The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
I’ve been on Reddit for a couple years now. Can someone explain to me why everyone speaks in some sort of alien language on those subreddits? What the hell are people talking about in the comments sections? It’s like every comment is some inside joke and I have no idea what people are saying. Not so much the DL subreddit but many other ones.

SuddenStorm

Every once in a while I'll read old Al Lutz posts from the 2000's to see what what happening before I was following Disney. Always entertaining.

Here's a quote I found amusing

"
Has it been three years already for MiceAge? It's just amazing how time flies isn't it? Considering our continued success, and the amazing reception and growth our sister site MiceChat has received in the past year it looks like maybe, just maybe there really is a solid audience for "a different look at Disney."

You can rest assured of the following on both sites from Dusty and myself as we continue:

• No flash ads dancing all over your pages or pop-ups/unders - ever.
  • No begging/demands for donations.
  • We won't compromise our editorial for Disney (or any other) approval.
  • Content and updates you can trust.
"

How times have changed.

lifeisgoodboy

I’ve been on Reddit for a couple years now. Can someone explain to me why everyone speaks in some sort of alien language on those subreddits? What the hell are people talking about in the comments sections? It’s like every comment is some inside joke and I have no idea what people are saying. Not so much the DL subreddit but many other ones.

Can you give us a link?

socalifornian

Just think of the comments section(s) like MCUs Spidey
840492BB-DC36-4655-B0F3-7B5F9A5269A8.jpeg

I think a lot of people on the DL sub, and probably WDWs, are ones who haven’t found places like this where the news actually breaks from within. Reccomended WDWMagic to someone recently who was frustrated, and kept getting downvoted on their own post for wanting more updates than the 100th Parters statue post of the week

SuddenStorm

Just think of the comments section(s) like MCUs Spidey
View attachment 406723
I think a lot of people on the DL sub, and probably WDWs, are ones who haven’t found places like this where the news actually breaks from within. Reccomended WDWMagic to someone recently who was frustrated, and kept getting downvoted on their own post for wanting more updates than the 100th Parters statue post of the week

The Disneyland sub is excellent for people who enjoy Disneyland at face value and love the parks- but not for people who want rumors/news/history.

SirWillow

The Disney subreddits honestly drive me nuts sometimes. I think that some there thrive on the illogic of it. Someone ask a question about the park? Downvote them and insult them for not knowing. Some one give an opinion of something that they like (or not) that goes even slightly against the grain? Downvote into oblivion. Getting straight answers? Good luck.

Where there are a few good discussions, I've found many of the people there just confusing, confused, and not liking anyone that isn't as confused- or in the same way- as they are. They are great for photos and a couple of happy memories here and there (and lots and lots of proposal photos!) But beyond that, outside of a skim of them to see if there's anything interesting I usually don't pay much attention to them.

mickEblu

Original Poster
First off, happy birthday.

Now my thought of the day.... I hate Hospitals! Alas got a high fever yesterday afternoon. The morning was just fine, so kinda weird. So after heading to the ER, got admitted, mainly to be hooked up to an IV. Maybe I will get my freedom back later today.

Wishing you a speedy recovery

Phroobar

First off, happy birthday.

Now my thought of the day.... I hate Hospitals! Alas got a high fever yesterday afternoon. The morning was just fine, so kinda weird. So after heading to the ER, got admitted, mainly to be hooked up to an IV. Maybe I will get my freedom back later today.
Stuff to look forward too.
I hope they release you soon. Maybe it was the heat?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom