The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Rich T

Nearly a year later, Mary Poppins Returns is aging well, especially since it looks like Disney won't release anything nearly as charming in the foreseeable future. The animation and songs seem better than ever now.

It would be hilarious if the Mary Poppins attraction at Epcot turned out to be a roller coaster based on the animated carriage chase. :D

shortstop

I wish they put a train station in frontierland.
Ah, but they did!

socalifornian

iPhone 11 Pro/11 usage at DLR

>>The iPhone XS came in at roughly 9.5 hours in tests last year and the iPhone 11 Pro came in nearly bang-on at 12 hours — in extremely challenging conditions.

It was hot, the networks were congested and I was testing every feature of the camera and phone I could get my hands on. Disneyland has some Wi-Fi in areas of the park, but the coverage is not total, so I relied on LTE for the majority of my usage. This included on-device processing of photos and video (of which I shot around 40 minutes or so each day). It also included using Disney’s frustrating park app, about which I could write a lot of complaints.

I ordered food, browsed Twitter while in lines, let the kids watch videos while the wife and I had a necessary glass of wine or six and messaged continuously with family and team members. The battery lasted significantly longer on the iPhone 11 Pro with intense usage than the iPhone XS, which juuuust edged out my iPhone X in last year’s tests.

Rich T

iPhone 11 Pro/11 usage at DLR

>>The iPhone XS came in at roughly 9.5 hours in tests last year and the iPhone 11 Pro came in nearly bang-on at 12 hours — in extremely challenging conditions.

It was hot, the networks were congested and I was testing every feature of the camera and phone I could get my hands on. Disneyland has some Wi-Fi in areas of the park, but the coverage is not total, so I relied on LTE for the majority of my usage. This included on-device processing of photos and video (of which I shot around 40 minutes or so each day). It also included using Disney’s frustrating park app, about which I could write a lot of complaints.

I ordered food, browsed Twitter while in lines, let the kids watch videos while the wife and I had a necessary glass of wine or six and messaged continuously with family and team members. The battery lasted significantly longer on the iPhone 11 Pro with intense usage than the iPhone XS, which juuuust edged out my iPhone X in last year’s tests.
Good to see a major improvement; I'm always amazed at how amazingly fast the camera can drain a battery on past models. For financial reasons, I'm keeping my XR until it bites the dust; hoping it lasts until the 12. My method for long battery life: screen brightness at 20%. :)

socalifornian

Good to see a major improvement; I'm always amazed at how amazingly fast the camera can drain a battery on past models. For financial reasons, I'm keeping my XR until it bites the dust; hoping it lasts until the 12. My method for long battery life: screen brightness at 20%. :)
Right? 40 minutes of camera is no joke. There’s been rumors for a while that 5G is coming to iPhone next year. Even if it doesn’t, that’s the next feature I’ll be waiting for. I had the 5, first iPhone with LTE, and it was so nice being on a network that wasn’t clogged

The_Mesh_Hatter

Get your night rides on the Mark Twain weekdays! It’s that time of the year when Fantasmic goes dark Monday-Thursday. I’m pretty sure the final voyage departs at 8:45 pm sharp. I love Fantasmic, but it’s always nice when it’s not playing so I can experience a calm, moody evening on the Rivers of America.

I know a lot of people want to get rid of Fantasmic to reclaim evenings on the Rivers of America. But it is still possible to experience those from time to time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom