The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Rich T

It’s confusing because Covid protocols dont change how Mermaid is being loaded at all. Are they missing some of the clamshells or something? It it could just be the overall lack of ride capacity at the park coupled with the fact that it’s one of two indoor rides for all ages.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they have to constantly stop the ride in order to wake up sleeping passengers at the unload zone.

lazyboy97o

True but if the shows are attraction based there is much less pressure to be a Bob Iger love letter.
Most major attractions have had some sort of update since 2005, all of which can be ego stroking. You don’t think an episode on “it’s a small world” will prominently feature the Disney character changes? Or the movie changes to Pirates of the Caribbean? Or the compulsive tinkering with The Haunted Mansion?

Sbk1234

This is interesting
This is cool! I loved their Imagineering series, and even then commented that a good follow-up would be to focus on individual attractions. Nice to know that the good people at Disney and I are thinking alike! lol.

smooch

This is interesting

Interesting that it's being worked on by the same studio / company / whatever they would be considered that made The Toys That Made Us on Netflix, I really enjoyed that show. I am sure as others said there will b e ego stroking on rides with recent changes, but as long as that isn't the majority of what they talk about (which they won't with so much history for each ride) then I can look past that section of the episode for each ride.

Mac Tonight

True but if the shows are attraction based there is much less pressure to be a Bob Iger love letter.
Unfortunately, while there might be some historical footage at play, I fear a good portion of this will be about how these attractions are now functioning at their peak of awesomeness because they carry a heavy dose of Bob Iger's taint.

I do hope I'm wrong though.

Last edited:

CaptinEO

Unfortunately, while there might be some historical footage at play, I fear a good portion of this will be about how these attractions are now functioning at their peak of awesomeness because they carry a heavy dose of Bob Iger's taint.

I do hope I'm wrong though.
I'm sure it'll be a Bob Iger, Bob Chapek, and Kim Irving kissing piece like the last documentary.

George Lucas on a Bench

20210603_181322.jpg

This one has grown on me. It isn't perfect and it isn't remotely as good as Flume or Extra-Terrestrial Adventure, but it's quite pleasing after a few burns.

CaptinEO

Cam Irving will appear more than everyone else in every episode and ultimately just make everything about her while insulting Disney fans that dare question the awful changes to beloved classics.
It's so funny how most companies listen to feedback, Disney just tells their fans that they are wrong to disagree with them.

Californian Elitist

Just finished Falcon and the Winter Soldier. I really enjoyed the deep dive into character development! T I feel like that's something that can be done more adequately in a ministries format. I hope they do more. Loved it.
I finished it yesterday and I definitely agree with you. I enjoyed it more than WandaVision. I’m looking forward to Loki and I hope they all get picked up for more episodes.

waltography

Just finished Falcon and the Winter Soldier. I really enjoyed the deep dive into character development! T I feel like that's something that can be done more adequately in a ministries format. I hope they do more. Loved it.
If it means anything, Disney submitted WandaVision in all the limited series categories but FatWS in all drama categories for Emmy noms, so fingers crossed we get another season! Who knows? When all is said and done the title might just be Captain America and the White Wolf.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom