The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Rich T

Planet Coaster Console Edition just added Peoplemovers, Rock-O-Planes, Barbershop Quartets, Barbequed Ribs, Popcorn carts, Chinese Dragons, Motorbike coasters, 50’s Diners and about a gazillion other things. My XBox gets no rest this weekend.

Rich T

BEDDE64C-CCD8-4C53-BA26-D47EFE832A4E.jpeg

Personally, I do think Peppa Pig is a work of genius, but... a whole separate park? Talk about putting all your eggs in one basket—Is Peppa Pig popular enough in the U. S. to make this work?

lazyboy97o

View attachment 535282
Personally, I do think Peppa Pig is a work of genius, but... a whole separate park? Talk about putting all your eggs in one basket—Is Peppa Pig popular enough in the U. S. to make this work?
Seems like a gimmick to sell hotel rooms by making the Resort in the middle of nowhere look more like a resort. Something built in a year isn’t going to be that big or elaborate.

Rich T

Seems like a gimmick to sell hotel rooms by making the Resort in the middle of nowhere look more like a resort. Something built in a year isn’t going to be that big or elaborate.
I really do wish them success; the Peppa Pig World in Paultons Park is one of the most cohesive and well-done family areas ever... but that’s just one land and seems the perfect size for that IP. I know Florida Legoland has an unusual history— Is there any still-unused part of the Old Cypress Gardens that’s going to help this make sense?

But, come to think of it, even if they just clone everything from Paultons and add a half dozen more flat rides, they’d probably end up with a better park than current Epcot or Hollywood Studios. 😃

Rich T

All I know is that my friend with a young daughter got so irritated by it that he told her the show had been cancelled!
That poor kid!!!😀 Personally, I think it’s brilliant, and funny even for parents on a Muppet-level, full of sarcastic lines, gently dark humor and backhanded compliments that kids won’t understand until they’re much older.

Rich T

How funny, I've never heard the show described that way. Of course, I haven't ever had a reason to see it.
I watched several episodes when a bit about Peppa’s awful phone manners went viral a while back, and was surprised at how terrific the writers are at making a show that, while clearly aimed at preschoolers, is simultaneously talking to the parents. For instance, Grandpa Pig finds a historic relic buried in the yard. He and Peppa take it to the museum curator to check its worth. Not only is it valuable, but the curator instantly claims it for the museum and locks it up, then happily says to the dismayed, ripped-off Grandpa, “But you can visit it anytime, my good Sir, and you get in for half price because you are OLD!”

Like that. All with English accents. 😃

Darkbeer1

>>This was the most realistic instance that Jimenez, or Sullinger, has seen.

“I thought I’d seen them all, but I guess not,” Jimenez said. “This is something that’s straight out of the log ride at Knotts Berry Farm or Disneyland.”<<

Darkbeer1

Boomers Irvine is now OPEN!!!

Outdoor Attractions Available

• Mini-Golf
  • Thunder Road Go-karts
  • Rookie Go-karts
  • Batting Cages
  • Outdoor Dining
Personally, I am happy, as the Irvine Lanes Partnership is the landlord for Boomers, and I am a minority partner of said partnership. The Bowling Alley remains closed due to the Governor's orders. We took a serious loss in 2020 (over a Million), where we would have normally show that as a profit.

Darkbeer1

Boomers Irvine is now OPEN!!!

Outdoor Attractions Available

• Mini-Golf
  • Thunder Road Go-karts
  • Rookie Go-karts
  • Batting Cages
  • Outdoor Dining
Personally, I am happy, as the Irvine Lanes Partnership is the landlord for Boomers, and I am a minority partner of said partnership. The Bowling Alley remains closed due to the Governor's orders. We took a serious loss in 2020 (over a Million), where we would have normally show that as a profit.

So when my wonderful wife work up, I shared the news... She asked, how can they open, aren't amusement Parks still closed under Governor Newsom's orders?

And while Boomers has some Amusement Rides (which remain closed), the location qualifies under the category of "Family Entertainment Center".

And from an earlier version of the CA guidance....

>>PURPOSE
This document provides guidance for family entertainment center operators to support a safe, clean environment for workers and customers. Examples of such businesses include bowling alleys, miniature golf, batting cages, arcades, and movie theaters.

NOTE: This guidance is not intended for ice rinks, roller rinks, laser tag arenas, etc., where guests are less able to maintain physical distancing of at least six feet, where a central part of the activity is circulating in the space, and which can accommodate a large number of guests who are mainly from different households. It is not intended for amusement, theme, or water parks; however, these types of parks that have stand-alone bowling alleys, miniature golf, arcades, movie theaters, etc., may open those operations provided they adhere to applicable state and local guidance and keep other attractions closed including amusement park rides. Discontinue demonstrations, such as magic, live animal shows etc., unless physical distancing and sanitation protocols can be met. Family entertainment centers with convention space, rentable meeting rooms, other areas for private events such as birthday parties, etc., should keep those areas closed until such activities are allowed to resume modified or full operation through a specific reopening order and guidance. Family entertainment centers with restaurants, bars, coffee shops, gift shops, museums and interactive exhibits, etc., should refer to guidance on such industries as it becomes available on the COVID-19 Resilience Roadmap website. Even with adherence to physical distancing, convening in a setting bringing multiple different households to engage in the same activity carries a relatively higher risk for widespread transmission of the COVID-19 virus, and may result in increased rates of infection, hospitalization, and death, especially among more vulnerable populations. *Movie theaters must therefore limit attendance to 25% of theater capacity or a maximum of 100 attendees, whichever is lower. The California Department of Public Health, in consultation with county Departments of Public Health, will review and assess the impact of these imposed limits on public health and provide further direction as part of a phased-in restoration of leisure activities.<<

A good example of a "mixed" park is Castle Park in Riverside, the park Bud Hurlbut built. They are operating their Mini Golf Courses under the FEC rules, while keeping its Amusement Park area closed.

Last edited:

No Name

WandaVision comes out at 12am on the west coast but 3am on the east coast. 😡 With Marvel shows being released every week a movie isn’t in 2021, it’s looking like the west coast is the best coast and the east coast is the least coast.

No Name

Also the guy who wrote that article exposing TP2000 is back on this site. I like him though. He may have helped save the east coast’s Tower of Terror, a reason why the east coast is the beast coast and the west coast is the less coast.

SuddenStorm

Also the guy who wrote that article exposing TP2000 is back on this site. I like him though. He may have helped save the east coast’s Tower of Terror, a reason why the east coast is the beast coast and the west coast is the less coast.

I'm just amazed TDA had kept Troy on their payroll this past year, this time to sway opinion to be positive about Disneyland reopening in the midst of a pandemic.

Honestly, @TP2000 should be grateful to have survived the layoffs and the furloughs. He's obviously critical to Disney's corporate strategy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom