The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Sharon&Susan

Y'all were telling me how great an idea those Mickey Blu-ray sets were earlier this year (and btw all of these were released in the span of this year).
mickeyshorts.png

mickeyshorts2.png

looneytunes1.png

looneytunes2.png

Last edited:

Parteecia

Raiders is the best. I will die on that hill.
Agree. I was an adult when it came out and we were blown away by how it kept building and piling on more cliffhangers. Hadn't seen anything like it before on the big screen. Sequels could never pack the same punch.

Same for the Pirates movies. The first was so unexpected that the sequels couldn't compete. You can only surprise people once.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Do kids even know Brontosaurus’s? It’s like they went extinct after Jurassic Park introduced the Brachiosaurus. Makes sense. They fill the same void and Brachiosaurus’s look more interesting.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
Do kids even know Brontosaurus’s? It’s like they went extinct after Jurassic Park introduced the Brachiosaurus. Makes sense. They fill the same void and Brachiosaurus’s look more interesting.
The very definition of a miscellaneous thought! I grew up with a toy Brontosaurus, so I knew what they were. Honestly the Brachiosaurus always kind of annoyed me. I don't know why, maybe because they stole the Bronto's thunder?

mickEblu

Original Poster
Didn't the Brontosaurus not actually exist? Regardless, I’ve always preferred it to the Brachiosaurus. I’m always in favor of the most classic design.

I don’t know, that’s news to me! Jurassic Park will always be the blockbuster of my lifetime so those Brachiosaurus’s really won me over. Hard to describe to those who weren’t there the pandemonium that came with that movie especially if you were 11 when it came out.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
I don’t know, that’s news to me! Jurassic Park will always be the blockbuster of my lifetime so those Brachiosaurus’s really won me over. Hard to describe to those who weren’t there the pandemonium that came with that movie especially if you were 11 when it came out.
My older brothers were 9 and 11 when it came out, so I grew up hearing all about Jurassic Park! Even now: family movie night, what's his nomination? Oh, the same as last time, JURASSIC PARK!

D.Silentu

Same for the Pirates movies. The first was so unexpected that the sequels couldn't compete. You can only surprise people once.
This always bothered me about the Pirates series. At the conclusion of the first one we see that for all of Jack's antics he was pulling the strings ever since encountering the Black Pearl. While I've enjoyed some of the sequels I've always wondered why they decided to portray him as only comical, with events happening to him rather than him manipulating situations.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

I tried watching Raiders and I fell asleep.

This sentence just does not compute.

I think there is also something to be said for WHEN you first watch a movie.

Can’t argue with this. That said, I saw all the original Indy films as a young kid. I’ve always found Last Crusade a little sappy, as much as I enjoy it. Raiders has a grittiness and relentlessness to it that I still find thrilling.

Plus, Indy the adventurer, professor, & womanizer as depicted in Raiders — has there ever been a cooler male hero? A bit more fun in my view than daddy-issues Last Crusade Indy haha.

YodaMan

Anyone know what’s going on with the Hyperion queue space? The outdoor portion has been seating all week but today there are planters up around the entire area.

Vegas Disney Fan

Best jump scene in a movie I’ve ever experienced, when they are trying to turn the power back on and the raptor hits the fence I think our whole theater screamed and jumped, myself included.

mickEblu

Original Poster

Can’t argue with this. That said, I saw all the original Indy films as a young kid. I’ve always found Last Crusade a little sappy, as much as I enjoy it. Raiders has a grittiness and relentlessness to it that I still find thrilling.

Plus, Indy the adventurer, professor, & womanizer as depicted in Raiders — has there ever been a cooler male hero? A bit more fun in my view than daddy-issues Last Crusade Indy haha.

Hahah ok I’ll give it another shot. I don’t make it through a lot of movies these days.

Parteecia

PLUS it was the rare adventure movie that had a capable woman who the female audience could identify with.

Then we got the idiot screamer in the next movie, sigh. Such a letdown.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom