The most GINORMOUS Photo Post EVER! The Land/Soarin', MK, 50th Anniversary Updates!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
thanks for the pics...... i love to topiaries (sp?) of mickey and the gang. i wish i could do that in my backyard....... i think it would freak out the dog! :lol:

thimblekisses

Original Poster
More Pics! Post, part 2!

We're back!
Ok, here's Rafiki, threatening to punt baby Simba. . .
pic4267nm.jpg

Here's the banner for the preview area of Hong Kong Disneyland.
pic4320bx.jpg

Cuuuute PANDAS!
pic4337qa.jpg

Here's part of the monstrously long line to see Davy Jones. . . miles long! We had planned to see him, but gave up when we saw this:
pic4357cb.jpg

Davy Jones flower power poster!
pic4398zn.jpg

A little rehab by American Adventure. . . what are they doing?
pic4415ou.jpg

These banners are pretty.
pic4420bp.jpg

This is the duck that Slade (from the boards, we met up with him) was feeding peanut butter and jelly crusts.
pic4430lw.jpg

Another pretty sign.
pic4445ie.jpg

Topiary of my buddy Tigger!
pic4477sq.jpg

More to come!

nibblesandbits

Thanks so much for the update! I can't wait to see the topiaries in real life...they look absolutely beautiful!

By the way...u guys really do make a cute couple!

thimblekisses

Original Poster
My favorite topiary of the day: Pooh! Complete with red balloon.
pic4482no.jpg

When we visited Animal Kingdom Easter week, we were sad to see that the Bambi topiaries had disappeared. Lo and behold, they transplanted to EPCOT! Yaaaay!
pic4508xg.jpg

Here's Ryland and Slade (Mike) who met up with us, outside the Living Seas after our first experience with Turtle Talk with Crush. Crush asked me a question!
pic4547kt.jpg

In MK, the middle of the monorail station is under rehab. It's getting the automatic gates. A CM told us they'll be updating the "trains" soon, as he put it, and that it takes a month to do each one.
pic4584ur.jpg

We decided to go back to MK for dinner and Wishes.
The Emporium at MK is overrun with 50th Anniversary merchandise. Here is a gold train set. I neeeeed all this stuff!
pic4602bo.jpg

Getting ready to watch Wishes, this kid was guarding these three abandoned bags of garbage. Watch out! He's got him a light saber! Notice the camouflage for maximum invisibility.
pic4647ab.jpg

Ryland shot this pretty picture of Walt and Mickey.
pic4670zy.jpg

Well guys, that's all for now. Look for a special edition Grad Nite post coming in a few weeks!

"See you real soon!"

CaptainMichael

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the tallest spire on the left side of Tokyo Disneyland's Cinderella Castle. If so, the banner hanging in Epcot is incorrect.

I'm looking forward to the Grad Nite update because I'll be there!!!

Budahman

Amazing pictures....thank you for posting them...Cant wait til April 20th.!!

Am I the only one who just dies for the banners WDW comes out with each year.
I wish they were more reasonably priced (on ebay), and but I know no other place to find them.

I only have so much room on my walls too BUT I want them all.!! :)

CaliSurfer182

nicholas said:
Am I the only one that finds it odd that on some of the banners it says "California, Paris, Hong Kong, Tokyo." Three cities and one state. Why not say "Anaheim"?

I guess because California is more recognizable than Anaheim?

Not that it matters. It just struck me as odd.

Great photos!! You guys look like you'd be fun to hang out with in the parks. :D

Like somebody else said California is just probably more recognizable. But only two of the other places are cities. Hong Kong is technically a province of China (since the UK gave it back). Disneyland Hong Kong is on the portion (island) called Lantau, the name of the city escapes me right now but it is definetly not Hong Kong.

CTXRover

STR8FAN2005 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the tallest spire on the left side of Tokyo Disneyland's Cinderella Castle. If so, the banner hanging in Epcot is incorrect.

No, the spire is on the right side in TDL. Their castle is nearly an exact duplicate of the WDW one, although I think there is something different about it, but I don't remember what exactly (its slightly shorter or taller, I think).

The banner's correct :)

thimblekisses

Original Poster
Pongo said:
What did he ask you?!

Well, some kid asked him something like what he did in the water all day and he said he swims and he said you guys yell what you do in the water and we all yelled stuff and he said how many said swim, raise your hands. I did, and he said you, in the gray shell with the gold ears in your lap, do you swim? I said yes. And then he talked with me about swimming.
Turtle Talk with Crush is soooo cool! I can't believe I had never been in the Living Seas before yesterday!

wannabeBelle

Hey Thimblekisses say hello to Slade for me!!! We met at the last Meet in December!!!! Hope to see you all on the Star Wars Weekend in May!!!! Belle

CaptainMichael

thimblekisses said:
What is the difference?

Originally, one spire was on the left and the other on the right. Corrus tried to fix them, but now, they are both on the left which is wrong. I'm not sure how the spire switched sides....odd. I found out from that thread that the only difference is size.

1disneydood

Thank you for the gazillion pics. Can't wait till May 22 when I visit the promise land, err world. :lol:

BTW, where did Ryland score that sweatshirt? I'd like to get one. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom