The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Have you guys done the single rider line for Incredicoaster? With the elevators?? Totally bizarre! I'm not unfamiliar with the feeling of being herded like cattle while at Disneyland, but this was something else.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Final thought on DCA, after my recent visit -- I've severely underrated Toy Story Midway Mania. It's a lot of fun! This is crazy but I hadn't ridden it in years; I remember being let down back in the day after all the hype, and I've largely ignored it since then. But it's a delightful attraction. Starting to rethink my stance that the entirety of Pixar Pier should be firebombed.

waltography

Final thought on DCA, after my recent visit -- I've severely underrated Toy Story Midway Mania. It's a lot of fun! This is crazy but I hadn't ridden it in years; I remember being let down back in the day after all the hype, and I've largely ignored it since then. But it's a delightful attraction. Starting to rethink my stance that the entirety of Pixar Pier should be firebombed.
I also have quite the soft spot for Midway Mania, and that grew quite a bit after Web Slingers opened; you need something tactile in a shooter ride to bridge the gap between you and the screen and the cannons really are a great simple mechanism for that. Definitely still needs a refresh (brighter screens and new games) but it's far and away the better shooter ride in that park.

Do they really? How immersive! Haha. It's quite an experience, being crammed into an elevator with 12 other people. I know I wasn't the only incredulous guest in that elevator. It's probably even more bizarre on Indy.
Such is the tradeoff for a dual loading station fit into odd spaces, I guess. Both Indy and Incredicoaster also have the slightly odd u-turn in the sky right before the station as part of their queues which I've always thought as a fun quirk two rides of almost opposite caliber share.

Consumer

I would like to create a list of every location in California that has been or is represented, whether by inspiration or recreation, in California Adventure and visit them all. Off the top of my head...
  • Buena Vista Street, Burbank
  • Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco
  • Painted Ladies, San Francisco
  • Palace of Fine Arts, San Francisco
  • Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco
  • Yosemite National Park
  • King Canyon & Sequoia National Parks
  • Midway Aircraft Carrier, San Diego
  • Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood
  • Downtown, Los Angeles
  • Disneyland, Anaheim
  • Napa Valley
  • Route 66
  • Santa Cruz Boardwalk
  • Monterey
  • Lake Tahoe
  • Cabazon Dinosaurs
  • Anza-Borrego Desert State Park, San Diego
Throw in the C-A-L-I-F-O-R-N-I-A letters up in Sacramento, too, and the California Zephyr train from Sunshine Plaza at the Western Pacific Railroad Museum in Portola.

This would be quite the California Adventure...

Phroobar

I would like to create a list of every location in California that has been or is represented, whether by inspiration or recreation, in California Adventure and visit them all. Off the top of my head...
  • Buena Vista Street, Burbank
  • Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco
  • Painted Ladies, San Francisco
  • Palace of Fine Arts, San Francisco
  • Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco
  • Yosemite National Park
  • King Canyon & Sequoia National Parks
  • Midway Aircraft Carrier, San Diego
  • Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood
  • Downtown, Los Angeles
  • Disneyland, Anaheim
  • Napa Valley
  • Route 66
  • Santa Cruz Boardwalk
  • Monterey
  • Lake Tahoe
  • Cabazon Dinosaurs
  • Anza-Borrego Desert State Park, San Diego
Throw in the C-A-L-I-F-O-R-N-I-A letters up in Sacramento, too, and the California Zephyr train from Sunshine Plaza at the Western Pacific Railroad Museum in Portola.

This would be quite the California Adventure...
You got a lot of time on your hands.

waltography

Is it ever possible to ride Pirates without people having a full blown conversation until you get to the first drop? I’d love to just take in that part of the ride without hearing someone’s life story.
It's actually a requirement of the ride experience, equivalent to the goat trick on Big Thunder or people reciting the Ghost Host narration in the stretching room. 😛

Parteecia

I once say behind a person that was facetiming someone the entire time. Not once did they turn the camera at the attraction.
Better than the pre-smartphone days when there was a couple making out right in front of me. They kept leaning over the backrest in their passion. I guess they didn't realize or care how little clearance there really is.

PiratesMansion

Is it ever possible to ride Pirates without people having a full blown conversation until you get to the first drop? I’d love to just take in that part of the ride without hearing someone’s life story.
This is insanely frustrating for me too. People confuse atmosphere and tone setting for filler, and chatter on as if they're still in line or at the mall.

Thankfully the drops shut up 99% of riders.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom