The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

CaptinEO

“No son that is Buzz I swear. It’s the theme park version of the movie version that the toy version was modeled after.”

In other words it’s the Halloween costume version.
This looks like a kid wearing his dad's work outfit. They chose the thinnest person to play Buzz in this case which makes no sense.

What's hillarious with this "in universe" Lightyear movie, is that they already did one, and Tim Allen actually voiced him. I had this movie when it came out. Buzz also actually looks like Buzz.

So the whole "in universe Buzz needed a film for Andy to see" makes no sense because it was done already.

1655555350383.jpeg

Stevek

Happy long weekend to everyone. What is everyone doing for Father's day and Juneteenth? Any special for these two days at Disneyland?
Spending the weekend moving my daughter into her first apartment in Escondido. She'll be doing her final 2 years of Speech Pathology courses at Cal State San Marcos.

Stevek

Wait... I'm confused. Isn't the new buzz also an animated movie? Why is this a face character? This makes my head hurt.

Ugh.. including this version of buzz in the parks is a terrible idea.
Because Buzz in the new movie, while animated, is a human. I don't see it as any different than face characters for the princesses which are all animated.

DrAlice

Because Buzz in the new movie, while animated, is a human. I don't see it as any different than face characters for the princesses which are all animated.
Yeah, ok, I can see that argument. I guess it is just confusing because the animated Buzz already exists as a non-face character.

Meta, indeed.

No Name

Yeah, ok, I can see that argument. I guess it is just confusing because the animated Buzz already exists as a non-face character.

Meta, indeed.
Yes, this makes a big difference. Also, Buzz has a distinctly large lower face, and the guy they picked doesn’t really look the part. Not that any human really does, but I picture someone more like John Hamm, Rob Riggle, Patrick Warburton, etc. with a few decades shaved off.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Maybe they're planning to drop the Jack Sparrow walkaround character (due to recent events) and landed on this nonsensical non-cartoon Buzz to fulfill their "hunky white guy who middle-aged white women can subtly grope after too many drinks at DCA" quota.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom