The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
if I stopped going to DL or even just stopped buying collectibles my wardrobe would be insane. But seriously, at a certain point it’s like why do I have all these “toys” sitting in a closet but don’t have Go-To’s like a new crisp white button down shirt. Kind of stupid.

Mac Tonight

if I stopped going to DL or even just stopped buying collectibles my wardrobe would be insane. But seriously, at a certain point it’s like why do I have all these “toys” sitting in a closet but don’t have Go-To’s like a new crisp white button down shirt. Kind of stupid.
See, I'm the opposite. I'm the least fashion conscious person I know. If it comes down to a new pair of pants or a vintage mint Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle in the original packaging... sorry pants! I guess I just won't go out :)

mickEblu

Original Poster
See, I'm the opposite. I'm the least fashion conscious person I know. If it comes down to a new pair of pants or a vintage mint Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle in the original packaging... sorry pants! I guess I just won't go out :)

God I used to have so many of those original TMNT figures. Not in the packaging of course but I must have had 40 of them. Gave them to my little cousin when I was a teen and his mom ended up throwing them out. ☹

Mac Tonight

God I used to have so many of those original TMNT figures. Not in the packaging of course but I must have had 40 of them. Gave them to my little cousin when I was a teen and his mom ended up throwing them out. ☹
Noooo!! That's the worst. I just unearthed some of mine the other day, but am kicking myself for how rough I was with a bunch. Bodies without limbs, limbs without bodies. Random accessories.

However, I did just recently purchase NECA's 7" 90's movie version figures and I gotta say... they're quite honestly amazing.

1082485252.jpg

Rich T

I just unearthed some of mine the other day, but am kicking myself for how rough I was with a bunch. Bodies without limbs, limbs without bodies. Random accessories.
Hey, that's what toys are for. I bought all the original Star Wars figures in 1978 and ended up giving them to my nephews, who had a blast with them. Years later we were still finding partially-decomposed rebels and Jawas under bushes in the garden. :D

mickEblu

Original Poster

I find it interesting that theres no mention of SWL in this post regarding the Studios Park in Paris. I get that the header is Marvel/ Frozen offerings in 2020 so there throwing in the future additions for the respective IP but I still find it odd. Cold feet?

George Lucas on a Bench

Noooo!! That's the worst. I just unearthed some of mine the other day, but am kicking myself for how rough I was with a bunch. Bodies without limbs, limbs without bodies. Random accessories.

However, I did just recently purchase NECA's 7" 90's movie version figures and I gotta say... they're quite honestly amazing.

1082485252.jpg

What are these freaks?! These...turtles!!

Darkbeer1

If anyone wants to join Lisa, Myself and a lot of CM's, the next KaBOOM! Build is Friday, September 27th at Julianna Park in Central Anaheim.

All volunteers welcome, it is amazing to see a playground be built from the ground up in just 7 hours.

Sharon&Susan

Shame that Disney doesn’t like paying puppeteers, I was really hoping that something like the Muppet Show in Liberty Square would make it somewhere in the DLR.

But now that original show in the MK is being cut.

SuddenStorm

After riding Guardians of the Galaxy Monsters After Dark, I think I can tentatively say it's far and away the worst iteration of that ride, and far and away the worst overlay Disney's done at Disneyland.

Yikes. The one redeeming quality of that ride is the fun and exciting music. Hearing I Want You Back punch in as your vehicle launches is an undeniably great experience. This weird screamo they use for the Monsters Overlay? Boring and annoying. The drop profile wasn't thrilling in the slightest, and the overlay completely failed to be at all scary.

I mean seriously. This song is just so dang bad.

TROR

After riding Guardians of the Galaxy Monsters After Dark, I think I can tentatively say it's far and away the worst iteration of that ride, and far and away the worst overlay Disney's done at Disneyland.

Yikes. The one redeeming quality of that ride is the fun and exciting music. Hearing I Want You Back punch in as your vehicle launches is an undeniably great experience. This weird screamo they use for the Monsters Overlay? Boring and annoying. The drop profile wasn't thrilling in the slightest, and the overlay completely failed to be at all scary.

I mean seriously. This song is just so dang bad.

Did the promotional tie in to Thor Ragnorak not do anything for you?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom