The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

truecoat

If everything works out for our August trip, it looks like we have the opportunity to avoid LAX and fly into Burbank airport for the first time ever. Anyone have any experience with this airport? Anything I should know? Any transportation from this airport to the Disneyland resort that stands out against the others? TIA!

Also doing an August trip but to my surprise, we can fly into John Wayne.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Also doing an August trip but to my surprise, we can fly into John Wayne.
That's my favorite airport to fly into when going to Disneyland.

I flew into John Wayne on my Nov 2019 trip and taking Lyft to and from the airport to my hotel near the parks was $27 and $20 respectively. When I flew into Long Beach (which is a quaint little airport) in Jan 2020 the Lyft rides were closer to $40. The cheaper airfare was overridden by the more expensive rideshare cost. I've never flown into Burbank like @Curious Constance is doing, but I think that distance is twice as long which is probably why Lyft is estimating it being closer to $100 each way.

DrAlice

When my fandoms collide..... 😍

From the Disney Parks Blog Facebook post:
"Disney photographers captured these stunning photos of SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket, with Crew Dragon atop, soaring above Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom Park and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios early this morning!
💫
📸
Photo Cred: Kent Phillips and David Roark"

1619197465238.png
1619197495080.png

"

Sharon&Susan

This is interesting, found this manga comic on the Japanese Disney site explaining/advertising what the American parks are for Japanese who are only familiar with TDR: https://www.disney.co.jp/park/news/resort/210326.html?

I can provide translations if anyone’s curious what any of this says.
What's with the Arendale part? I assume they're plugging Fantasy Springs, but I'm confused about how it gets from AK back to TDL talk.

Rich T

This is fun: Remember a few years ago when Disney put a Zemekis-directed Mo-Cap Yellow Submarine remake into production and then killed it? Pre-Production animatics and storyboards with temp soundtracks are turning up. This reel covers much of the first act, from the attack on Pepperland to Eleanor Rigby. (Ignore the video’s creepy thumbnail 😃)

Gotta say (and I’m a huge fan of the original), I like a lot of what they were going for here, especially the idea that what happens in Pepperland affects Liverpool’s residents as well.
Love the character designs for Ringo, Paul. Capt. Fred and The Lord Mayor.

The scene of the Apple Bonkers coming for the Mayor is... chilling.

Wish this hadn’t been canceled, even though I know tthese wonderful drawings would have been translated to CGI mocap... and might have lost their charm in the process.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Hopefully no symptoms for you! I had a lot of body aches for my first shot, most likely because I’ve had COVID. The second shot was much better for me.
They say that those who had COVID react much worse since its the body finding out it had invaders and taking care of it. Shows the vaccine is doing its job.

But so far no symptoms after the 2nd shot for me other than the sore arm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom