The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Rich T

In my 44 years of life, I can only remember falling asleep wacthing 3 movies in the theaters. Up was one of them.
It clearly wasn’t for you. Every movie ever made has probably had someone fall asleep in the theater. Especially Tron (I saw it opening day at Mann’s Chinese Theater and toward the end a guy behind me started for-real full-volume snoring.)

brb1006

So one of my ways of coping during the Covid-19 pandemic (outside of watching The Simpsons from Season 1 till 8 on Disney+) is watching the Snow White Live from Radio City Music Hall from the late 70s and early 80s.
Apparently a major reason for this show never gaining a home release is due to a dispute with one of the actors. This show did air on HBO and Disney Channel at one point in time. Also Dopey actually says something!

D.Silentu

Yes, truly a rough year for the biggest recent development in the theme park realm. Putting aside things out of Disney's control, the path to making the land successful seems clear at this point. Rumors support that Disney was considering corrective measures and I hope that in the second year we can see those realized.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Yes, truly a rough year for the biggest recent development in the theme park realm. Putting aside things out of Disney's control, the path to making the land successful seems clear at this point. Rumors support that Disney was considering corrective measures and I hope that in the second year we can see those realized.

I wouldn’t hold my breath. All of the major corrective measures like the dinner show restaurant and thrill ride will take longer than a year even in a good economy. Unless you just mean rolling out BB8. That could happen.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I just started thinking of the old Conan the Barbarian show at USH. Wouldn’t a dark indoor Jedi vs Sith lightsaber stunt show entertain more people than watching Chewie and Rey look at a static spaceship? They could have found a way to make an indoor or outdoor theatre work within the context of Batuu. The way they Underused the 14 acres is criminal and the fact that this is a Star Wars land where not one lightsaber duel can be found is crazy.

Sharon&Susan

I just started thinking of the old Conan the Barbarian show at USH. Wouldn’t a dark indoor Jedi vs Sith lightsaber stunt show entertain more people than watching Chewie and Rey look at a static spaceship? They could have found a way to make an indoor or outdoor theatre work within the context of Batuu. The way they Underused the 14 acres is criminal and the fact that this is a Star Wars land where not one lightsaber duel can be found is crazy.
The lack of lightsaber duels is just Disney's way of being accurate to the Sequel Trilogy. :cool:

D.Silentu

I wouldn’t hold my breath. All of the major corrective measures like the dinner show restaurant and thrill ride will take longer than a year even in a good economy.
It isn't that I expect any of this to happen quickly, but I'm encouraged that Disney is talking about improvements. It seems a more typical response for them to blame a fickle public and drop the matter.
I like this and think it would be nice to fold these ideas into an expanded Jedi Training Academy. I gather that most here agree the show would find a natural home at Galaxy's Edge. It would do wonders for the interactivity in the area. Let the kids trigger force based special effects and the actors handle the lightsaber dueling.
Something that occurred to me, is a flaw with having Rey and Vi as walk around characters. Cosplay has gotten so refined that they don't stand out; aliens, Mandelorians, and other masked or distinctive Star Wars figures should be introduced.

Phroobar

So is the coronavirus over?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom