The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

BasiltheBatLord

Yes, but no more so than any other social media trend. Social media—with the exception of theme park forums—is pretty much destroying everything.
Social media has pretty much killed internet forums in general, it's a wonder (and a blessing) that places like this still exist and are active.

SuddenStorm

Damn I wish there was a way to have a ride that had the same feeling as something like Tatsu at six flags, but extremely well themed and immersive. I've only been to six flags magic mountain twice, but that ride in particular I cannot forget the feeling of.

Ah yes, the "If this restraint fails I will die" feeling that ride evokes even after a decade of regular riding.

ParkPeeker

Ah yes, the "If this restraint fails I will die" feeling that ride evokes even after a decade of regular riding.
But it's smooth as hell. Way better than the "I'm in a janky spinny fair ride and my legs are getting bruised by hitting the ride vehicle every 2 seconds" feeling that the x2 ride evokes, maybe they adjusted my seat wrong but jesus that ride was a nightmare 😰.

SuddenStorm

But it's smooth as hell. Way better than the "I'm in a janky spinny fair ride and my legs are getting bruised by hitting the ride vehicle every 2 seconds" feeling that the x2 ride evokes, maybe they adjusted my seat wrong but jesus that ride was a nightmare 😰.

That ride, while never as smooth as Tatsu, is way better depending on where you sit. I also think it's been getting worse, probably due to the ride getting older without a proper overhaul in a decade.

Last edited:

ParkPeeker

That ride, while never as smooth as Tatsu, is way better depending on where you sit. I also think it's been getting worse, probably do to the ride getting older without a proper overhaul in a decade.
It was 2015* when I rode it and I can't remember where I sat. But that makes sense. I don't know if my leg experience is just me lol, it just felt very fair-y because of that.

Rich T

Damn I wish there was a way to have a ride that had the same feeling as something like Tatsu at six flags, but extremely well themed and immersive. I've only been to six flags magic mountain twice, but that ride in particular I cannot forget the feeling of.
Prediction: In 2025, Disney buys Six Flags. Admission prices double. No theming added, but all signage changed. Tatsu becomes Peter Pan’s Flight of Fear.

lazyboy97o

Manta, SeaWorld Orlando. An aquarium queue followed by a coaster through a well crafted landscape.

Phroobar

I miss Rufus the Bear and his snoring in a cave above the entrance to Bear Country (before Splash Mountain).

bearcountry_entering1974ww.jpg

Rich T

I miss Rufus the Bear and his snoring in a cave above the entrance to Bear Country (before Splash Mountain).

bearcountry_entering1974ww.jpg
When Splash Mtn. first opened, Rufus's name was on the cave before the first outdoor drop. I loved that touch, as well as having him as a never-seen backstage character in CB Vacation Hoedown. I was ticked off when Brer Bear moved into the Splash cave, even though it made sense for the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom