The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Indy_UK

Do you mean park reservations? They appear to be staying for the foreseeable future.

Believe it or not, being able to book reservations from now to early June is actually an improvement! But I wouldn't worry about being able to get reservations yet. It's annoying, but there's around a 99% chance you'll get the reservations you want unless you're booking them super close to when you want to go.

Thanks for that. I haven't bought tickets yet and where I can't even book Park reservations, there's no huge rush. I won't leave it too late as we arrive over D23 weekend, so they will certainly fill up nearer the time.

MK-fan

Just watched this video and people like this make me sick. Sharing these thoughts at Disneyland of all places too, if this woman is a passholder, she sure as heck dug herself a hole:

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Speaking of Indy just watched Last Crusade for the first time in years. By far my favorite Indy movie. Don’t think I’d seen the whole thing in almost 30 years. Only the last 20 minutes of the movie really stuck with me. Loved the way it was shot and the father son dynamic. Going to watch Dial of Destiny tonight and watched Crystal Skull last night.

Raiders is the best. I will die on that hill.

Don’t watch Dial. Unless you’re interested in seeing a beloved hero from your childhood depicted as a cranky old man. It’s a long 2.5 hours.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Raiders is the best. I will die on that hill.

Don’t watch Dial. Unless you’re interested in seeing a beloved hero from your childhood depicted as a cranky old man. It’s a long 2.5 hours.

That's too bad.

I tried watching Raiders and I fell asleep. It's a little too chatty for me. I think there is also something to be said for WHEN you first watch a movie. I watched Temple of Doom and Last Crusade a lot when I was a kid. Raiders was just a little before my time and I didn't watch it until I was in my 30's. Last Crusade holds up + some. Temples of Doom not so much. I feel like Last Crusade strikes the perfect balance of action and story.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I watched a ride through of the TDS Indiana Jones attraction the other day. Why does everyone say it's so much better than Disneylands? The only thing I like better about their version is the fireball effect. They don't have Mara which is a negative as it's replaced by pretty much nothing. Then I don't like the blue/ green color scheme going on. I find our color scheme to be much more pleasing and natural with the warm tones, lava etc.

Consumer

That's too bad.

I tried watching Raiders and I fell asleep. It's a little too chatty for me. I think there is also something to be said for WHEN you first watch a movie. I watched Temple of Doom and Last Crusade a lot when I was a kid. Raiders was just a little before my time and I didn't watch it until I was in my 30's. Last Crusade holds up + some. Temples of Doom not so much. I feel like Last Crusade strikes the perfect balance of action and story.
Agreed. Temple was the first Indy movie I saw so I have a great fondness for it, but Last Crusade I wasn't allowed to watch until later since it was PG-13 so I don't feel as attached to it (even though it's a great movie).

mickEblu

Original Poster
Agreed. Temple was the first Indy movie I saw so I have a great fondness for it, but Last Crusade I wasn't allowed to watch until later since it was PG-13 so I don't feel as attached to it (even though it's a great movie).

Yeah it makes a difference. Not to mention the order is changed so it wasn't consumed in the same way. Can you ever fully appreciate the first movie after you've seen the second and third one multiple times?

PiratesMansion

I watched a ride through of the TDS Indiana Jones attraction the other day. Why does everyone say it's so much better than Disneylands? The only thing I like better about their version is the fireball effect. They don't have Mara which is a negative as it's replaced by pretty much nothing. Then I don't like the blue/ green color scheme going on. I find our color scheme to be much more pleasing and natural with the warm tones, lava etc.
The TDS ride is *much better maintained* than the DL version and doesn't break down constantly because of it. But otherwise I don't know that there's necessarily a firm consensus on which Indy is better.

I think DL's uses music better but otherwise I would give the slight edge to TDS's. I think it's a slightly cleaner experience overall. That said, I might be overrating Tokyo's slightly because it has a singles line that actually functions the way singles lines are supposed to function.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom