The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Californian Elitist

Chipotle is like The McDonalds of “Mexican” food. I don’t go to McDonalds (every once in a while) because I want a good burger, I go because I want McDonalds. Same with Chipotle. That and it’s a quick way to get some chicken and rice when you don’t want another burger or sandwich.

Definitely. I stop at McDonald’s maybe fives times a year. Maybe. I can count on one hand how many times I’ve been to Chipotle in the past few years though. Chipotle makes me sick sometimes, so I stopped eating it for a long time.

On the corner of where I live, there’s a taco stand. The owners are from Oaxaca, Mexico and make authentic, delicious food. That’s another reason why I barely go to Chipotle lol.

Rich T

Chipotle is like The McDonalds of “Mexican” food. I don’t go to McDonalds (every once in a while) because I want a good burger, I go because I want McDonalds. Same with Chipotle. That and it’s a quick way to get some chicken and rice when you don’t want another burger or sandwich.
The difference is, McDonald's is consistent. The food's always decent, always the same. At Chipotle you never know what you're going to get. The last time I went, my burrito 1) was torn and falling apart (and the burrito was half inedible) 2) was 90% rice (undercooked) 3) had about 10 beans 4) had about four tiny bits of gristly chicken 5) was...pretty much...flavorless. Eight bucks. I haven't been back since.

Last edited:

shortstop

I spent my last dollar at Chipotle after the big deal health scare in 2015. Haven’t looked back since!

Speaking of burgers, any Burgerville fans here?

SuddenStorm

Man, all these people blasting Chipotle must have some really lousy ones near where they live.

Where I'm at, I get a double wrap (free) with double rice (again, free) with chicken and the works. Always a 2+ pound burrito (yes, I've weighed it) for like $8 that's always decently flavorful.

Rich T

Man, all these people blasting Chipotle must have some really lousy ones near where they live.

Where I'm at, I get a double wrap (free) with double rice (again, free) with chicken and the works. Always a 2+ pound burrito (yes, I've weighed it) for like $8 that's always decently flavorful.
If you've got a well-run Chipotle near you, cherish it. :) My area is awash in Chipotles with revolving door staffs who seem to have never learned how to make the product properly.
(EDIT) Double rice? My last burritos there have been almost nothing *but* rice!

SuddenStorm

I had a few of those ridiculous Disney conspiracy/fan theory videos pop up in my Youtube feed. After watching a minute or two of one, I think I need to jump on this train and add a few of my own.

WHAT IF the pirates in Pirates of the Caribbean died not because the treasure was cursed, but because their search for the treasure took them to the nearby temple of Mara and they all looked in the eye?

180º

I just had a genius idea.

A Magical Consolation Prize Experience™ should be built for those who weren't able to make it onto the Millennium Falcon ride. In this attraction, you still board the Falcon, but you don't get to ride in the cockpit. Instead, you are stuffed into one of the higher-capacity, windowless interior rooms, like the...what is this? The living room?

DwGTOMQUUAA-E3N-768x667.jpg

The rumpus room? Anyway, or the sleeping quarters, which you can see here:

https://www.mouseplanet.com/12096/Millennium_Falcon_The_Ship_of_Dreams
(It's been 84 years and I can still smell the fresh paint. The holochess had never been used. The bunks had never been slept in. Millennium Falcon was called "The Ship of Dreams." But it wasn't. It really wasn't.)

The ride system is as straightforward as it gets. Riders crowd into a bunk or booth and hang on tight while the room is jostled around uncomfortably. All the while unpleasant, muffled crashing sounds of what might a space dogfight remind you of what you're missing. And here's the best part: In honor of having to squeeze into a booth with other people as opposed to sitting lonely in a captain's chair, this attraction will be called Millennium Falcon: Snuggler's Run.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom