The MK transit situation is becoming STUPID!

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Post MSEP tonight --

No Monorails
Ferry standstill for 20+ minutes

Guess Resort boats are the only reliable mode of transportation.

Time to fill in the moat and move the parking lot?

Whew, we are just now departing the dock. the other ferry has been waiting to dock for over 10 minutes.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Monorails just started back up as well. They is a 4-5 ferry backup of guests backing up almost to the gates.

Ugh!

Jakester

I hope this isnt the situation on Monday around 1:20am (Not the Sunday EMH).

When the Monorails went down in December 2009 for a few hours after closing, i almost was caught on one (Lingering in the park saved me i guess)

Brian Noble

There is a reason that they've *NEVER* built another park with the "opening sequence" of the Magic Kingdom. It was a great, very creative idea. But, it can be a total disaster if anything goes even slightly wrong.

mickeysaver

There is a reason that they've *NEVER* built another park with the "opening sequence" of the Magic Kingdom. It was a great, very creative idea. But, it can be a total if anything goes even slightly wrong.

Truer words have never been spoken on this board. :ROFLOL:

Pioneer Hall

There is a reason that they've *NEVER* built another park with the "opening sequence" of the Magic Kingdom. It was a great, very creative idea. But, it can be a total if anything goes even slightly wrong.

Which is why we know there will never be an expansion to the monorail system. When that thing goes down, it can be an absolute disaster. Buses might not be magical, but it only take a little while to recover from a problem with no problems for people who aren't on that bus.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Ha, my parents left the gate 10 minutes after we did and they JUST got to their car -- 95 minutes later.

That's pretty messed up.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Given there was no weather issue tonight in the area, the only reason I could think of that would cause the ferries to be held up are either the water pageant, which crosses the channel at 9:25 and 10:20, or some kind of medical emergency or suspicious package on the boat. If the first MSEP was at 9 and that's when this happened, I'd bet it was the water pageant, in which case I say...nothing new. It happens every night at the same time.

edit: It was an alpha unit call with a 5 minute hold time. Typical ferry unload/load time is 10 minutes but increased when there are full boats(hint: GO UPSTAIRS PPL!). Thus, I could see how the line would appear to be non moving for 15 minutes. 20 seems a bit excessive though.

NemoRocks78

Seized
I've NEVER liked the whole transportation to MK deal. Call it magical or whatever but this is a prime example of why it's no good. It's a nice perk for resort guests, but what a pain it is to just get back to your car every night for the average guest/passholder.

AEfx

There is a reason that they've *NEVER* built another park with the "opening sequence" of the Magic Kingdom. It was a great, very creative idea. But, it can be a total cluster-**** if anything goes even slightly wrong.

Yeah, if not fill it - build a walk-way over it. It's not THAT far...

I completely agree - it is a lovely idea, but in practice it's just become just a pain a lot of the time that it just makes me roll my eyes sometimes.

That said, I doubt any changes will ever occur. I can't imagine them undergoing the expense of any possible solution.

TP2000

I couldn't agree more.

There have been times when I ferry over across the Seven Seas Lagoon on a clear winters day and it does just look wonderful.

But too many times I've been caught in disastrous crowds and sullen experiences leaving the park at the end of the night. This latest mess, in a lengthening list of messes involving transportation this summer, sounds miserable.

They really need to figure out something regarding the transportation troubles all over the WDW property. I'm embarassed for them. :eek:

puntagordabob

wait til there is no monorail at close at all..... that'll be awesome!

"New Perk for Fall 2011 Resort Guests: Now when you leave the Magic Kingdom after evening EMH your journey back to your resort or the TTC will be a continuation of the Adventure! Will you Walk? Will you brave one of our smallest transport boats? (note: this choice will be enhanced during thunderstorms so run to those boats when you see an incoming storm!).Or board one of our 'Bus Cruises' for a truly Magical journey where youll get to meet many of your fellow Guests up close and personal" in reeeally small print "all monorails and large ferry craft will not operate"

....Let the Memories Begin.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom