The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

DrAlice

@TP2000, I can GUARANTEE that if I lived in your neighborhood, my daughter would be ALL STRATEGY about getting one of those gift baskets. 🤣 🤣

As it were, she was happy to get lots of compliments on the Astronaut costume. I think the fact that she chose something that wasn't Marvel was enough to make her stand out from the crowd. One man actually said "FINALLY! I've been waiting ALL NIGHT for someone to be an astronaut! Well done!" and gave her some extra treats. She was over the moon.**

** oof... pun wasn't actually intended... lol

josh2000

So why would you build a theme park land based on the Auto Club? Or Avatar?
Love it or hate it, Avatar is still the highest grossing movie of all time. That status brings clout and corporate interest. It sounds good on paper.

"Universal has Harry Potter, but soon we will have a land dedicated to the highest grossing film of all time!"

I quite like Pandora to be honest. I don't care for the movie at all but still enjoyed the detail that was put in the land. Now that Disney owns Fox and has financial stake in these sequels, the land makes even more corporate sense. Perhaps the land will be updated after the sequels in a similar way to Avengers Campus.

I see Pandora as a top candidate to come to Disneyland Resort in the future with DisneylandForward, as unpopular as that idea might be in the community. I don't think it's just a coincidence that it appears on some of the maps released by Disney for the proposal.

TP2000

I was Snow White (again) for Halloween last night, and we walked around town just looking at the different decorations. Some kid asked me if I was "really Snow White" and I told them no. They squinted at me and told me I was lying! :D I HAVE BEEN TOLD, I suppose!

Ha! I love that! It sounds like you had a better Halloween than I did. 🤣

smooch

Taika Waititi signed on to direct the Tower of Terror film? Sign me up.

I saw this pop up on Twitter earlier today and I am actually excited if it's true. I have enjoyed everything I have seen from Taika Waititi thoroughly, I think he could do something pretty cool with a Twilight Zone theme. He is signed on for a ton of projects from what I hear: his Star Wars movie, Akira, Thor, and now The Tower of Terror. Seems he really enjoys working with Disney to be on so many of their projects. I wasn't very hopeful for the ToT movie before but if one of my favorite current directors is working on a movie for my favorite Disney ride then I am eager to see how this turns out and have faith in him.

smooch

On another note, I hope everyone had a happy Halloween! I didn't dress up or anything this year I just had a quiet night in at my family's cabin in Tahoe, had a few trick or treaters at the start of the evening but not many more after that. It was fun to get away from school and work for the weekend for a fun getaway but now it's back to the real world. And now we're headed into Christmas territory, we still have Thanksgiving but I've already seen Christmas decorations in stores and other places even before Halloween happened, the Christmas music will be out in full force soon. Be sure to buy gifts earlier than later this year, supply chain issues are causing shortages in stock and delayed shipping times for a lot of things.

britain

Hello fellow kids,

I’m decluttering, and I’ve decided to sell my library of Imagineering books. Is there an online service that any of you recommend?

Thanks!

Mac Tonight

I just want to take a minute to highlight something...

WE ****ING DID IT!!!!!!

USATSI17082253-9fd268af-0036-4d5d-8321-0b2e36c94ea2.jpg

Thank you.

Now back to Disney stuff...

lazyboy97o

There's no way this shirt is real and being sold at World of Disney, right? Using Bradley Hand as a font, the enormous chasm of a space between "were" and "here", the 4+ different art styles plastered together, Tinkerbell looking like an eldritch abomination...

This is where the Disneyland Resort is really missing out. Disneyland Resort needs someone like Zach Ridley who can provide verbose, corporate approved Instagram posts explaining how the design legacy is tied to this shirt.

Dear Prudence

There's no way this shirt is real and being sold at World of Disney, right? Using Bradley Hand as a font, the enormous chasm of a space between "were" and "here", the 4+ different art styles plastered together, Tinkerbell looking like an eldritch abomination...

lemme tell you, if I am at Disney and you are not with me, that is a deliberate decision. None of this "wish you were here!"

DrAlice

For those of you that keep saying, "Yeah, you say you are done with Disney, but then you keep going." Nope. Just bought plane tickets and booked rooms for next summer's non-Disney vacation. :p

We'll be back to Disney when they return to offering a premium product to go with their premium prices. In the meantime, we are off to see the rest of the world! Adventure is out there!

mickEblu

Original Poster
For those of you that keep saying, "Yeah, you say you are done with Disney, but then you keep going." Nope. Just bought plane tickets and booked rooms for next summer's non-Disney vacation. :p

We'll be back to Disney when they return to offering a premium product to go with their premium prices. In the meantime, we are off to see the rest of the world! Adventure is out there!

I see this sentiment shared here every once in a while but I’m not sure why Disneyland gets compared to the rest of the world in a thread with mostly locals. One is a theme park 40 miles away from my house and the other is ….the rest of the world.

I can see how it makes sense for you to think that way as you re from out of state. It’s just interesting when others imply or directly say to stop spending money at DL and see the rest of the world as if it’s the same thing for a local who has the park in their backyard. Taking the family on a vacation or swinging by DL with an annual pass are completely different things.

Last edited:

Rich T

I see this sentiment shared here every once in a while but I’m not sure why Disneyland gets compared to the rest of the world in a thread with mostly locals. One is a theme park 40 miles away from my house and the other is ….the rest of the world.

I can see how it makes sense for you to think that way as you re from out of state. It’s just interesting when others imply or directly say to stop spending money at DL and see the rest of the world as if it’s the same thing for a local who has the park in their backyard. Taking the family on a vacation or swinging by DL with an annual pass are completely different things.
I’m in Central Ca, and my family’s been going to DL once or twice a year since 1955 (My older siblings got a head start!). We’ve been a classic die-hard Disneyland Vacation family. And we’re done for now. Disney the company has morphed into a meaningless, soulless self-promotion machine, the park experience keeps getting worse and much more expensive, and Genie+ was the last straw.

Just because you live next door to DL doesn’t mean you don’t have other local options. Everyone votes with their wallets, and continued attendance assures Bob Chapek that his choices are awesome.

But if you still enjoy the parks and find the experience worth the money, by all means have fun! Make great memories!

But please understand that there are a lot of out-of-town lifelong fans truly dismayed at the way the Blue Meanies have destroyed Pepperland—I mean what the Bobs have done to what once truly was for us the happiest place on earth. And we’re voting the only way we can.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom