The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
whatever the reason the age really doesnt matter. its a fictional tale

i disagree. What if they said she was 12?
That fact that it’s a fictional movie with singing crabs and fish make it more of a head scratcher for me. If it was a historically accurate period piece that would be different. Anyway just a miscellaneous thought and something that strikes me as an odd/ unnecessary choice. I’m not asking for them to ban the Little Mermaid ride at DCA. Well not for this reason anyway. Haha.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

i disagree. What if they said she was 12?
That fact that it’s a fictional movie with singing crabs and fish make it more of a head scratcher for me. If it was a historically accurate period piece that would be different. Anyway just a miscellaneous thought and something that strikes me as an odd/ unnecessary choice. I’m not asking for them to ban the Little Mermaid ride at DCA. Well not for this reason anyway. Haha.
I get where you are coming from but to me since its not important to the story it doesn't matter. Oh by the way I purchased one of those "save the mountain" shirts off ebay. it will be here next week.

J4546

Downtown DIsney in CA needs a small Disney Theater that has 2 or 3 screens and always has classics playing. IMagine a beautiful ornate disney theater right where the disney quest building was supposed to go. Thatd be great to schedule a viewing of Dark Crystal or A Goofy Movie on a trip, or it being open till midnight/after the park closes thatd be a great way to extend my stay a few hours.

Sharon&Susan

Downtown DIsney in CA needs a small Disney Theater that has 2 or 3 screens and always has classics playing. IMagine a beautiful ornate disney theater right where the disney quest building was supposed to go. Thatd be great to schedule a viewing of Dark Crystal or A Goofy Movie on a trip, or it being open till midnight/after the park closes thatd be a great way to extend my stay a few hours.
That'd be a great idea! They could always reuse the old AMC theater, especially since there seemingly aren't any plans for it in the near fture.

mickEblu

Original Poster

This is a nice idea I’m theory but I think would ultimately play to empty to theatres. Might work during these Strange times where people are super bored. I’m normal conditions I can see it working if they tied these movies with limited merch opportunities. Then they would be a guaranteed hit.

Phroobar

I remember the hotels have rooms that are always playing Disney movies as a cast member babysits toddlers.

smooch

I remember the hotels have rooms that are always playing Disney movies as a cast member babysits toddlers.

When my brothers and I were little I remember always watching those with my mom when my dad would check us in. I remember once in specific we stayed at the Grand Californian and I don't know the exact reason but there was some sort of problem keeping the cast members from being able to check people in (maybe the computers went down and they tried to wait or switch to manual? I'm really not sure) for a while so our whole family (and plenty of others) gathered by the TV while they played classic cartoons, it really helped with waiting for the delay.

J4546

instead of building mickey and minnies rr in toontown disneyland, they should use that as a toontown expansion that will eventually lead to gaining access for expansion on the northern part of the park. relocating aneheim building and others you could use that area for a huge expansion. Build the eastern gateway parking garage and expand cali adventures and put mmrr in hollywood land

Disney Irish

Premium Member
instead of building mickey and minnies rr in toontown disneyland, they should use that as a toontown expansion that will eventually lead to gaining access for expansion on the northern part of the park. relocating aneheim building and others you could use that area for a huge expansion. Build the eastern gateway parking garage and expand cali adventures and put mmrr in hollywood land
Nice idea, but that ship has probably already set sail.

Figments Friend

So after everything that has happen this year, do you think this year will top off with alien disclosure?

Psst.....take a look at this and prepare thyself!

image.jpeg

Next month, my friend.
;)

-

Figments Friend

I wish we’d get SOME news ( about Disneyland re-opening )
Even if it’s a date fairly far into the future, at least it would be something.
This forum is about to blow away liked a tumbleweed soon.

Tell me about it....

Still sitting here drooling over the absolutely amazing air fares from BOS to either SNA or LGB I've been watching since last month.
Insane pricing I so want to jump on, but with no official announcement of re-opening I cannot do a dang thing.
And that's okay, I can wait and watch from the sidelines ....but MAN -

Currently $150 RT to either SNA or LGB from Boston on American and other carriers for September.
Coast to coast, one stop.
Unheard of!!!
That is the average rate for what I would be paying for a two hour, non-stop flight to Orlando FL's MCO in the 'off season'.
Today, it's currently $105 RT to Orlando, Fl on several carriers.
So for $45 dollars more, I could fly to the West Coast.
Yes, please...!

Boston, MA to Southern California...for $150...ROUND TRIP!

Gah!!

( bangs head against wall....)

-

Last edited:

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

You’re missing the point, which is that she kills herself in the original story but obviously not in the movie. The Disney movie is so incredibly loosely based on the source material that the age is an unnecessary detail to keep.

On another note I think the movie absolutely sucks.
Don't be a bad egg ok?

brb1006

Mary Costa, (the original voice of "Aurora" from Disney's Sleeping Beauty) just made a digital letter asking Disney Fans to stop contacting her.
wNXFGaC.jpg

Costa is not the first Disney-connected artist to be overwhelmed by fan mail. Back in the 1980s, director and animator Ward Kimball used to complain that fans wouldn’t stop sending him mail and asking for answers to basic questions that they could easily look up in a book. On at least one occasion, Kimball wrote back a nonsensical letter to a fan, telling a friend that he hoped word would spread that he was no longer cognitively functional so that Disney fans would stop writing him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom