The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

brb1006

I miss Rufus the Bear and his snoring in a cave above the entrance to Bear Country (before Splash Mountain).

bearcountry_entering1974ww.jpg
Is there any video footage showing the cave?

SuddenStorm

When Splash Mtn. first opened, Rufus's name was on the cave before the first outdoor drop. I loved that touch, as well as having him as a never-seen backstage character in CB Vacation Hoedown. I was ticked off when Brer Bear moved into the Splash cave, even though it made sense for the ride.

Do you have a photo of the cave prior to the Brer Bear rename?

For the life of me, I can't find one. I've searched Youtube videos and every old Splash Mountain photo I could find, but every picture of that spot I can find is from after the Brer Bear rename.

Phroobar

I could see the current Disney building an entire theme park filled with black box rides. They could call it Disney Mystery Spot Park.

Maybe we will get a Phinius and Ferb ride?

Rich T

Do you have a photo of the cave prior to the Brer Bear rename?

For the life of me, I can't find one. I've searched Youtube videos and every old Splash Mountain photo I could find, but every picture of that spot I can find is from after the Brer Bear rename.
Unfortunately, no. In the pre-digital days, I was too worried about getting my little camera wet! And I've never seen a shot of it online. But keeping Rufus around in a new cave was such a great, classic little way of tying past and present together. It was so Tony Baxter! :)

ParkPeeker

Prediction: In 2025, Disney buys Six Flags. Admission prices double. No theming added, but all signage changed. Tatsu becomes Peter Pan’s Flight of Fear.
I can see it now "Peter Pan's Magic Mountain flight" "Soarin' over Disney's Magic Mountain"
Manta, SeaWorld Orlando. An aquarium queue followed by a coaster through a well crafted landscape.
I was more thinking impossible level ride immersion, (and with no VR like some coasters have done). But from what I've seen the Manta ride looks cool, especially with that aquarium queue, wow!

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

One of the reasons the Mark Twain and the Columbia operate the way they do, aka free floating ships that power and steer on their own, with a guidance system (not rails) is to be licensed to operate through the Coast Guard and not the state. It comes down to regulations and taxes, which are cheaper as ships instead of rides.
so there are no rails at all beneath them??? even guide rails? so they can pull up to tom swayer island and dock there if they wanted to? they have totally free movement?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Damn I wish there was a way to have a ride that had the same feeling as something like Tatsu at six flags, but extremely well themed and immersive. I've only been to six flags magic mountain twice, but that ride in particular I cannot forget the feeling of.
they can make a x wing ride that would feel like that

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

But it's smooth as hell. Way better than the "I'm in a janky spinny fair ride and my legs are getting bruised by hitting the ride vehicle every 2 seconds" feeling that the x2 ride evokes, maybe they adjusted my seat wrong but jesus that ride was a nightmare 😰.
I strongly disagree with you. X2 is not only one of the best coasters i have ever been on but one of the most intense. the music, the fire, the spins, it opened a new door for coasters then threw away the key. it is fantastic. it is better than tatsu. my top 3 six flags magic mountain coasters are
3. Tatsu
2. X2
1. Twisted Colossus (which is the best coaster I have ever been on in my life. period)

ParkPeeker

I strongly disagree with you. X2 is not only one of the best coasters i have ever been on but one of the most intense. the music, the fire, the spins, it opened a new door for coasters then threw away the key. it is fantastic. it is better than tatsu. my top 3 six flags magic mountain coasters are
3. Tatsu
2. X2
1. Twisted Colossus (which is the best coaster I have ever been on in my life. period)
There was no fire when I went, maybe because it was night time when I rode it? Yes it was really intense, but I didn't enjoy it, mainly because my leg kept getting hit. I was low-key limping back to the bag lockers right after the ride lmao. It felt janky, like a spinny thrill fair ride.

from the rides I've ridden, my ranking:
1. Tatsu, the füçking best, feels like flying
2. Superman, in 3, 2, *really thrilling speed backwards.* Gives you a really good view and drop feeling! but only lasts a couple seconds.
3. Lex luthor, nice view and ascent! nice drop but like superman lasts like 2 seconds (and I also got a bit of crotch pain after the dropping lol).
4. That one log/water ride, it was cool I guess? I can't remember the name of it
5. Viper, goodness I felt sick afterwards
6. X2, literally got physical pain from it

I still haven't ridden goliath or many other rides, but all the lines were super long both times I went lol. I'll ride Twisted colossus first thing next time and see how it is.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

There was no fire when I went, maybe because it was night time when I rode it? Yes it was really intense, but I didn't enjoy it, mainly because my leg kept getting hit. I was low-key limping back to the bag lockers right after the ride lmao. It felt janky, like a spinny thrill fair ride.

from the rides I've ridden, my ranking:
1. Tatsu, the füçking best, feels like flying
2. Superman, in 3, 2, *really thrilling speed backwards.* Gives you a really good view and drop feeling! but only lasts a couple seconds.
3. Lex luthor, nice view and ascent! nice drop but like superman lasts like 2 seconds (but I got a bit of crotch pain after the dropping lol).
4. That one log/water ride, it was cool I guess? I can't remember the name of it
5. Viper, goodness I felt sick afterwards
6. X2, literally got physical pain from it

I still haven't ridden goliath or many other rides, but all the lines were super long both times I went lol. I'll ride Twisted colossus first thing next time and see how it is.
I dont understand people who say viper hurts them. viper is on my top 10 at the park. it used to be my #1 back in the day. but it is sooo much fun. sit in the front because i have never had a problem. just put your head back against the rest the whole time and enjoy. Lex Luthor was one of the worst rides i ever been on and such a HUGE letdown. i was sooo looking forward it. i found it strange there was no line for it. i walked right on, i would soon find out why. The first part as you ascend the Superman tower works physcologically because you are really high up there and its not a quick ascend and the tower sways. then the super man ride litterally shoots up it and it is soo loud it makes your nerves quake. that i was fine with but omg that drop was soooo awful. it is soooooo slow and it stops you waaay to soon. compare that to supreme scream at knott's which is sooo much better and you go up and down several times. i would never ride it again and if i was too again if it has more than a 5 minute wait i would skip it. it sucks

ParkPeeker

I dont understand people who say viper hurts them. viper is on my top 10 at the park. it used to be my #1 back in the day. but it is sooo much fun. sit in the front because i have never had a problem. just put your head back against the rest the whole time and enjoy. Lex Luthor was one of the worst rides i ever been on and such a HUGE letdown. i was sooo looking forward it. i found it strange there was no line for it. i walked right on, i would soon find out why. The first part as you ascend the Superman tower works physcologically because you are really high up there and its not a quick ascend and the tower sways. then the super man ride litterally shoots up it and it is soo loud it makes your nerves quake. that i was fine with but omg that drop was soooo awful. it is soooooo slow and it stops you waaay to soon. compare that to supreme scream at knott's which is sooo much better and you go up and down several times. i would never ride it again and if i was too again if it has more than a 5 minute wait i would skip it. it sucks
From my memory vipor has like a ton of consecutive spins, I felt so sick afterwards even a little dizzy. Well I also ate panda right before riding so maybe that had to do with it too. Yea lex luthor was short af, but I liked going up and the view. Never ridden supreme.

lol the superman drop is not awful at all are you kidding? It gave me the biggest drop feel ever, and when you're at the top there's that weightless split second where you're just like wow. The drop feeling you get from it is more than the entirety of the tatsu ride.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

From my memory vipor has like a ton of consecutive spins, I felt so sick afterwards even a little dizzy. Well I also ate panda right before riding so maybe that had to do with it too. Yea lex luthor was short af, but I liked going up and the view. Never ridden supreme.

lol the superman drop is not awful at all are you kidding? It gave me the biggest drop feel ever, and when you're at the top there's that weightless split second where you're just like wow. The drop feeling you get from it is more than the entirety of the tatsu ride.
Maybe you confused what i said, Superman the ride is amazing. my complaint is about the Lex Luthor Drop of Doom. Superman the ride is in my top 10, possibly in my top 5

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom