• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
Chipotle is so 2013. Personally, I have paid my last nine bucks for an exploding overcooked tortilla of undercooked rice with ten beans and something that--in theory--should taste like chicken.
It has gone downhill. The rice isn’t as Limey. The chips aren’t as crunchy and the chicken isn’t as good.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Advertisement
There will never be a Chick-fil-A because Disney will make them be open on Sundays. Some places still have standards.

Chipotle is just a pile of goo on a burnt tortilla.
Well I haven’t got a burrito there since my first time about 13 years ago. Since then it’s been a bowl with white rice and double chicken every single time. It has been a convenient and serviceable meal especially when at work. Not always great but varies by location.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I don’t find The Habit to be that good.

Chipotle is overrated, especially as a Southern Californian.
Chipotle is like The McDonalds of “Mexican” food. I don’t go to McDonalds (every once in a while) because I want a good burger, I go because I want McDonalds. Same with Chipotle. That and it’s a quick way to get some chicken and rice when you don’t want another burger or sandwich.

raven24

Chipotle is like The McDonalds of “Mexican” food. I don’t go to McDonalds (every once in a while) because I want a good burger, I go because I want McDonalds. Same with Chipotle. That and it’s a quick way to get some chicken and rice when you don’t want another burger or sandwich.
Definitely. I stop at McDonald’s maybe fives times a year. Maybe. I can count on one hand how many times I’ve been to Chipotle in the past few years though. Chipotle makes me sick sometimes, so I stopped eating it for a long time.

On the corner of where I live, there’s a taco stand. The owners are from Oaxaca, Mexico and make authentic, delicious food. That’s another reason why I barely go to Chipotle lol.

Rich T

The difference is, McDonald's is consistent. The food's always decent, always the same. At Chipotle you never know what you're going to get. The last time I went, my burrito 1) was torn and falling apart (and the burrito was half inedible) 2) was 90% rice (undercooked) 3) had about 10 beans 4) had about four tiny bits of gristly chicken 5) was...pretty much...flavorless. Eight bucks. I haven't been back since.

Last edited:

shortstop

I spent my last dollar at Chipotle after the big deal health scare in 2015. Haven’t looked back since!

Speaking of burgers, any Burgerville fans here?

SuddenStorm

Man, all these people blasting Chipotle must have some really lousy ones near where they live.

Where I'm at, I get a double wrap (free) with double rice (again, free) with chicken and the works. Always a 2+ pound burrito (yes, I've weighed it) for like $8 that's always decently flavorful.

Rich T

Man, all these people blasting Chipotle must have some really lousy ones near where they live.

Where I'm at, I get a double wrap (free) with double rice (again, free) with chicken and the works. Always a 2+ pound burrito (yes, I've weighed it) for like $8 that's always decently flavorful.
If you've got a well-run Chipotle near you, cherish it. :) My area is awash in Chipotles with revolving door staffs who seem to have never learned how to make the product properly.
(EDIT) Double rice? My last burritos there have been almost nothing *but* rice!

SuddenStorm

I had a few of those ridiculous Disney conspiracy/fan theory videos pop up in my Youtube feed. After watching a minute or two of one, I think I need to jump on this train and add a few of my own.

WHAT IF the pirates in Pirates of the Caribbean died not because the treasure was cursed, but because their search for the treasure took them to the nearby temple of Mara and they all looked in the eye?

Top Bottom