The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Californian Elitist

Yeah that’s probably it and I’ve also probably never spent a good time in both parks during Christmas at night before in the same evening.

No I’m talking about that band that plays by the fountain In Carthay Circle. They re there year round with the Black female lead singer.
Oh, got it! I know the band you’re talking about now. Just another reason DCA does it better. The live entertainment is really good.

Rich T

The Carousel not turning can be an issue with guests. If someone exits it won’t turn for awhile.
Considering the way the show is designed, that is the worst mechanical problem for this attraction—an attraction with Walt’s name features prominently—I can imagine. “Sorry, folks, the carousel won’t turn for awhile. Please enjoy a five minute repeat performance of the scene you just finished watching.”

This is garbage theme park operation.

lazyboy97o

Considering the way the show is designed, that is the worst mechanical problem for this attraction—an attraction with Walt’s name features prominently—I can imagine. “Sorry, folks, the carousel won’t turn for awhile. Please enjoy a five minute repeat performance of the scene you just finished watching.”

This is garbage theme park operation.
It’s a precaution built in because the ride killed someone in a rather gruesome fashion when it was at Disneyland. You can’t lock the doors. Seeing the scene again seems like a better alternative to just sitting there waiting, which would likely cause more people to leave.

mickEblu

Original Poster
So yesterday was interesting at the parks. We got to the parking booths at around 12pm and drove right up the window. This has not happened in a very long time so we're thinking it's a Ghost Town in the parks. The CM unprompted then tells us we picked a great day to come as he's been super slow all day. So now we're getting really excited. We get to the parks...and it's the exact same crowds we've been seeing all year. Look at the wait times and they were on the high to very high side with RSR hovering at 150 minute Standby. Festival booths were empty. So we came to the conclusion that the reason the CM at parking was slow was because most of the guests at the park yesterday were day ticket holders staying at offsite or onsite hotels. Which explains why the Genie + return times were so far out and why standby lines were insane. Also explains why Festival Food booths had no lines. Vacationers want classic DL/DCA theme park food and not those gimmicky dishes from those booths.

Long story short, with the current systems in place, I'll take a Magic Key heavy day over a park full of day ticket holders any day. All the day ticket holders buy Genie + which makes standby waits ridiculously long. This is counterintuitive to what they want right? They want vacationers and day ticket holders to be less stressed and spend more in a slightly less crowded park that's not full of AP's yet because of Genie + that same person on vacation is better off going to the parks on a day with more Magic Keys.

We still had a great time soaking up the Christmas atmosphere. Stuck to mostly flat rides at DCA at the pier which was fine as my daughter loves them and it was a beautiful day to be outside. Then went over to DL and did Star Tours which was a walk on, Snow White, Thunder Mountain and Haunted Mansion Holiday for the kids which "only" had a 40 min wait. The waits for whatever reason in the evening at DL weren't as bad. It was only our second trip to the parks over the Christmas season as one or more of us have been sick for about 45 out of the last 50 days. In fact, my son has a fever today and he just got over some 24 hour virus last week. Im not sure what's going on out there but it even has me considering wearing a mask in certain situations.

Last edited:

PiratesMansion

Anyone else get a lovely, totally personalized holiday email from Bob? The other Bob would never.
OMG Me Too!!!
Cheapek would have never sent me an email! Bob Iger really must be different after all!

I feel so loved and obviously I have no other choice than to spend a minimum of $1000 on some Disney product because that's how appreciated I feel!
-
What I imagine the company is hoping I'll do by sending me such an email.

Parteecia

No I’m talking about that band that plays by the fountain In Carthay Circle. They re there year round with the Black female lead singer.
Five & Dime. We always stop to dance and sing along.

Phat Cat Swingers are a favorite. We make sure to catch all of their sets. ETA They have the best sound checks too.

Last edited:

Parteecia

It’s a precaution built in because the ride killed someone in a rather gruesome fashion when it was at Disneyland.
A friend was hired into it shortly after that happened. We made many macabre jokes.

I should ask her for the details. We were just at USH today. I know that the CM had to be a weight in the seat before it would turn.

Last edited:

Phroobar

OMG Me Too!!!
Cheapek would have never sent me an email! Bob Iger really must be different after all!

I feel so loved and obviously I have no other choice than to spend a minimum of $1000 on some Disney product because that's how appreciated I feel!
-
What I imagine the company is hoping I'll do by sending me such an email.
I'm a former AP holder. He didn't bother to send me one begging for my return. I guess he can't let the fish jump out of the boat.

Rich T

It’s a precaution built in because the ride killed someone in a rather gruesome fashion when it was at Disneyland. You can’t lock the doors. Seeing the scene again seems like a better alternative to just sitting there waiting, which would likely cause more people to leave.
Both scenarios ruin the show, and it happened twice, turning it into a very negative, never-again guest experience. It’s not something you expect from the World’s most-attended theme park after paying the high entry price and jumping through all Disney’s hoops to get in. Walt would probably say, “I don’t care how you fix this, just fix it.”

This is just one of many, many problems with MK currently. I visited the park five times in a two week period, and every day was a pathetic display of malfunctioning and closed-for-half-the-day attractions. There were positives too, but none of it came close the top-notch day experience Disney was once famous for. CoP’s 40 minute groanfest was disappointing, but perfectly in line with the much of the rest of the park.

PiratesMansion

The WDW Railroad is finally reopening after being closed since 2018, and because it's WDW, the changes that some Disney sites are calling "enhancements"?

It's just a new spiel, which is...to be expected...and therefore not an enhancement.

They could have added a scene or diorama or something but no...maybe modern Disney just can't do that in a tight timeline of four years.

I suppose I get it though. If people are going to be excited about a new train voiceover, why do the work and actually improve the least interesting Disney railroad this side of Hong Kong?

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

milordsloth

The WDW Railroad is finally reopening after being closed since 2018, and because it's WDW, the changes that some Disney sites are calling "enhancements"?

It's just a new spiel, which is...to be expected...and therefore not an enhancement.

They could have added a scene or diorama or something but no...maybe modern Disney just can't do that in a tight timeline of four years.

I suppose I get it though. If people are going to be excited about a new train voiceover, why do the work and actually improve the least interesting Disney railroad this side of Hong Kong?

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
The new tunnel over by Tron could be considered a new feature I guess...

PiratesMansion

I was hoping to ride the MK Railroad when I went for my trip in May, but it was closed, obviously. I went home and watched a ride-thru and realized there isn’t much to it. Doesn’t seem like a missed out on anything. I’ll have to ride it in person, still.
You didn't miss anything. There's a nice stretch where you ride right next to Big Thunder, but little else that's notable that doesn't already exist at Disneyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom