The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

BayouShack

Nothing beyond an interrupted sleep cycle. I think the first one woke me up, because I was conscious for the entirety of the second. It lasted long enough for me to wonder if it was The Big One, and I should be getting out of bed.

DrAlice

It lasted long enough for me to wonder if it was The Big One, and I should be getting out of bed.
The mark of a true Californian. :D

My husband is not originally from CA and I remember his first middle-of-the-night earthquake. I remember it because he woke me up in a panic. I said, "did it knock anything off a shelf or the walls?" When he said no, I scolded him for waking me up for "not even a 4 pointer" and told him to go back to sleep. 🤣

We live in the central valley now. It's been so long since I've felt an earthquake, I'd probably panic at this point too. 🤷‍♀️

mickEblu

Original Poster
Like it does wherever it strikes, politics reared it's ugly head and drew lines in the sand that never existed before on this forum. Where the parks were once a welcome break from reality and a chance to spend a day free from thinking in political terms, now it seems almost impossible to separate the two.

I hope these political changes don’t start effecting my time at the park. I’m wondering if I’ll be able to not think about them since there are so many political changes at the same time and because they are so open in the park blog posts about being “inclusive.” I’m hoping that the political correctness of it all will fade over time. I’m sure the first few visits it will be hard to escape from but I’d like to think that after enough time we won’t think about it anymore... well except for Splash Mountain. I could see most people moving past the JC changes pretty easily. As well as something along the lines of the future Peter Pans Flight changes. Of course by then it’ll be something new like gender neutral or princes and princesses if it’s still ok to call them that that is. I read an article that in one of the Disney parks they are starting to use gender neutral terms for announcements. Didn’t fact check and not sure if it’s true. I’d imagine that would happen here before it happened overseas.

The majority of people seem to be Ok with the POTC changes. I still consider it the best attraction of all time even if they keep chipping away at it.

Basically I’m hoping it’s like the other things we gloss over at the park because we re just trying to enjoy ourselves yet analyze to death on these boards.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I'm so impressed

I dunno. There are waaay too many cuts in this video with out adjusting the time on running count down timer. This could have been done over multiple rides or different days wearing the same clothes. If he had posted it straight with no cuts I would be impressed but I am calling this video suspect. I don't believe it until there is a uncut video.

Californian Elitist

Just got this in my email. I’m looking forward to returning to the annual John Williams concert, if they’re even putting that on this year.

D68B783D-E44B-4D12-9ECA-5456528FD3E1.jpeg

smooch

Despite my essential frontline status, I was only able to receive The Vaccine yesterday, the single dose Johnson & Johnson, or Janssen. At first, I felt kinda good but like Titanic, my situation really deteriorated between the hours of midnight and 2AM. I feel like death, but I'm doing my part to Stop the Spread by subjecting myself to a Coronavirus infection.
Congrats on getting the vaccine, sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I hope you're able to just rest and recover soon!

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Despite my essential frontline status, I was only able to receive The Vaccine yesterday, the single dose Johnson & Johnson, or Janssen. At first, I felt kinda good but like Titanic, my situation really deteriorated between the hours of midnight and 2AM. I feel like death, but I'm doing my part to Stop the Spread by subjecting myself to a Coronavirus infection.
That sucks. My parents got the two-dose Pfizer vaccine and while my dad was fine after the second dose, my mom woke up at 3am totally sick and couldn't eat anything for over 24 hours. She said it was the worst she's ever felt.

Californian Elitist

My best friend is currently going through the same thing. I’m hoping these symptoms pass for you sooner rather than later.

smooch

I know my mom felt sick after her second dose of Pfizer and it was severe but short, had chills and felt sick and awful in general but it went away within around 24 hours. I don't know anybody else who has had a reaction where they felt sick, the second worst I heard was one friend was just tired / fatigued for the rest of the evening after their shot and was fine the next day. I'm curious if it's because the J&J vaccine isn't mRNA as far as I'm aware like the 2 doses vaccines are, so maybe the side effects of it are more severe. Again, wishing the best for you George, and hopefully you will be able to get out and do more things and feel safe now that you are vaccinated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom