The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

SuddenStorm

Twenty years ago I was working at Gamestop and one day—due to some combo of merch crates, people, humidity, and the breeze from the ocean—our store suddenly smelled EXACTLY like Pirates of the Caribbean for about 20 minutes. It was glorious. And when I mentioned it, everyone instantly knew what I meant.

A friend of mine that worked at Gamestop had nothing good to say about some of the clientele. Apparently it was a regular occurrence to get a customer with hygiene so poor it'd clear the store.

Phroobar

If the sub lagoon and AUTOPIA become Fantasyland, I still want my volcano coaster maybe themed to Neverland. It could be a Pan themed flying coaster through the volcano and around Hook's ship parked outside. There would need to be some other property there too. It's too big of a land for just Peter Pan. Too bad Little Mermaid is wasted over at DCA. They would go good together. They could put BTTB ride facing towards the Matterhorn.

D.Silentu

Authentic or not, that concept art serves as frustrating reminder to me that the ghost town known as Toontown is being preserved. Even with the new Mickey Mouse ride coming, one whole side of the land remains derelict. The area really needs to be cut in half, ceding the remaining space to Fantasyland expansion.

smooch

A friend of mine that worked at Gamestop had nothing good to say about some of the clientele. Apparently it was a regular occurrence to get a customer with hygiene so poor it'd clear the store.

I worked at Gamestop during the holiday season of 2018 (around November to January) and there were a few regulars we had like that. Since it was the holidays we had a lot of parents come in to buy things for their children and they were nice, they just had a vague idea of something their kid asked for and I was more than happy to help them out since I enjoy games so much and wanted these kids to get the right thing. However, we had a few regulars that were apparently regulars for years according to my manager and one in particular had such bad hygiene he looked and smelled like he hadn't showered in years. I never noticed him clearing the store because he seemed to always come in during slow times, I'm sure he figured out the slow times over the years and only came in during those cause he would come in and just talk at (yes at, it was pretty one sided) my manager for a while.

Honestly I miss working at Gamestop, I was offered to keep my job after the holiday season but my hours would've been cut so severely that I didn't see a point coming in like twice a week, I wanted more hours than that even while taking classes. The other people I worked with were all really fun, laid back people, the work was pretty easy since it was something I actually enjoyed and was knowledgeable about out of genuine interest, so anytime people came in with questions or asked for recommendations / etc. I was always able to talk it out with them and figure out what to get them. Plus when it was slow I always enjoyed reorganizing the shelves since people would always pick out games and move them out of alphabetical order, it was always really relaxing to me to take a section of the store and just organize while other people worked the registers.

mickEblu

Original Poster
So my neighbor across the street told me that my next door neighbor has like 3 or 4 old gas lamp posts from Main Street, Disneyland. Here is a picture of one in their backyard collecting dust that I took from my yard. Can anyone confirm? If it is indeed from Main Street I will make them an offer to take one of their hands. They may even just give one to me since I’m a pretty nice neighbor. Apparently, the old owner of the house just left them there.

5364AA37-F8E4-4CC7-8055-D33AF606EAD3.jpeg

Phroobar

So my neighbor across the street told me that my next door neighbor has like 3 or 4 old gas lamp posts from Main Street, Disneyland. Here is a picture of one in their backyard collecting dust that I took from my yard. Can anyone confirm? If it is indeed from Main Street I will make them an offer to take one of their hands. They may even just give one to me since I’m a pretty nice neighbor. Apparently, the old owner of the house just left them there.

View attachment 467458
Those are nice but it doesn't mean they came from Disneyland without paperwork. Those lamps are fairly off the shelf. Not everything in Disneyland is custom made.

You could probably patina it to look that way.

IRE3x4S69YHmX3TI9b4IZqL6RKJXJncZsZ7ywBfDnIkf5P6bR_ilwOIBS7y-CP78uGEyY78U9fMZtnBJtofeeezZgIWEJxIsjUt6H1vflwvuyHbFXWv4R8LiN5CrcOTkGyATVwH39kJyhkw-JOhWNfmUTD09vQsyz2Pr3tcDTeBbtS-_CR0Mja_85BXQNe20lFpiFBU

mickEblu

Original Poster
Those are nice but it doesn't mean they came from Disneyland without paperwork. Those lamps are fairly off the shelf. Not everything in Disneyland is custom made.

You could probably patina it to look that way.

IRE3x4S69YHmX3TI9b4IZqL6RKJXJncZsZ7ywBfDnIkf5P6bR_ilwOIBS7y-CP78uGEyY78U9fMZtnBJtofeeezZgIWEJxIsjUt6H1vflwvuyHbFXWv4R8LiN5CrcOTkGyATVwH39kJyhkw-JOhWNfmUTD09vQsyz2Pr3tcDTeBbtS-_CR0Mja_85BXQNe20lFpiFBU

True. No guarantee the story is real. With that said I’m a betting man and I say it’s true.

The value would be if they were actually at one point in the park. I’ll see if they want me to take that old thing gathering dust under a tree in the corner of there yard off their hands.

Phroobar

True. No guarantee the story is real. With that said I’m a betting man and I say it’s true.

The value would be if they were actually at one point in the park. I’ll see if they want me to take that old thing gathering dust under a tree in the corner of there yard off their hands.
I'd take it off their hands and convert it LED and clean it up. Free is free. It's a fun story to tell but there is no proof if you try to ebay it off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom