The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

smooch

Disney still likes to cherry pick from the EU and add their own weirder twist to it

Wasn't there an entire EU story that was basically about Leia training with Luke to become a jedi like they added in TRoS?

If there is anything I’ve learned from this quarantine it’s just how much more attractive the average person is from their eyes up. It’s the bottom half of the face where things go wrong.

How am I supposed to show off my cheekbones and jawline?

socalifornian

Wasn't there an entire EU story that was basically about Leia training with Luke to become a jedi like they added in TRoS?

How am I supposed to show off my cheekbones and jawline?
Yeah and plus she lead the new republic. Basically a light side version of Palpatine

Just get your face printed and throw it on a mask

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No

George Lucas on a Bench

Interesting bumper sticker in the magic store.

unnamed.jpg

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

This brings back memories of SFMM having 1 dollar locker rentals PER ride and removing the ability to put your stuff next to the coaster or off to the side. Glad they got rid of that. (Circa 2006).
some rides at Six Flags still require a locker, X2 for example. They force you get to a locker for that one.

smooch

Well, last night at 8 PM my school sent an email that all classes next semester are going to be online and I am really upset at that because I'm going to be taking some courses like micro and macro economics and online classes are basically just teaching yourself in my experience.

EDIT: They stated that a very limited number of classes that require being in person will remain in person but modified to have a lower class size, classes like lab classes such as biology.

Phroobar

Well, last night at 8 PM my school sent an email that all classes next semester are going to be online and I am really upset at that because I'm going to be taking some courses like micro and macro economics and online classes are basically just teaching yourself in my experience.
A had a lot of professors that couldn't teach. The professor would try to stay one step ahead of the class. Most of the time the TA would have to fill in. It was pretty much teach yourself. That is what you get having math professors teaching computer science.

mickEblu

Original Poster
My Bob Gurr signed Matterhorn arrived today and actually made it to the glass cabinet which is a rare honor for one of my purchases. He pumps out a lot of these so it’s not that it’s rare or valuable. It’s just really cool, displays well and is signed by a Disneyland Legend.

EDIT: I just realized the DLRR train station light box, ceramic Sleeping Beauty castle plate and Matterhorn model were subconsciously placed geographically correct

5E800AB4-D867-4946-BFE6-2EECBFFE62D4.jpeg
6772E89E-17D0-4FCC-9C9E-A6185407C33C.jpeg
1564F37F-31C1-4EC5-9C8C-7842C48D309E.jpeg

Phroobar

My Bob Gurr signed Matterhorn arrived today and actually made it to the glass cabinet which is a rare honor for one of my purchases. He pumps out a lot of these so it’s not that it’s rare or valuable. It’s just really cool, displays well and is signed by a Disneyland Legend.

EDIT: I just realized the DLRR train station light box, ceramic Sleeping Beauty castle plate and Matterhorn model were subconsciously placed geographically correct

View attachment 469983View attachment 469984View attachment 469985
That is pretty cool. You need a baby yoda to climb it.
hasbro-black-series-baby-yoda.jpg

DrAlice

EDIT: They stated that a very limited number of classes that require being in person will remain in person but modified to have a lower class size, classes like lab classes such as biology.
Probably not biology (unless they've expressly stated that). :(
They mean classes that have to have hours for credit (welding, fire tech., etc.). Our campus' original announcement read "most classes online", and a lot of us in Chemistry and Biology got excited, but it was not to be.

George Lucas on a Bench

Season 6 of Buffy is just as depressing and dark as I remember. It's just sad to see Buffy getting her rocks off with Spike and feeling pathetic, Willow OD'ing on magic, Xander and Anya breaking up and these insufferable nerds. However, it remains emotionally exhausting and impossible to not become engrossed in. Spike was interesting when he was becoming a good vamp even without a soul, but they more or less undo that and make him have to redeem himself. It's a season of everyone making the wrong choices, a trope which is just tiresome. The performances by SMG and Alyson in particular are great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom