The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
It is the most overrated thing they've built all decade, IMO. Far too short and incredibly uncomfortable for larger guests in a way that, until recently, was pretty atypical of Disney.

I haven't actually seen the movie yet, but it sounds like a ride based on Cinderella III would be way more interesting than one based on Cinderella proper, as heretical as that would be.

What is the thrill level? Somewhere between Gadgets and BTMRR but way closer to Gadget? The track layout has me thinking Gadgets might actually be more thrilling than the Dwarfs Mine Train. I haven’t seen a ride through video in a while. Is it just the one major show scene and the witch at the end?

Cinderella 3? I don’t even watch the sequels unless they were in theatres.

PiratesMansion

What is the thrill level? Somewhere between Gadgets and BTMRR but way closer to Gadget? The track layout has me thinking Gadgets might actually be more thrilling than the Dwarfs Mine Train. I haven’t seen a ride through video in a while. Is it just the one major show scene and the witch at the end?

Cinderella 3? I don’t even watch the sequels unless they were in theatres.

Thrill level is between those two, yes. The ride does have a great drop out of the station in the back that immediately starts things off more thrilling and more aggressively than any part of Gadget, so I'd probably put it slightly closer to Big Thunder. You're correct on the show scenes: one major, one minor, that's it. Too. Short.

I don't watch the DTV sequels either as a rule (something compelled me to watch the Lion King sequels and The Little Mermaid II as a youth, regretful experiences, don't know what I was thinking), but internet consensus has erred on Cinderella III being the only good one. Something something the stepmother steals the wand and magics Cinderella's happily ever after away and she has to fight to get it back, cue shenanigans or something. I'm not expecting it to actually match the theatrical movies at all, but it sounds just weird enough to be interesting. The buzz has been consistent enough and long enough to keep me vaguely intrigued.

Last edited:

Rich T

That Topps Disney Card app is pretty cool. I’ve sworn to never spend a dime there; I’m content to just collect my freebies every day. Even though a lot of the art there is generic “meh”, every now and then you get a great card like this:
D078E733-EE4A-4F47-ADC3-8036472F4ED5.jpeg

Mac Tonight

Any WWE fans out here?

Undertaker - The Last Ride on WWE Network is really really good. I hope it'll eventually get released in a physical copy because I'd like to own it, and not keep up a subscription payment.

Last edited:

TROR

I'll say it - the idea that comic books, as well as comic book movies, are anything other than about selling copies and tickets is idiotic. The themes they insert into the stories are never done nearly as well as actual literature, cinema, or art. To say otherwise is lunacy to convince man-babies they aren't absolute children. The Peanuts and Calvin and Hobbes are the only exceptions.

SuddenStorm

I'll say it - the idea that comic books, as well as comic book movies, are anything other than about selling copies and tickets is idiotic. The themes they insert into the stories are never done nearly as well as actual literature, cinema, or art. To say otherwise is lunacy to convince man-babies they aren't absolute children. The Peanuts and Calvin and Hobbes are the only exceptions.

Arguing about the merits of consumer driven media on a theme park forum is a bit out of place, don't you think?

TROR

Arguing about the merits of consumer driven media on a theme park forum is a bit out of place, don't you think?
Claiming a storytelling medium is not legitimate is exactly why themed entertainment has widely been reduced from an art to crass commercials for movie and television franchises.
You can prefer Captain American Civil War more than Shakespeare's Hamlet, but the idea that they are equally legitimate is idiotic and wrong. Scorsese's comments about comic book movies being the same as a theme park ride were 100% on point - theme parks, with the exception of a few outliers such as Efteling, devote themselves to the same stupidity as comic book movies but claim to be something more. They're not. They're all trash. Theme parks at least have the potential of lush gardens, fountains, and beautiful architecture. Comic books will never be more than ugly text on (sometimes) well down pictures of meaningless drivel.

PiratesMansion

An impossible dream of mine would be for people to stop putting down types of media just because *they* don't like/understand it. And I say that as someone who is largely indifferent to comic books and/or comic book movies.

If people get their kicks from comic books or comic book movies, who am I to judge? I'm quite tired of being judged for enjoying theme parks and perhaps because of that I'm not eager to reciprocate in judging what they like. If it's not hurting anyone and not illegal, it's fine with me.

Now, I would agree that comic book movies make up an excessive and disproportionate amount of movies and content being made today, but that's a different argument.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

You can prefer Captain American Civil War more than Shakespeare's Hamlet, but the idea that they are equally legitimate is idiotic and wrong. Scorsese's comments about comic book movies being the same as a theme park ride were 100% on point - theme parks, with the exception of a few outliers such as Efteling, devote themselves to the same stupidity as comic book movies but claim to be something more. They're not. They're all trash. Theme parks at least have the potential of lush gardens, fountains, and beautiful architecture. Comic books will never be more than ugly text on (sometimes) well down pictures of meaningless drivel.
I dunno Hamlet does not have Spidey and Ant-Man fighting each other.

TROR

An impossible dream of mine would be for people to stop putting down types of media just because *they* don't like/understand it. And I say that as someone who is largely indifferent to comic books and/or comic book movies.

If people get their kicks from comic books or comic book movies, who am I to judge? I'm quite tired of being judged for enjoying theme parks and perhaps because of that I'm not eager to reciprocate in judging what they like. If it's not hurting anyone and not illegal, it's fine with me.

Now, I would agree that comic book movies make up an excessive and disproportionate amount of movies and content being made today, but that's a different argument.
Hypothetically I don't mind people enjoying comic books, but what really ticks me off is when they try to equate them to the classics, as if they are equally legitimate when they're objectively not.
I dunno Hamlet does not have Spidey and Ant-Man fighting each other.
No, its drama's much more sincere.

Last edited:

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Hypothetically I don't mind people enjoying comic books, but what really ticks me off is when they try to equate them to the classics, as if they are equally legitimate when they're objectively not.

No, it's drama's much more sincere.
Seeing Iron Man tell Capt America he doesn't deserve the shield because his dad made it essentially telling him that he betrayed his dad. Then Capt. nodding in agreement and dropping the sheild is damn good drama to me. Seeing two friends just fight and seeing their friendship disintegrate is more drama than all of MacBeth

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom