The mornings are better at Disney World.

DisneyWorldGuru

Original Poster
Have you ever noticed that the mornings at Disney World are a lot better then mornings at home. I mean I wake up at 6am here in NJ and it is very monotonous, yet I wake up at 6am at WDW and there is a special feeling in the air. Maybe it is because you are excited to be at WDW, but the mornings always seem better at Disney World.

Sorry to sound like a nut but this is just one of those unique things that make Disney World, Disney World. Things like the mornings, the smell (see other thread http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10129&highlight=the+wonderful+smell+of+disney ), the employees, and the overall experience that is Disney.

MR. DISNEY

I hear you, I walk down to RF for coffee from the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge go to the main pool and go by the brook, you are all alone and you feel like they did all this for ME:D

General Grizz

You betcha. Too bad there are no Early Entries/Surprise Mornings. :brick: :brick: :brick: Fantasyland and Tomorrowland attractions were done by 9:00. :(

The Mom

Premium Member
Our trips to WDW were one of the few times I didn't have to nag the kids to get up, get dressed, etc! (at least until the teenage years...lol)

There was always something magical about seeing everyone neat and fresh heading for the parks. And something comical (yet satisfying) about seeing them returning exhausted and disheveled (or dishevelled; both are correct) in the evening.

kwt10

I beleive that the Disney feeling starts when I leave my house headed down to WDW. Most times traveling is a hassle but it seems to not be that way if I am going to WDW.

Cyberacer

I wake up at about 6 when I'm in Florida because I'm excited. Normally I wake up at about 7. It's just that wonderful Disney feeling.:rolleyes:

tiggerlover1971

I wake up early when I am at WDW and I am not even tired I guess its my excitement The only problem I have I always end up with some thing wrong with my eyes they get really red and ( just imagine the rest dont want to gross anyone out) and always having to end up wearing glasses instead of my contacts

kal1484

Originally posted by The Mom
Our trips to WDW were one of the few times I didn't have to nag the kids to get up, get dressed, etc! (at least until the teenage years...lol)

I am a teen, and I'm the one who has to push for everyone else to get up :D It's so great to wake up. My dad is usually up, and if we have a balcony, he is usualy out on it, and then leaves the door open, nothing beats feeling the air and it waking you up

Worldphile

Originally posted by tiggerlover1971
I wake up early when I am at WDW and I am not even tired I guess its my excitement The only problem I have I always end up with some thing wrong with my eyes they get really red and ( just imagine the rest dont want to gross anyone out) and always having to end up wearing glasses instead of my contacts

Sounds like you are allergic to something at WDW. You should talk to your eye doctor about a prescription for Patanol, which is an antihistamine eye drop. When I have allaergy attacks, Patanol clears my eyes right up.

Yes worldphile, you are correct. Patanol works great. I prescribe it for my contact lens patients all the time. (Just dont put it in while your contacts are in) Also Tiggerlover, make sure you don't sleep in your contacts while you are there if your eyes are getting red. Sorry for the thread drift, it's just the doctor in me.

As for the special WDW feelings, we drive and there is nothing more exciting than the drive down, stopping at a Cracker Barrel to eat, and then pulling onto property and seeing the first Welcome signs. On the flip side, there is nothing more depressing than the drive back:cry:

tiggerlover1971

Originally posted by Worldphile

Sounds like you are allergic to something at WDW. You should talk to your eye doctor about a prescription for Patanol, which is an antihistamine eye drop. When I have allaergy attacks, Patanol clears my eyes right up.

thanks will do then may be I can wear my contacts instead of having to worry about losing my glasses when I go on rides

tiggerlover1971

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
Yes worldphile, you are correct. Patanol works great. I prescribe it for my contact lens patients all the time. (Just dont put it in while your contacts are in) Also Tiggerlover, make sure you don't sleep in your contacts while you are there if your eyes are getting red. Sorry for the thread drift, it's just the doctor in me.

As for the special WDW feelings, we drive and there is nothing more exciting than the drive down, stopping at a Cracker Barrel to eat, and then pulling onto property and seeing the first Welcome signs. On the flip side, there is nothing more depressing than the drive back:cry:

thanks for the info I will call my doctor and get a prescription before my trip in sept also I dont sleep in my contacts I always take them out i heard that it makes them last longer if I take them out sorry for the thread drift people Oh I love the smell of the disney food courts they always tell me I am at disney

thumper

My husband and I love mornings at Disney. When we there there in May, we had a daily ritual of filling up our WL mugs at RF and then talking a brief walk down to the lake ( which is so serene at 6:30AM!). We love the excitement when you enter a park in the morning as well...you can still see some puddles from the overnight washing of the sidewalks. As soon as we hear the entrance music, we're ready to go for the day!:)

stingrock23

Everything is definitely better in WDW. I could wake up at 5 in the morning and not be grumpy just knowing what awaits me. It's a feeling that cannot be duplicated anywhere else.

I always have trouble waking up early, but once I'm in WDW, I wake up without any problems. As a matter of fact, I'm always teh one nagging my parents to wake up. I always want to be in the park early...:)

dixiegirl

my disney feeling starts as im on the way to the airport......woooohoooooo knowing thats it its the day......my husband and i never really sleep in when we are at disney.....something about being there....makes you wanna get in every moment......ok this sounds rather idiotic....... but i love when you open the door when you leave your resort room and the heat hits you in the face........well also that and it seems you dont mind it as much in disney.......its like the air is magical.........yes im sooooooo corny...but its true.....i also luv the first glimse you get as your about to go into the main entrance where the sign is that say "WALT DISNEY WORLD".....luv that.........ok last buit not least.......(.i could go on..).......as your walking up main street and you see the castle........its just breathtaking.......:hammer:

Originally posted by dixiegirl
i also luv the first glimse you get as your about to go into the main entrance where the sign is that say "WALT DISNEY WORLD".....

So do I! Every time I visit, I always try and take photos of the sign. Also, ever since my very fist visit, I watch out for the Earfull Tower, because it's always the first thing I see on my way to Disney.

Nut4Disney

I feel the same as you all. I usually try to sleep as late as possible, but at WDW I'm up at 6:00, and ready to go have breakfast. It's strange, but the air smells better, the orange juice tastes better, and everyone is in such a good mood in the morning on the monorail/buses. (on the way home can be a different story :lol: )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom