The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Darkbeer1

A couple of years ago, my wife was riding Twisted Timbers at Kings Dominion. She was stupid and left her cell phone in her pocket. And yes, the first drop decided to remove the phone from her pocket. We filed a lost and found report, took an unexpected trip to a nearby T-Mobile for a replacement.

A month later, we get a phone call saying they found the phone, and it was in good shape. Would we like to pick it up, or have it shipped at your expene.

We said we will pay for shipping. When it arrived, the Tempered Glass protection shield clearly worked. Once we removed it, the phone was in perfect working condition. (And it was pouring rain some of the day it happened.

She sold it to a friend, and is still in use.

D.Silentu

My sister's phone fell out on The Indiana Jones Adventure. Occasionally we still bring up the mythical phone lost in the Temple of the Forbidden Eye.

PiratesMansion

The mandatory metal detectors at the Hulk ride are quite annoying. I feel like a felon just trying to ride a silly roller coaster without putting my phone in a locker.

Not to mention they made the decision to not offer proper full sized free lockers so they can then charge for larger lockers that would be free on the other rides.

"Well, we DO have free lockers, but if those aren't GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU,..."

Phroobar

The new Disney+ show, Prop Culture is pretty fascinating. Just makes me wonder what the heck that guy does to be able to afford his uh... collection.
I agree. I like that show. The one on the Muppet Movie was really good. I'm surprised Jim didn't keep everything like George Lucas did. It was cool to see Fozzie's studebaker and Kermit's banjo. The Tron episode was also amazing to see the helmets where just hockey helmets with black tape.

I think the guy probably started out small and bought and sold his way to larger props. I bet it took him years to get the items he has now.

Mac Tonight

I loved the Roger Rabbit episode. It’s the only one I’ve watched. I don’t think anything in that episode actually belonged to the host though.
I'm gonna get to that one today. Being a huge Honey I Shrunk the Kids fan as a kid, that's been my favorite so far. Love seeing Rick Moranis again.

Mac Tonight

I agree. I like that show. The one on the Muppet Movie was really good. I'm surprised Jim didn't keep everything like George Lucas did. It was cool to see Fozzie's studebaker and Kermit's banjo. The Tron episode was also amazing to see the helmets where just hockey helmets with black tape.

I think the guy probably started out small and bought and sold his way to larger props. I bet it took him years to get the items he has now.
Yeah, I doubt he just stumbled into all of those old props (assuming he's not a secret millionaire or something).

mickEblu

Original Poster
My next big purchase is a Who Framed Roger Rabbit production cel. Just haven’t found the right one. To think that they could be purchased at MGM studios in 1989 for peanuts.

Phroobar

It took me 2 years to acquire all these sweet Disney Parks POPs.

What’s the most prized item in your collection?
Good question. I think it's my vintage Luke Skywalker. He isn't the most expensive but he is my first figure. I bought him in December 1978 at a Thrifty's right after picking out a Christmas tree with my dad. Luke and R2 were the only ones left. I grabbed both.

Mac Tonight

Good question. I think it's my vintage Luke Skywalker. He isn't the most expensive but he is my first figure. I bought him in December 1978 at a Thrifty's right after picking out a Christmas tree with my dad. Luke and R2 were the only ones left. I grabbed both.

Netflix's The Toys That Made Us episode on Star Wars figures is also hugely fascinating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom