just fine.

Disneyhead'71

I think the Muppets fit the theme of the MK and Liberty Square just fine. This is no different than

2011-11-15-12-14-14-2.jpg

CH1188-001.jpg

Which is different than

Holidays-Around-the-World-at-Epcot_Full_9208.jpg

Fife-and-Drum-Corps-American-Adventure-Epcot-Walt-Disney-World.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom