The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

SuddenStorm

We’ve probably talked about this before, I always get the feeling that management is more lax at dlr compared to wdw. California vibe? I can see it being nice in some ways, but in others it can really break the magic. We were always under the threat of being “termed” if we were caught wearing our costume anywhere in public but our location out there. Granted it would still happen, but I think I’ve seen it way more here and it’s not like I live down the street from dlr as I did from wdw

We definitely have talked about this. Yep- Anaheim doesn't care at all about keeping costumes within their designated land/attraction. I've seen Cars Land costumed people walking through Adventureland.

My least favorite? Costumed employees chilling at the pickup/drop off zone on Harbor with the guests. Again, well within their right to do so- but not a good look if we're trying to sell Disneyland as a 'show' with them as a 'cast'.

socalifornian

We definitely have talked about this. Yep- Anaheim doesn't care at all about keeping costumes within their designated land/attraction. I've seen Cars Land costumed people walking through Adventureland.

My least favorite? Costumed employees chilling at the pickup/drop off zone on Harbor with the guests. Again, well within their right to do so- but not a good look if we're trying to sell Disneyland as a 'show' with them as a 'cast'.
Yeah dude. They should really have their own transpo system take the CPs back to Carnegie, it’s just down the street. Or at least pick them up somewhere a little more descrete, like this spot where I’ve seen other city busses sit
83378E01-E13B-499C-AF90-FF9304841FBA.jpeg

BayouShack

We definitely have talked about this. Yep- Anaheim doesn't care at all about keeping costumes within their designated land/attraction. I've seen Cars Land costumed people walking through Adventureland. I’d frankly be too embarrassed to be so blatantly in the wrong costume. Some costumes blend in better with other lands than others. Those RSR jumpsuits stand out.

I deleted a long response I had that amounted to me describing how the first situation you mentioned will always be an issue.

As long as Disneyland continues to run parades, there will be long stretches of the day when it’s impossible to circumvent the resort using backstage roads. The pinch point between Small World and the Roundhouse means it has to be blocked off from foot and tram traffic anytime near when the parade is going on. And there’s nothing you can really do about it. The Roundhouse is already as close to the 5 onramp as possible.

Best case scenario, you deal with Tomorrowland CMs on Main Street for a few hours each day.

A CM who switches between both parks might only have proxy for Ball lot, so you’ll see DCA CMs in DL.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

Yeah dude. They should really have their own transpo system take the CPs back to Carnegie, it’s just down the street. Or at least pick them up somewhere a little more descrete, like this spot where I’ve seen other city busses sit
View attachment 494638

That would be nice, though CP's do get access to the ART line (if I remember correctly- I never used it). I'm talking normal CM's at the pickup zone used by guests.

Californian Elitist

The Fantasyland uniform warehouse is separate from the regular warehouse and is much further away (at least it was when I worked there). I felt weird leaving the park with my uniform on sometimes, but I would be so exhausted and sometimes irritated and didn’t feel like walking all the way to that warehouse after clocking out, change, then walk all the way back.

mickEblu

Original Poster
The Tamatoa scene in Moana is probably my favorite scene in any Disney Movie In a while. Really grew on me. First time I saw it at the movies thought it was kind of awkward and that it didn’t fit in with the movie.

Last edited:

D.Silentu

As for the costuming issue, I suppose Disney could invest in a series of uniformly themed lightweight mackintosh coats to be worn when leaving ones costumed zone. This wouldn't help much with cast members in costume outside of the park, but it would lend to more continuity within.

DrAlice

The Tamatoa scene in Moana is probably my favorite scene in any Disney Movie In a while. Really grew on me. First time I saw it at the movies thought it was kind of awkward and that it didn’t fit in with the movie.
It's a favorite scene in our house. So many quotable moments in that song...... :D

SuddenStorm

That's the Jemaine Clement song right?

Absolutely love his work. If you haven't seen them, Flight of the Conchords (the show) and What We Do in the Shadows (the movie) are both a must watch!

mickEblu

Original Poster
That's the Jemaine Clement song right?

Absolutely love his work. If you haven't seen them, Flight of the Conchords (the show) and What We Do in the Shadows (the movie) are both a must watch!

Yes which I just found out recently talking to my brother in law. Definitely going to check them out!

Rich T

DL fans are funny sometimes (myself included).

Take the matter of CMs passing through an area their costume doesn’t match. Not ideal, but... is that reeeally an immersion-shatterer?

Compared to the dozens of strollers parked everywhere? Half the passengers of any given attraction filming the ride on their phones? The cartoon merch everyone’s wearing and scarfing popcorn from in a non-matching land?

The CM’s personality and attitude are what’s important. A wrong-theme costume briefly glimpsed is... nothing. Y’know what Bad Show is? Bad Show is broken AAs. Bad Show is the entirety of Pixar Pier. Bad Show is the Peoplemover track rotting in full view during Iger’s entire term. Bad show is the price charged for ANYTHING on Disney property.

Mac Tonight

On today's edition of "this could only happen in 2020..." it seems that Metallica has a strange connection with the upcoming Jungle Cruise movie.

Californian Elitist

DL fans are funny sometimes (myself included).

Take the matter of CMs passing through an area their costume doesn’t match. Not ideal, but... is that reeeally an immersion-shatterer?

Compared to the dozens of strollers parked everywhere? Half the passengers of any given attraction filming the ride on their phones? The cartoon merch everyone’s wearing and scarfing popcorn from in a non-matching land?

The CM’s personality and attitude are what’s important. A wrong-theme costume briefly glimpsed is... nothing. Y’know what Bad Show is? Bad Show is broken AAs. Bad Show is the entirety of Pixar Pier. Bad Show is the Peoplemover track rotting in full view during Iger’s entire term. Bad show is the price charged for ANYTHING on Disney property.

I had to pass through Main Street and sometimes Tomorrowland to get to my post in Fantasyland every day. The Fantasyland rest area sits right on the edge of Frontierland. A Tomorrowland CM was in Fantasyland selling popcorn one day because the help was needed.

The guests in general don’t care. I didn’t care about being seen passing through different lands. I was just passing through. I agree with what you said about bad show and what it is.

DrAlice

On today's edition of "this could only happen in 2020..." it seems that Metallica has a strange connection with the upcoming Jungle Cruise movie.

When two of my fan worlds collide......

Do I want these two worlds colliding? I'm not sure how to feel about this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom